The 3 Duck's Trading System

Hi Captain Currency,

You’re a very kind man

I would like you please to explain to us , when we take the 4H and 1H ,and 5M to insure crossing of 60SMA , The PA must be all 3 instances either bullish or bearish to inter trade or not necessary ?

Also is it ok to trade when PA just crossed 60 sma on 5m chart to line up with other 2 charts 1h, and 4h ?

best regards to all

Hi Sharad

Best wishes,

How much you think MINIMUM balance needed to work with open trades ( without S/L )

Wish you all the best

Mamz

i use and try system is nice and working!! i have my own but i still use it because it’s working…keep it good work!!

Thanks for your wishes,

I believe there should be at least 70 % unused balance in your account so that you can firmly stand against any negative outcome. Take lots according to size of your capital. Second thing is patience…which every trader must have to succeed in forex market.

Good luck.

Sharad

Hi all,

This is my first post on baby pips. I have followed this thread closely with great interest. I particularly like that the system is an easy to use guideline and that it appears to have longevity. I am a trader with experience, mostly using EMA crossovers on daily charts with candlesticks. I am a little tired of the pace of life on daily charts and giving lots of money to my broker, hence my search for a more active strategy.

I am planning to start trading this system and would greatly appreciate the thoughts of those with experience of 3 ducks. Firstly, this morning I logged on to see the 1hr and 5 min were well below the 60sma EUR/USD just after the London open ( a large divergence between price action and the SMA). At this time the 4 hr had crossed over the 60sma, but during the period it crossed back above. Now, would I be right in assuming that the basic signal is only met when each candle/bar has closed crossed over their respective SMA’s? Also, when a situation like I have described occurs ( 1hr, 5 min crossing sma’s and rapidly diverging from the SMA before the 4 hr chart crosses) should I leave this currency pair alone or once the 4 hr crosses over will a cross back, then re-cross on the 5 min chart validate the signal??

I appreciate this is a guideline to put probability on our sides, which it appears reliable at doing so. Can I ask what particular filters you successful traders are using ie; indicators, candlestick patterns, support/resistance. ( and if so do you use these levels off a particular time frame). Do you use the 3 ducks over a 24 hr session or is it more reliable during the EUR-US sessions? Do you trade it 5 days per week?

Apologies for my long winded, possibly confusing post but any help is a great help!!

Regards,

Mark

[I][/I][B]I Hope This Helps You.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.

September 15th 2011 at approx 7am Dublin Time[/B]

[B]Eur.Usd [/B]– I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 1.3592 area is needed first.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – Euro and Pound are currently about the same strength so not a currency pair I would be looking to trade at the moment.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold above the 0.8820 area is needed first.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – Bears are in control and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – In a bit of a sideways range at the moment between 77.87 at the top and 75.94 at the bottom so not a currency pair I would be looking to trade at the moment.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – Same as last week; I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[I][/I][B]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/B]

Best wishes with your trading,
[I][/I][B]Andy[/B]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

[B]I Hope This Helps You.

Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.

September 21st 2011 at approx 8:30am Dublin Time[/B]

[B]Eur.Usd [/B]– I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 1.3658 area is needed first.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – Euro and Pound are currently about the same strength so not a currency pair I would be looking to trade at the moment.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold above the 0.8820 area is needed first.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 1.0232 area is needed first.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – A little bit risky at the moment so not a currency pair I would be looking to trade for the moment.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – A few bearish days since last week so I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – Same as last week; I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus![/B]

[I][/I][B]Andy[/B]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Duck’s Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas.

Hi Andy I have been reading your post on here and also researched on the net the 3 ducks that you use I have sent you an email about the ebook and the 1 on 1 training

Graham

[/B][B]Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.[/B]

[B]September 28th 2011 at approx 12pm Dublin Time

Eur.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 1.3480 area is needed first.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – Bullish for the last 4 day but I would prefer to be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 1.5525 area is needed first.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold above the 0.9065 area is needed first. A break and hold below the 0.8880 area would get me neutral on this pair.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 0.9835 area is needed first.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – Same as last week, I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 103.00 area is needed first. A break and hold above the 105.40 area would get me neutral on this pair.

