The 3 Duck's Trading System

Yes this is a great strategy and it will never get old. Make sure you read all info before trading with this system and don’t forget to request your ebook from Andy and trade accordingly.

[QUOTE=“mario777;519093”]hi all, anyone succeeded trading this strategy? Is it still worth trying as this is already more than 6 years.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Kashif. The 3 ducks has given me 8.5% on my equity and that’s just this week. I’ve noticed it can be prone to fake outs, but no system is perfect. If you enjoy trend trading then I strongly recommend you try it out on demo.

I’m developing a bit of a soft spot for Usd.Jpy over the last few weeks Duck Hunters!

Here’s the build, to get me bearish again a break below the 97.04 area is needed. This would get our 1st Duck back below the sma on the 4hr chart which means we’d only be interested in the selling setups thereafter when all our ducks line up in the same direction (see chart below).

Trade idea on Usd.Jpy, next week I’d reckon some trend trader will be pre-setting a pending order to sell below that 97.04 support level and targeting the 96.00 area and below into next week, some might opt to take their profits sooner. Stops above 1 hr or 4 hr resistance. A false breakout on the first attempt wouldn’t stop them from having another run I’d reckon.

On the flip side, a break and hold above the 98.65 area next week would get me neutral on this pair.

Hopefully you can catch a winner (or two) next week Duck Hunters.

Andy
Captain Currency.

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.

Great analysis Andy!

But i reckon we would see very slow movement in the coming couple weeks given the summer holidays.

Nonetheless, good levels to watch out for :slight_smile:

Captain and all, do you consider also the slope your your SMA to decide your entry? Sometimes the price broke the SMA down but the SMA is pointing upward. Thanks!

Hey Mario,

I’d keep it simple for now and just follow 1st, 2nd and 3rd Duck as outlined in the eBook.

[B]Andy
Captain Currency.[/B]

Wink Fartist,

Your analysis of slow movement is just what we’re getting this week so far!

Will it change?

[B]Andy
Captain Currency.[/B]

Hi Andy, All,

I trade mainly the 4 hour charts but have a bit extra time to spend on day trades. A few questions please…

It looks like a great system - how did you figure it out?

Which pairs do you trade?

Do you (or anyone else) have amount of pips profit/loss stats to show for the past x months?

Many thanks

Stefan

The answers to your questions are covered within the contents of the thread, one of them multiple times.

Thank you - I’ll read through the 124 threads and report back my findings to help others starting late in the thread.

Update

Scouring each thread is painful.

I have googled and CC youtube video recommends trading the top pairs which I presume means the majors.

The trading system review from BabyPips shows 7% gain in 3 months. System Review: 3 Ducks System | Forex Blog: Art of Automation

Anyone who came across the thread after the first 40 odd pages were always going to be late to the thread, but it didn’t stop them (or me) from reading it front to back.

It’s hardly going to make your brain ache.
In fact you’re good to go after you’ve digested the contents of page 1.

The rest will be very heavily dependent on the individual’s level of experience, aptitude, common sense & trading style.

Everyone trades the specifics, including entry, management & exit criteria very differently so you’re simply going to have to do your own ground work & assessment of its capabilities & forward potential.

I certainly wouldn’t take a blind bit of notice of anyone else’s feedback or appraisal on here, purely because of the criteria mentioned 2 paragraphs back.

I disagree, listen to all info and take on board what can be applied. How else do people learn?

You could have answered my questions in 2 sentences instead you wasted a big lump of garb spam.

You’re absolutely right, I could have.
But I’m damned if I’ll do your donkey work for you.

Good hunting! :slight_smile:

Ahoy thar Kent matey, welcome on board Stefan. How did I figure it out?? That’s an easy question to ask but a hard one to answer! Might try and answer that when I’ve time on my hands skipper …

Glad to hear you mainly trade the 4hr charts.

[B]Andy
Captain Currency.[/B]

Yeah, but it wouldn’t be half as much fun, not nearly as thought provoking or enlightening as using your initiative to discover for yourself the potential benefits of the framework presented on page 1.

The smarter thread viewers & participants quickly spot the potential of adopting the logical momentum structure & simply bolt on their own personal set ups, execution & trade management preferences.
In other words, they determine & discover their own conclusions via their research & testing influenced by the elements already explained to you in the highlighted comments

Trying to compare one person’s progress & results versus another when trading a discretionary approach is not only a complete waste of time but a futile exercise for those very reasons.

I use the Irish 3 ducks system to locate and verify, then I use the Canadian cousin 30, 15 and 5 min time frames to enter, exit and manage… 3 ducks is a great system especially if you don’t like indicators, but I do, so I use more than 60sma

I suppose come Sept when the summer holidays are over, volatility would resume?

Nonetheless we got quite big news event this week like the fomc but it didn’t spark much direction either.

I’m currently looking at EURCAD, GBJPY and NZDUSD if it breaks below the 0.78

Cheers!

Be they Irish Ducks or Canadian Ducks I hope someone is using them to make a few quid on Usd.Cad.

A good weekend to all our cousins,

[B]Andy
Captain Currency[/B]

Greetings Duck Hunters,

Aud.Usd Bears are starting to behave again (1st Duck only favors sells) and this could be a pair on your shortlist to trade in the coming days. No doubt the big prize for Bears will be a break and hold below that 0.8841 area of support.

Andy
Captain Currency

A mountain of fundamental news to watch out for next week Duck Hunters and a holiday in the US and Canada on Monday too.

Here’s what she looks like:

Mon 2nd, Holiday in the US and Canada.
Tue 3rd, Australian Interest Rate Statement.
Wed 4th, Canadian Interest Rate Statement.
Thur 5th, UK and Euro Interest Rate Statement.
Fri 6th Non Farm Employment Change.

There is USD strength out there and that’s been reflected in the 4 hr downtrend on Aud.Usd. For us 3 Ducks trend traders it makes sense to be only looking for the selling set-ups on Aud.Usd at the moment, 1st Duck is below the 4hr sma (see chart below).

Will that USD strength continue into next week and September? Well that’s where some of the above fundamentals will have an impact on the sentiment and the 4 hr trend. I hope sentiment does stay strong for the US Dollar so we can keep looking to sell Aud.Usd.

Stay safe out there and hopefully you can catch a winner or two,

Andy
Captain Currency.

These are not trade recommendations. The 3 Ducks Trading System is best used as a set of guidelines with discretion in addition with your own market analysis and trading ideas. I do not accept liability for any loss or damage, including without limitation to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use or reliance on such information.