Sydney Market

Unless I’m jumping the gun, the Preschool section has no information on the Sydney market. I have made it to the section concerning how to make money in the market. Am I missing something?

Is no one going to comment on this? Is the Sydney market this unspeakable thing? does it exist? lol

Apparently it does. :cool:

I [I]think[/I] the NZ and Australian markets are usually referred to in trading circles (obviously inaccurately, and presumably because of their longitude) as being part of “the Asian session”.

lmao I can’t tell if the first portion is in all seriousness.

I would imagine they go into that discrepancy in the guide though? Why purposely leave a quarter of the market out without any reasoning behind it? I could understand if they included it in the Tokyo session given the logic but I haven’t read anything pertaining to the Sydney market. Maybe I’m missing something? I don’t know, but I would like to know the significance of this market as a whole in contrast to the others.

Australia [B]does not[/B] represent a quarter of the worldwide foreign exchange market.

It represents [B]2.1% of the market.[/B]

Let’s look at the numbers, as compiled by the Bank for International Settlements (BIS).

Here are the figures from the [I]2016 BIS Triennial Central Bank Survey,[/I] Table 6, page 14.

The following numbers are daily foreign exhange turnover (volume) in billions of USD —

United Kingdom

Asia (see list)

United States

Europe (see list)

Australia

Canada

Russia

India

South Africa

Mexico

Brazil

Thailand

New Zealand

[B]Notes:[/B]

[U]Asia consists of[/U]:

China --73
Taiwan --27
Hong Kong --437
Japan --399
Korea --48
Philippines --3
Singapore --517

[U]Europe consists of[/U]:

Austria --19
Belgium --23
Bulgaria --2
Czech Rep. --4
Denmark --101
Estonia –
Finland --14
France --181
Germany --116
Greece --1
Hungary --3
Italy --18
Latvia --1
Lithuania –
Luxembourg --37
Netherlands --85
Norway --40
Poland --9
Portugal --2
Romania --3
Slovakia --2
Slovenia –
Spain --33
Sweden --42
Switzerland --156
Turkey --22

Thank you, however I didn’t mean in terms of numbers. I meant the 4th session of the day lol.

Do you have any sources of information regarding the session itself? I have plenty of information about Tokyo, London, and New York. I have not however found any information on the Sydney session as of yet (outside of the numbers you’ve just given me).

Have you gotten to THIS PAGE in the pre-school yet?

You do realize the Aussie session is the first session of the day and not the first right? Follow the sun and go to the school as Clint suggested…Please

Sounds much more like it, to me …

Now you’re talking … I miss the sun [I][U]so[/U][/I] much, living over here …

We’ve already had snow (briefly) once, in [I]November[/I]!!

Ouch I dont do the snow. Thats why I live in the tropical weather. A little cool this morning but far from snow. But I actually love to watch the snow fall…on other people…from my computer…in florida lol

Until I came to live in this country, I had actually never seen snow (other than on TV etc., of course). My first three winters, here, I had enough of it to last a lifetime. And each time everyone here claimed to be “shocked and horrified” and said it was the snowiest weather on record, etc. etc.

Yes. I’ve also studied the pages that are dedicated to the Tokyo, New York, and London sessions. I am wondering why there is no page like this for Sydney? I’m not asking anything complicated (I don’t think), That is all.

First and not the… first? I’m going to assume you mean fourth, and either way… My only question is why it doesn’t have a page explaining its in’s and out’s like the other three markets, that is all.

Becuase there just isn’t an acknowledged “Sydney session” - it’s considered to be more or less covered by the “Asian session”.

As explained above, Sydney does only about 2% of the world’s volume. So your phrase “the other three markets” (i.e. with Sydney, by implication, as the “fourth”) just doesn’t apply in any meaningful (i.e. volume-related) sense.

Not trying to be impolite or dismissive in any way, here, I hasten to add, but although it’s a great place with one of the world’s most well-known and instinctively recognised opera-houses (not to mention the rightly celebrated Double Bay Bridge Club), the international [I]trading[/I] community simply doesn’t share your apparent perception of the significance of Sydney in a global context. Sorry, but it honestly isn’t any more complicated than that. :slight_smile:

This thread is like a re-run of one posted 2½ years ago. In fact, the wording of the questions is eerily similar. I’m not suggesting that you and [B]etycoon[/B] are the same person, but —

— I was a big fan of [I]The Twilight Zone,[/I] back in the day, and weirdness gets my attention.

However, I digress.

Regarding trading sessions in general and the “Sydney session” in particular, you might benefit from reading that older thread HERE.

Regarding the division of each forex trading day into trading sessions, I have adopted a new approach, which you can read about HERE, if you’re interested.

And here’s a portion of another post on this same subject:

I hope those references help to put things into perspective for you.

Lol thanks. This is all I was asking for. Someone else said something about it being 2% of the market but answered in such a way that it didn’t really dissolve my question, only gave me more of them lol. Thank you

Lmao no I am not etycoon, this is my only account.

I appreciate the detail and effort you put into sharing this information with me, thank you so much!