Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

I think this VSA stuff is getting to me…

I spent last night dreaming about charts, setups, NS / ND candles and volumes…

I dreamt I watched all of Pete’s videos again. All in all quite a productive nights sleep … lol

Hi all

I have just finished reading up to page 20 and just watched the video created by Pete. While still trying to catch up till the latest thread. At the same time, I’m practicing at identifying the ND and NS as well.

May I seek your comments about the identification seen in my attached picture? May I know if I’m on the right track?

*The blue vertical lines are just to provide a reference to the volume against the price spread bar.

Thanks very much
NS

I have next t my PC a note (along with a few others) - “Look at what you are buying/selling in to”. Very helpful :slight_smile:

Peterfader must be teaching VSA with NLP now then :slight_smile: Wish it could be done like that :slight_smile:

Hello everyone. Have been following pete’s threads for quite a while now. Just wanted to say thanks for the great work pete’s done over this years.

Did anyone take this trade? Was this even valid?

Hi Huligan,
Technically, it was an ND, however, in the immediate past, there is strength there in the bullish reaction to the wide spread bearish candle (2 & 3 candles before your ND).
That increases the risk of the trade. It worked out nicely this time, but the chances are reduced, so the next few like it may be losing trades.
The idea is to pick the highest probability trades with VSA as our guide.
My own personal opinion and want is to make few trades with quite a high strike rate, rather than expose to more losing trades, therfore trading more, but with a smaller strike rate, if you know what I am getting at :slight_smile:

Well I never got back in. But thats ok. In the past I have struggled with keeping a trade on even though I know its about to go against me, and I would just let it hit my SL. I woulda saved a lot of money if I had listened to myself. So it was really a small victory that I obeyed my instincts.

My VSA skills have reached a point that I can be confident in myself. I expected demand to come in where it did, but it was way more than I thought it would be. Now with a little experience I should be able to tell when its safe to stay in. I am starting to like the idea of just getting out when it comes back to your entry point, all it takes is one little click and you can get back in and maybe at a better price.

Why did you set BE so early then? :slight_smile:

Regards

I am pretty new here but I’ll tell ya what I think. They are all technically labelled correctly. I’ll just add a few things you may already know. That first NS, its after stopping volume, and after stopping volume you will very often get a small rally like that, you will often see a NS (although NDs are more common) at the top of that rally. I wouldn’t trade that, price will almost always go back down to test the area of the stopping volume. Thats when you look for NS. Just make sure its truly stopping volume, which Pete defines as a bar with volume higher than any other bar in the whole move down.

You will see NDs all throughout a mark-up, its best to ignore them until you see huge volume stopping the upmove.

Thanks for the sharing HR4. I’ll take note about the points your have highlighted in your explanations regarding the look-out for stopping volumes as well while looking out for the NS and NDs. :slight_smile:

Regards
NSGoh

Hah!..Touchè :slight_smile:

I didnt set BE, I saw that big volume on the down bar and waited to see how the next bar closed. It came and touched my entry and I got out when it dipped down a lil bit to get out w/o a loss.

Possible buying climax at the 50 fib.

edit: And of course both my twins start crying lol. After watching the whole down move and retrace…gah

Thanks Tassiefx. I get your point.
The up pinbar just before that wide spread down candle seemed like a sign of weakness to me. Anyway, agree that it was a risky trade to take.

Hey just to let everyone know im in short from 13395… seeing how it plays out.

+15 half taken stop at BE

Nice Im in the same. Got in at 3392. Havent taken profit yet though.

Same thing here.

Looks like a nice reversal. I picked up a few pips on the bounce after that high volume. down-wick candle

Glad im getting the FIB right then!! Something I could never do haha

• I dont know if anyone else uses SMART here, but its showing strength in the range… (25 bars)

There she goes!!

You have that last upwick bouncing off the 38.2 Fib? Just checking to see if I have mine correct.

No trade for me today. Looks like a few aggressive scalps would have worked out but I didn’t go for them…playing it conservative.

Looks like SM is selling into up moves. Ideally, price goes up during off hours and we get a short nice and high tomorrow…we’ll see. cya then.

I like the participation happening in here…kinda gets me motivated to make a video. :33: