The £10K Gamble - [The Journey]

Do all brokers support them?

@Dumani, I know Ctrader is available via some UK, Euro Brokers and Australian Brokers.

Not sure about the US, I think the Dodd Frank Act renders Ctrader unavailable in the 52 states…

1 Like

Very interesting read. Looking at USDCAD right now, and I was just wondering where you’d put your SL, because you were telling that you put your SL far away from all the noise. Just wanna get some sort of clarity on how far away that is!

1 Like

Hahah! To be fair I am not surprised at all that these posts (and maybe this guy) are no longer around. On the other hand it’s such a pity as I feel now I’ve missed life opportunity there and was thinking of a bigger car by the end of the year. Well, better to stick with Pizza(s) and @The_Baller plan which sounds more realistic.

1 Like

You and me both. What a pity!!! LOL!!!

1 Like

I was really starting to believe in this guy until @Trendswithbenefits came up with some strong arguments which he failed to clearly explain. Being a noob, i don’t even know what to believe now :smirk:

3 Likes

well try Baller’s method for yourself on a demo account and see whether it works for you. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

2 Likes

I have to say I tend to agree with you i.e. see for yourself and put in the effort.

Although to be fair: he has been very short on detail other than the one post where he detailed something that he found in the attic and that his friends trade (something like that).

MAN: he’s gonna kill me when he gets back!!! LOL!!!

I will tell you a little secret for what it’s worth:

I myself have been looking at these Hello Moto clouds (Icho Wacho whatever), thanks to this thread, in order to maybe develop a decent trend following system (my core system only buys or sells pullbacks so the trades are of relatively short duration). I am still looking at it but I think that there is merit to this as per what his Lordship (@The_Baller) posted in that post to which I refer to above. Will see. Not going to lead anybody (including myself) down the garden path until I’m happy though.

1 Like

I would but there isn’t enough clarity as to how to perfectly pick support and resistance zones as well as entry and exit points. Otherwise it sounds like it’s worth the shot.

1 Like

@dpaterso what periods did you set for your lagging line?

I’m just using the default to test. I think it’s 26???

1 Like

Can you open a MFB acc. and show us the link?

If you do it, I will join your thread.

I have no fear in calling BS when I see it.

@3lvee, please let me clarify, I have no issue with most of his strategy. Month, Weekly, Daily chart etc. this top down technique is sound.

And even though I don’t use the “cloud” indicator, I have read some seriously good strategies based around it.

So don’t let me stop anyone trialling his Strategy…

It’s the rest of his claims and lack of trading transparency I find fraudulent.

3 Likes

How did i know you were going to stop by??? LOL!!!

OK. Whoa. Nobody is reading my posts properly. I’m not doing what’s on this thread and have nothing to do with it. It just gave me a possible idea for a trend following system which I’m still looking at and nothing more. So there’s no thread or whatever. (This being said: maybe an idea to start one and show all and sundry what I’m thinking).

1 Like

Ichimoku Kinko Hyo (for people like my friend @dpaterso) is a Japanese system that has been around for a while. It’s good for swing trading. Works pretty well on default settings, until it doesn’t (during choppy markets). Learned the basics 3 years ago but it didn’t fit my mindset. It’s a derivative of the concept of moving averages, with some lines moved forwards and backwards to better illustrate what happened before and what might happen in the future. Pair it with a momentum indicator and it works a lot better. But as I keep saying, find out what kind of trader you are first, then figure out a system that fits your mindset and incorporate other things to make the system your own.

6 Likes

Hello Moto.

2 Likes

Lol I remember the old Motorola cellphone ads. Millenials on here probably don’t know what you’re talking about Dale.

2 Likes

I’ve had three Razrs in my life. Best and nicest phones ever. Still have one lying around but the screen is broke. Costs more to replace the screen nowadays than buy a new Samsung. So that’s that!!! LOL!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcc3L8Nt3Hw

Too much fun!!! LOL!!!

Buy a new Huawei in 3 months, those things are going to be dirt cheap LOL

1 Like