The 3 Duck's Trading System

Nice going d-pip.
Yens have been ok trading 3 Ducks of late especially eur/jpy, but patience & a nimble attitude has been the order of the day in regard to one or two other pairs regularly featured on the list.

At least it doesn’t take long to set the scan up & filter out the likely pairs.

[B]A question I often get from traders;[/B]
“Andy why do you use a 60 period simple moving average”

[B]My answer;[/B]
No scientific reason why its a 60 period sma, it is just something that works well, a good average!

Hello Duck Hunters,

[B]Thought for Today[/B]
Your best trading months will be when you where patient.
Your worst trading months will be when you where impatient.
Patience Is A Core Trading Skill.

[B]Simple Market Scan[/B]
Below is my mid-week “Simple Market Scan” using The 3 Ducks Trading System and my preference for the next few days, hopefully it will help you.

[B]28th – 30th March 2012 [/B]

[B]Eur.Usd[/B] – current spot price is 1.3338, a strong couple of weeks for the Euro and I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Gbp.Usd[/B] – current spot price is 1.5922, I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break back below the 1.5800 area would get me neutral on this pair.

[B]Eur.Gbp[/B] – current spot price is 0.8377, for a 3 Ducks trader this would not be one of the best pairs to be trading at the moment. Euro has a slight upper hand on the Pound at the moment but no real movement.

[B]Usd.Chf[/B] – current spot price is 0.9036, same as last week, I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up. A break below the 0.9016 area keeps bears in control.

[B]Aud.Usd[/B] – current spot price is 1.0407, Aussie Dollar is still feeling the heat, bears are eying up the 1.0335 area and I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Usd.Cad[/B] – current spot price is 0.9966, I’m still neutral on this pair at the moment so sitting on my hands.

[B]Usd.Jpy[/B] – current spot price is 83.02, the recent bullish pressure has softened a bit lately, but a break and hold above the 83.40 area would get me bullish again and looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

[B]Eur.Jpy[/B] – current spot price is 110.85, a decent trend lately and I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.

Hope that helps you.

Keep it Simple,
[I][B]Andy[/B][/I]

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to, any loss of profit, which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.

there are too great many pages for me to read for which I am sorry but internet connection is not so good here these days. So could anyone tell if the last low or high in 5 min chart should be broken meaning the yesterday’s high or low? or the nearest high or low to the price? If anyone could post a chart of it then it would be great.

You don’t need to read every post on a forum, you just need to read The 3 Duck’s Trading System ebook, it will only take you about 1 hour to read and you can save it onto your PC so no internet connection needed.

You can get a free copy of The 3 Duck’s Trading System on The Captain Currency blog.

From page 8 of the ebook;
[B]The third duck[/B]
[I]The 5 min chart, our third duck is used for entries.
What we are really looking for on the 5 min chart is for prices to get
above the sma and move higher than the last high on the 5
min chart.[/I]

A chart is shown on page 8 of the ebook to explain it as clearly as possible.

Hope that helps you Buddy.

Andy

the ducks AU trade seems to be working today! :smiley:

thanks andy!

I have recommend 3 Ducks trading method as one of the best system in March. Hope all the ducks hunter here will go and vote it. For those newcomers who are interested to see how 3 ducks method fare, please vote for it and Robopips will backtest the system. :slight_smile:

As they do in Chicago, please vote early and often!

We are still lagging behind. We need more votes in order to get selected for back testing. Come on everyone go for the last push. :slight_smile:

Hi Ray_1 ,where do we go to vote? Cheers. :slight_smile:

You can access it via the home page of the site.

Got it. :slight_smile:

Hi all…my english is very little…i’m sorry
I have a problem … the 60 is about 60 ‘that the 240’ …is very far … I can scalping on 5 'I have to wait a short or even up?
I really like this system but there are moments in which the risks of waiting hours …i trade Bund…now post a grafic

I can not enter the picture

Ok! Maybe is good

If I understand your question, I would say yes.

If the price is above the 60 moving average on the 240 hour and 60 hour chart and you want to take small trades off the 5 minute chart I would suggest trying it

After using the 3 ducks for awhile you might start to find your own personal ways of adapting the method for your trading style and price action of the market.

I view the 3 ducks as a guide and framework from which I have made my own little changes and tweaks. I hope you find it is a successful method for trading the Bund!
thanks! :44:

1 Like

Hi everyone, there is the link:
Vote for March’s Best Forex Trading System! | Forex Blog: Art of Automation

We are lagging behind. let push the votes up. :slight_smile:

AU ducks going… quack… quack… quack… again!

Maybe I should take a little the hand and watch him. However in the end if I short/ Long levels duck of 5’or I would gain
Thank you very match…have a nice weekend

[QUOTE=MattW2009;337126]Not sure I understand what you’re asking here.

To distill the method into its simplest form, for longs:

1. Price is above the 60SMA on the 4 hour
  2. Price is above the 60SMA on the 1 hour
  3. Price moves from below to above the 60SMA on the 5 min
  4. Price rises above the most recent high on the 5 min - this is your trigger to enter.

I thought … if the price is 60 on the 240’ and the 60 ‘… but yields on 5’ … I have to wait up to 5?
Anyway, my question was stupid … maybe I wanted confirmation.
thanks…good weekend to you and all