The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

Sorry - you think a £500K account with 1:500 leverage didn’t have enough margin (£10K) to short GBPUSD?

market

You’re not making any sense.

We are still waiting to see a Screenshot of complete information for that 15k & 4k trade???

That’s my point… you cannot show a true indication of the trades taken… so I call BS.

3 Likes

And we’re all still waiting to see your live cTrader account - whats your point?

Everyone here knows what your end game is but it doesn’t really bother me - hope you can pay bills with your demos.

That’s the only BS here.

1 Like

And we plough on as usual.

Closed a few trades today. Total profit of £329.86 - small 3.29% gain.

Probably the slowest week for this experiment. Total profit of £427.58 - gain of 4.27%.

Overall profit £4960.52 - overall gain of 49.60%, nearly at that 50% mark.

1 Like

Hi @JackSherwin, I don’t use MyFxBook either (Security) so I’m not going to hold our friend to the flame on this point. As for the LIVE account header at the top of the thread… I could whip this up in 5 mins in P/Shop…

Now I’m not accusing @The_Baller of having done this… just saying it’s no clinical test of a real LIVE account. I’m more interested just to see a complete line of info from his trades as I supplied from the Demo this afternoon… including the accruing Balance…

At a glance… there appears to be multiple accounts at play here…

I’ll apply some basic math to this account… Balance of 14,630 | Equity of 13,231 | Margin used 682

Equity + Margin = (B) 13,913… Balance - (B) = DD… 717

Now 717 pounds of DD which via artistic Screenshots isn’t visible… Smoke and Mirrors…

At the end of the day you write a lot - but prove very little.

stupid

There is no cure.

1 Like

No - I don’t have anything to sell or prove.

I don’t try to peddle any certain indicators to the public.

It’s a bunch of rambling now. I’ll leave a quick opinion

I do understand where @Trendswithbenefits because we have a bunch of people with open eyes who think this is easily ascertainable. I can’t say if @The_Baller has a real account or not. I do want individuals who are coming to forex for their first time to have a more reasonable objective. Obviously it’s not impossible to make these type of trades but with higher rewards come higher risk. You just need a string of a few BAD BIG losses to empty out an account everyone can agree on that point. I’ll say this to each his own. I hope you guys both continue to make prosperous fortunes in your respective endeavors.

In my opinion it is just a very good method to verify your skill to those who you inspire on this thread. We approach a time in this market when a lot of unethical people attempt to scam users and these verified stats put you among those who call themselves professionals in this market.

2 Likes

This is probably one of the more sensible responses for sure.

At the end of the day, its about the hidden agenda - there are people here with an agenda, trying to build an audience and then ultimately flog them a system.

They’re happily plodding along, until they see a thread like this, which they consider competition. So they need to kill it asap.

They can’t gain any traction on their own thread so feel the need to add their 2 cents here.

Don’t you think I’ve been called out before? Or this is the first time some amateurs have tried to slow this train down?

The problem is, this train might slow down for a day or two - but after the pizza fuel its gonna’ keep steaming ahead regardless.

I’ve called BS on many things in life, which turned out not to be BS - did it make it BS in the first place? No.

It’s just opinions.

Those opinions don’t affect my bottom line and profitability.

I understand the risk - and I’ve blown accounts before, and it totals over £1M in losses. I just happen to make more than I lose.

I choose to take this risk and my clients choose to take this risk.

The biggest risk in life is not taking the risk.

My only concern is banking and paying the bills.

Whilst everyone’s eyes are on me and trying to call out BS - my eyes are on the prize.

I can respect that and totally agree the big risk is actually not taking the risk. I can fully agree with you on that. If this is what pays your bills, it’s your job and you act accordingly as such. No harm, no foul - I totally understand that. I say the main reason people are doing callouts is because in their own way it’s vetting for honest info where you get a bunch of turds/scammers that open a thread every few minutes. Again you’re doing this for a living so you understand fully the risk of not being able to pay bills which is way more scarier in my opinion. Keep it up mate!!

Exactly - can’t add anything more.

And others have already questioned the multiple accounts and I’ve already explained > The £10K Gamble - [The Journey].

On a different note… You “only” made 4% this week? What happened? :smiley:

Just kidding. Good job, keep on pipping. images (52)

I know - I’m way behind you.

But that is the reality of trading in the real world.

Either I risk the whole farm every single week or I just accept some weeks won’t be as good as the others.

Nah, like I said before, it’s not a competition. Just wanted to change the topic a bit in an attempt at humor. But seriously good job on almost getting to 50%. Slow and steady works too. I’m killing myself everyday with the emotional swings and stress. I kinda envy you a bit just chilling and making good profits, while I gotta stick the the screens 6-14 hours a day. I enjoy it but I gets really tiring after a while. Thank goodness for the weekend I’m going to catch up on some sleep.

Like mine!! :laughing: :laughing:

Love the 10K experiment!

KC

1 Like

Its working for you so that is the main thing.

Enjoy the sleep and enjoy the time with your son - that stuff is the only real thing that counts.

:+1:

For the very few that get this - its just an experiment to show that looking at the bigger picture can get you in line to enter the market in the right direction for the long term.

If you choose to hold on for 500+ pips then so be it.

If I did that here, this thread would have been 1 post long - I may save that for another thread.

In the real world, especially here, £10K is a lot of money and I don’t know many who could afford to deposit that kind of cash and then just wait for weeks and months without cashing in.

I’m cashing in to show that even slow and steady can put bread on the table - if you want to call it scalping then that’s up to you.

3 Likes

This is a valid point and eloquently put.

I don’t however make up BS excuses that I don’t use MyFxBook for security reasons - I don’t use it and never have because I trade myself for myself.

I have a few goals in life, pay the bills and put bread (in the form of pizza) on the table.

I started this thread and ensured it was clear, it was a bit of a gamble - it could all go down the drain at any point - don’t try to replicate this without doing your own due diligence.

I’m merely putting the results of this experiment here.

2 Likes

If I’m going to recommend anything to anyone on here, its pizza and its via Papa Johns.

They know what they’re doing.

2 Likes