[B]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus!

[/B]

[I][/I][B]Andy[/B]

I’m sure this is probably a stupid question but I can’t seem to work it out…

Let’s say the 60ma is above on the 4hr, 1hr and 5min TF as the price is falling…when do I get in? Or put another way, can I only enter when the 60ma is crossed on the 5 min TF initially (assuming the other TF’s agree), not just at any time?

Hope someone can help;-)

Considering this is a directional momentum type model, you’re seeking to exploit opportunities that present themselves when the 3 timeframes are synchronized & headed one-way.

One option to your question is actually covered in the first post of the thread.

So if you were to use the guidelines that Andy is recommending for that particular instance, you’d wait for prices to climb back above the most recent high on the 60 and/or 5 minute chart before re-engaging long.
Opposite for shorts.

Thanks for your reply.

Looking at the 5min chart shown for GBP/USD today as an example, bearing in mind that price is also below the 1Hr and 4Hr timeframe, where would be valid entries on this chart? The thick blue line is my 60ma

You’ve missed your bus for today.
The optimum entry for this pair taking into consideration your original question, was a break below today’s Tokyo low through 1.5420.

New question, if the 4Hr 60ma is trending down, the 1Hr 60ma is trending up (slightly) and the 5min 60ma is trending down AND the price action is below the 60ma on all three then is that a signal to enter a short trade? Or do all three Ma’s need to be trending in the same direction as well? (Look at GBPJPY at the end of the 28th September for an example of all 3 TF’s doing this).

Appreciate any views on this.

The answer you received yesterday in post 311 covers that scenario too julient.

This structure is encouraging you to look for confluence of timeframes. Whenever Captain Currency offers his summary of prospective entries he mentions breaks of swing lows on the 5 minute chart as preferred levels to get either long or short.

If you take that example & apply it to your hourly chart you can determine where the likely areas are to begin priming a long or short entry. Once price breaks through the most recent swing on that 60 minute timeframe (in the direction of the 4 hour chart trend), it’s ok to then drop down & observe the 5 minute to look for your entry.

Your example on that date identifies the 118.50 area as the next probable short entry candidate for gbp/jpy as that is the next nearest lower swing zone price will need to break through in order to continue the bearish bias.

But if you’re struggling to identify a possible entry because one or more of the timeframe sequences is out of kilter, then leave that pair alone until it begins to display clearer signs & look to another pair for a cleaner or higher probability trading opportunity.

Thanks Kyle

Such a great and easy system to use wish all trading systems where this simple and effective.

[/B][B]Here Is My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.[/B]

[B]October 20th 2011 at approx 1:35pm Dublin Time

Eur.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – I am slightly more Euro bullish at the moment and I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – A bit 50/50 at the moment and not a currency pair I would be looking to trade today.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Hope that helps you, Keep it Simple, Keep it Logical, Keep Control, Keep Focus!

[/B]

[I][/I][B]Andy[/B]

A rocky ride for the Euro lately …

I Hope This Helps You.

[B]November 16th 2011 at approx 9am Dublin Time;

Eur.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – The Pound is slightly stronger than the Euro at the moment imo and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 1.0150 area would get me neutral on this pair.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 76.90 area would be good for the bears.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] –I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[I][/I][B]Andy[/B]

I hope this helps you.

Here Is An Idea Of My Current View On Some Currency Pairs Using The 3 Ducks Trading System.

[B]November 23rd 2011 at approx midday Dublin Time;[/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – Same as last week, I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – Same as last week, I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – The Euro is slightly stronger than the Pound at the moment and I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 0.9080 area would get me neutral on this pair.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break and hold below the 76.70 area would be good for the bears again.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] –I would be looking for the selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. Sellers next goal is a break of the 103.20 area.

Hope that helps you.

Keep it Simple,
[I][/I][B][I]Andy[/I][/B]