Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

candlevolume charts is very helpful to see the big volume and reaction…its handy for petes vsa system…i have used them from tradeinteceptor mobile platform…looking for MT4 version

Another gold setup, this time I took it. H1:

There were 2 other signs of weakness before this segment. On the picture the first marked candle I interpreted as a sign of weakness, because the next one was bearish too, although they had wicks at the bottom. The second is a news candle, but it had bearish reaction too.

The third part is interesting, because first it showed sign of strength with the bullish reaction, but they didn’t had the long bottom wick, more like an upper one, then the third bullish had the highest volume with a long upper wick with bearish reaction, so i took this whole thing as a sign of weakness aswell. Then fourth mark happened at a 50 fibo with bearish reaction, sign of weakness again.

5M:

There was the highest volume of the day into 50 fibo, which is the fourth mark on the H1. It is hard to see now, because of news volume, but the marked ones were high for the day. First support was the AR, but i had to move it down a bit, because it could not go through first.

Second and third mark showed sign of weakness, volume properly picked up at the highs again. Then it broke through the AR, medium volume, closing at the very high. THen came the retest of the AR, ND formed 2 candles later, then I entered when it was confirmed by the bearish candle marked with the little red arrow. Price climbed up again at the fourth mark, volume was high again, then came the news.

Although it was bought into, the second candle after the long bearish news candle was still bearish, so i knew it will go lower, as well as the non VSA traders are going to push it down further. It moved down again about 35 pips, then it showed proper sign of strength twice, so I exited when it touched that black box I marked.

anyone else seeing high vol/big spread on the nzd/usd?

i got a 35 pip spread, regular on all other pairs

Take a break, download Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas, read it, then come back to trading.

Awesome Logg! Subscribed! :41:

Thanks for the advise!

found the price candlevolume charts from Sierra Charts.They give you a better visual displayfor Pete’

s VSA set up

Hi Jaboo,
Would you share your volume indicator that you use on the 1H chart please?

That’s a great book, i just picked it out again from my bookshelf yesterday and thought it would be vice to read it over again :slight_smile:

An advice to all, if you have read a book that gave you something to gain on… practice it for a while, and then read it again… you’ll be amazed how much more you understand and gain again for the second time…

I finished that book recently aswell, totally awesome, it is like the Bible of trading psychology. I’m doing self development for 2 years now, and a lot of things about the universal principles of being successful was mentioned in this book too, but from the trading’s perspective.

I recommend it to everybody.

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is doing well and making lots of money! Just did a quick video on the Dow if anyone is interested.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ryan

He’s using Hidden Gap Volume. I would caution using it, how it highlights the bars can influence your bias of what’s going on with price action. Only thing that’s cool is the MA of the volume, you can see where you need to start paying attention.

Yeah, I agree with you
Can you inform me, which’s the best of MA period for volume? 9, 20 or somtething else?

i notice the moves happening before london open, ie GU

Stopping volume seen at first green arrow (point 2). I don’t like entering based on solely thinking stopping volume = trend change. I waited, we got a mark up, then painted a fib from points 2 -> 3. At the second green arrow a large spike in volume on a widespread down bar (weakness), near the fib. It then hit into the 50-61.8% (point 4) area we all love so much with a volume spike and a clean rejection. I entered based on that. Not really any textbook NSs but I figured the probability was high. Entered at yellow, TP hit at green dotted lines. Any feedback?

Also I seem to have a problem when sometimes in this case AUD/USD looked like it was in distribution, and we got a mark down out of the range, then it hit a 50-61.8% on painted on the 1hr chart and reversed. (Literally that stopping volume was in the larger TF 50.61.8% area. How do you trade based around this? Sometimes it looks like a clear market cycle, but it’s really just a retrace once it hits those levels. Then if you look last night on GBP/USD, textbook accumulation with false break then huge markup. I didn’t take it in fear of a rejection on the 50.61.8% level like the case I was explaining before.

**EDIT: Just watched that video above me, explains some of my questions about why AUD/USD hit and reversed at the 1hr fib.

Hi pete,

Thanks for your vsa posting, i have read this topic for 100 pages from beginning, i found it valuable, but i have question

i found this on someone post on other topic

what do you think about above chart is VSA failure? Or we have to wait a confirmation to get long?
for me i think it is a bull trap after high volume breakout.

The simple explanation based on facts is this… As price was trending down, it hit a lot of demand, but it was temporary and the selloff continued. Technically, as VSA teaches, the result candle after the strength does need to close higher…or bullish as I say, to actually confirm the sign of strength. So it was not technically confirmed.

I’m not big on VSA definitions when I do my analysis because people can interpret names. I’d rather just say what actually happened lol…but when you say bull trap, I think of a fake breakout to the upside, or some sudden up move maybe on good news, that gets sold into and becomes a top…trapping traders who went long.

Hope that helps. Cool you are putting the time in. Post questions anytime.

Yep, it’s been that way for a little while now. In all my years looking at charts I do not remember this particular “mood”. The pre-London volatility, only to sit and range…act uncertain, then react to news.

The uncertainty being communicated to us by the charts is massive. SM is not confidently positioning pre-move. They have been mainly reactive. The good thing is, VSA principles always explain the SM activity, but it doesn’t mean it will lead you to a high probability out come…no setup, or a crappy one.

I went off on a tangent there but for those who are learning…this is what uncertainty looks like. Clean, confident setups will return on a more regular basis as they always do. With all the crap going on in the world, it’s no surprise…markets can stomache a lot these days but there are big questions looming about the future.

Markets want more hard numbers, reassurance from the Fed, confidence in the Euro (yea right) and so on. Soon enough there will at least be a consensus so we can see that confidence come back. I’ve learned to stay positive in uncertain times…when it comes back I always feel silly for stressing lol. :slight_smile: