Supply/Demand, VSA, Wyckoff with Petefader

Hey guys! what is going ON

1.22 is the long-term euro crysis target even by our way of trading and seeing the price movement!!!:o

June 2010 Lowsā€¦ Amazing to think of how many people have already tried to call a bottom and got burned.

It is very possible way of things to be for EURO! I am not sure about it 100% butā€¦ the possibility of it is high

True LATechBanjo.
That is why we have to see it as it is, that includes fundamentals at times. Todays news gave huge positive news for the US (200k jobs created, unemployment dropped) along with bad Euro news come out (Germany is currently drawing up a deal to cast Greece out of the Eurozone). Fundamentals at the minute seem to have taken over and it is a tim to let them go and wait till we can get back in as ā€œnormalā€.
It is all opportunity though. Just stay patient and rewards will come. This is a big fall for the Euro at the moment, and it will be a person with very big balls to pick the bottom apart from seeing the reversal in the 1hr and taking the trade in the 5min, which is waht is taught here.
Just be patient. Volume will be dropping off very soon and the week will be over. Get some good rest and maybe study a bit over the weekend as well and come back refreshed for some good action next week :slight_smile:

Have a good weekend all

Tassiefx :57:

So, we just had a NS and confirming up move. If the H1 closes bullish and the M5 pushes through a previous level of supply will anyone be entering long, or is it too late in the day?

Enough for today! and still no sign of demand/strengthā€¦ have a nice weekend

Itā€™s after 16:00 GMT on Friday, that over rules any entry signal, i.e. No morre trading!

Iā€™m going to draw a line in the sand here, and say, hang on, we are not giving up on these longs, the market will be long sson, like Pete said, DeJavu.

Smart money I reckon is just pushing it down with deep pockets (this stuff is in MTM, I will find the pages and post), it could go on until March, but in the meantime read the charts, they will tell little white lies, but if you are prepared to be coy for a few weeks, you will be ready to rake it in, in a few weeks.

I did a lot of homework over the last couple of weeks, and I propose over 2012, we move to MT5 and focus more on 15m rather than 5.

I have many reasons for this, if I was an a-hole, Iā€™d say trust me, if I told you why Iā€™d have to kill you, but not me, some people believe that even if we found the Holy Grail here on this very forum it would be voided by itā€™s publication, I know from life experience that that would never be the case.

So my reasons?
The case forā€¦
15m timeframe
It cancels out a lot of 5m TF ā€˜ND/NSā€™.
I played with tweaking a setting on the NDNS from 1.0 to 0.99, it made more differnce than 0.99 to 0.1, that must be significant.
Iā€™m testing a lot of this stuff on the Strategy Tester on MT4 and 15m always turns up best, better than 5m and 1hr in profit, but from everything I see, the 15m backup by the 1Hr will be best.

The case for using MT5ā€¦
In the long run itā€™s always best to keep up to date, I can see benefits in MT5 on the programming side, and I hate converting languages, unless itā€™s from dBase2 to Dbase3!!, but it does give the next step to an easier life.

What Iā€™m on about in a nutshell is an indicator, that says something like, Green Circle(Bear Stop), Green Up (up arrow) then go long, unless you have a Red Arrow in between, because the Red Arrow might crash (apologies and my greatest respect to those brave pilots, that risk their lives in the name of charity).

Soā€¦
Red Circle, Red Arrow = Sell
Red Circle, Green Arrow, Red Arrow=Sell
Red Circle, Green Arrow, Green Arrow,Green Arrow,Green Arrow,Green Arrow,Red Arrow = Sell

BUT

Red Circle, Green Circle, Red Arrow! is still Sell

and so it goes, get it, very simple logic, can we can we can we?

Like actually learning to make a trading profit in the firstplace, it will take time to make it more automated, another 2 years maybe? isnā€™t that when you, Petefader started your original thread? Just over 2 years ago?

Ok, I shall have to stop here, what are your thoughts guys? The NDNS indi is pretty good? No?

And the session volume has proved so useful to many no?

I have a Stopping Volume indi on the go, that was the ā€˜circlesā€™, but itā€™s hellish subjective, so tricky Fuzzy Logic.

And on that note, have a little think guys, more to come, just remember canā€™t say too much before I have to shoot you!

Please send me thoughts on a postcard!

Itā€™s after 16:00 GMT on Friday, that over rules any entry signal, i.e. No morre trading!

Iā€™m going to draw a line in the sand here, and say, hang on, we are not giving up on these longs, the market will be long sson, like Pete said, DeJavu.

Smart money I reckon is just pushing it down with deep pockets (this stuff is in MTM, I will find the pages and post), it could go on until March, but in the meantime read the charts, they will tell little white lies, but if you are prepared to be coy for a few weeks, you will be ready to rake it in, in a few weeks.

I did a lot of homework over the last couple of weeks, and I propose over 2012, we move to MT5 and focus more on 15m rather than 5.

I have many reasons for this, if I was an a-hole, Iā€™d say trust me, if I told you why Iā€™d have to kill you, but not me, some people believe that even if we found the Holy Grail here on this very forum it would be voided by itā€™s publication, I know from life experience that that would never be the case.

So my reasons?
The case forā€¦
15m timeframe
It cancels out a lot of 5m TF ā€˜ND/NSā€™.
I played with tweaking a setting on the NDNS from 1.0 to 0.99, it made more differnce than 0.99 to 0.1, that must be significant.
Iā€™m testing a lot of this stuff on the Strategy Tester on MT4 and 15m always turns up best, better than 5m and 1hr in profit, but from everything I see, the 15m backup by the 1Hr will be best.

The case for using MT5ā€¦
In the long run itā€™s always best to keep up to date, I can see benefits in MT5 on the programming side, and I hate converting languages, unless itā€™s from dBase2 to Dbase3!!, but it does give the next step to an easier life.

What Iā€™m on about in a nutshell is an indicator, that says something like, Green Circle(Bear Stop), Green Up (up arrow) then go long, unless you have a Red Arrow in between, because the Red Arrow might crash (apologies and my greatest respect to those brave pilots, that risk their lives in the name of charity).

Soā€¦
Red Circle, Red Arrow = Sell
Red Circle, Green Arrow, Red Arrow=Sell
Red Circle, Green Arrow, Green Arrow,Green Arrow,Green Arrow,Green Arrow,Red Arrow = Sell

BUT

Red Circle, Green Circle, Red Arrow! is still Sell

and so it goes, get it, very simple logic, can we can we can we?

Like actually learning to make a trading profit in the firstplace, it will take time to make it more automated, another 2 years maybe? isnā€™t that when you, Petefader started your original thread? Just over 2 years ago?

Ok, I shall have to stop here, what are your thoughts guys? The NDNS indi is pretty good? No?

And the session volume has proved so useful to many no?

I have a Stopping Volume indi on the go, that was the ā€˜circlesā€™, but itā€™s hellish subjective, so tricky Fuzzy Logic.

And on that note, have a little think guys, more to come, just remember canā€™t say too much before I have to shoot you!

Please send me thoughts on a postcard!

A thing to note here today, supply needs to be removed before we see higher prices. Clearly this is being done and long postions are being built by SM. It is really weird though the reaction to the NFP, oh wellā€¦ more waiting. Accumulation takes time so, we may be here at the bottom of the range for a little bit before we see a change in trend, but itā€™s comingā€¦

Hey PPF,

Appreciate your on-going efforts for the cause and always trying to work out how to better the method for all concernedā€¦:slight_smile:

May be that just end of Euro ?

btw PPF, the thing with 15m TF, essentially do you find it weeds out ā€˜falseā€™ ND/NS?

Hey PPF,
Sounds like you are doing a lot of homework and study there, but sounds good. I have the NS/ND on my platform, which is quite useful (of course). I will be very interested to see how your new one works out. I donā€™t mind the odd indi or two, but donā€™t think I would let it take over my trading decisions ever. Always prefer my own thoughts, intuition and judgements over indies, but they do have a lot of value still. For example, many indies would ahve been burned yesterday, so the extra process of saying no to news etc helps your bank balance.
I might have to have a look at MT5 and see how it looks etc :slight_smile:

In saying the above though, I am keen to learn Petefaders method completely as I do believe it will be the key to my future success. Everyone learns something and puts their spin on it, which is great. Especially when it is shared as you have been doing PPF.

Many thanks to EVERYONE who contributes their thoughts and analysis etc on this forum :slight_smile: If we apply this knowledge thoughtfully, we will all be much better off for it :slight_smile:

Have a nice weekend everyone

Tassie

I agree with Tassiefx

You will miss some trades that you might not get on the 5m of course, but on the whole Iā€™m convinced the win rate will be higher, and I think itā€™s easier to read the 15m, but I think this one is down to the individual.

Just a thought!

Better to find strength/weakness (stopping volume/upthrust) on h4 or h1 charts! then to wait for confirmation (ND/NS) on m15 or m5ā€¦

Well yes, thatā€™s what we do, expect we donā€™t use the 4hr, thatā€™s a bit of a different story.

I was reading on another site about the correlation between EUR/USD and Standard EuroFX 6E Futures being very high and with volume being centralized in the futures market it could be used to validate volume when using your own broker in the forex market. What do you guys think about this?

http://www.purplepatchforex.co.uk/FxTraderVolumeArticle.pdf

Quick question Guys,
The highest hourly volume we had on any of the highs and lows last week were between 6500 and 7900, were as previously we were having volumes between 9000 and 10000.

Does this indicate SM is still partially on holidays letting the herd have more influence on the market than it usually would?

Or should we be only looking on the 5min volumes for all our volume spikes?