The bitter truth: forex trading is for the worldly & not for Christians

LOL.

I was replying a mail to a good friend but I was not able type and think at the same time. The reason was I could not help thinking if I should have posted what I thought regarding the above before that.

The reason is religion is best left un debated, as it is known to offend more than it has ever united humanity.

But than, I had said what I felt, and it might be the ultimate truth, or it might not. Each to their own.

Yikes…
This word is a serious racial slur in South Africa (though the spelling can be different)
I think the original meaning was the same but over time it became a term of abuse.
You could get into serious trouble if you throw that one around …lol
I’ve just never seen it used in this way

LOL, well if you ask me, I believe that anyone who uses such words to classify or group human beings should be brought to the book.

But than, the world has never been in balance. What might be a big offense on one corner of the world, might be so common on the other end, and it wont even raise an eye brow.

Me, I believe people can only offend me if I allow myself to be offended.

If they want to be dumb as hicks, be my guess. Stupidity does not offend me.

Ok let me assume the image is not DICE but not assuming forex trading is’nt gambling, betting which George Soros who is probably most of you guys role model is reffered to as gambler in media these days George Soros ‘makes $1.2bn betting against yen’. Of course God does not approve gambling neither does he needs PROCEEDS from gamblers in tithe and offerings. The answer is "Proverbs 13:11. I can go on and on but those who have ears let them hear.

PS - babypips used “betting” when explaining meaning of fx trading in their school and so I still won at last.

not so fast!

Is there not a verse or two about -
“Niether a lender nor a borrower . . .”

So in your descriptions - No one should either be in debt to anyone else - -and niether should they borrow TO anyone. In this case then 99% or more of all of everything is a sin.
From buying groceries on a credit card . … . to having a mortgage for a home - - AND shame on credit card companies lending money - - and mortgage brokers lending too.

I myself am a member of the one and only true church, The Church of Scientology, and we are also actively trying to ban gambling from our present so that our thetans can enjoy this earth for contractually agreed billions of years to come in the drug and addiction free world.

To the site admins. Please don’t delete this comment because then we, Scientologists of the world, might get an impression that you guys at Babypips HQ are favoring proselytizing of one religion (Christianity), over another on this ?currency trading forum? .

You are asking Babypips to not do something you just did by stating your church is the one and only true church.

Your ironic hypocrisy is enough for me to ignore you outright. What Babypips decides is between you and them.

But, you are not ignoring dedoctor when he writes, and I quote:

““By the way Roman Catholics or catholics believers all over the world are not Christians but bunch of idol worshippers and self righteousness under the guise of christianity. So do not be deceived. I am talking about the true pentecostal ministries here under the influence of the power of God through the Holy Ghost and Bible believing only.””

Why are you like this, mastergunner?

If these my lines of statement offends you catholics and feels I was being judgemental, I ve answered it already and in which case plead God for forgiveness and mercies. No offense intended.
If any body can prove otherwise fx trading is’nt gambling, betting (which I strongly believe non of you can coupled with the fact 95% traders are losers daily) hmm I will keep winning the topic

It would be much more constructive if time was spent looking at some trading methods and ideas instead of arguing over pointless topics like this.

Dedocwhatever, the only thing that is winning is your inflated sense of I told you so. It aint gonna pay the bills nor feed the kids.

Get on with the program.

You can create an edge in the market. Thereby allowing you to control the ultimate result given an infinite amount of opportunities.

Betting and gambling are not the same thing. If you ever purchased insurance, you are placing a wager of an outcome. That doesn’t constitute gambling.

Besides all that, I see nothing wrong with a Christian gambling. Can it lead to sinful acts? Sure, but so can anything else.

It’s what’s in the heart.

I can hit a slot machine and play purely for the entertainment value than to actually believe I will hit a jackpot.

And yes, there is an entertainment value as most slots are damn near video games these days.

I agree and think we should follow every written word in the bible.

The old testament is an absolute favourite of mine, I normally alternate between it and Harry potter! But got to give some love to the new testament too. Here’s a classic one liner from JC himself:

“If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple.”

And that kids is why I hate everyone :wink:

Come on guys, please stop this. I don’t understand why the moderators just glaze over your highly offensive posts but yet they respond lightning fast when it comes to posts about ICT. This last post is particularly offensive. Clearly the “report post” function does not work when it comes to making fun of another’s religion.

I wasn’t making fun of Christianity, I was making fun of fundamentalists who believe that following the bible’s every word is more important than the core beliefs and ideas behind the written text.

Sorry if you took offence.

Bitters

You are taking it out of context. Translations can’t always translate perfectly . I more accurate way would be to say, love less.

Jesus was saying in the context provided and translated to our understanding that if you were to leave your father and mother and essentially give up your life to follow him around for a couple years, it required a certain amount of dedication.

Context is everything.

I could say that was straight dope, bro. But I’m not introducing heterosexual or vertically aligned narcotics to someone who was my mother’s other son.

wow people, you have a lot of free time to waste :eek:

Every time you cross the street at the stop light, you take a bet that the guy in a Range Rover wont accidentally step his foot on a gas pedal and kill you dead. As a Christian, why are you voluntarily willing to gamble your mortal life away?? Why not bunker yourself at home and just survive on pizza and that 24/7 replay of Club 700 thats so good for the soul??

Your dullard try to proselytize on a financial forum offends good taste. That’s all.

1 Like

Agreed, translations from Hebrew to Greek to English are not perfect, neither are interpretations of history ex post facto.

However, this is essentially my point (perhaps better explained in my response @Puremuscle), if you take every word or even every sentence from the bible for its literal meaning, you will end up with some very conflicting passages and overall message.

Its better to take the overall meaning behind the entire text as a whole. - in my humble opinion.

Now for the OP: “The lot is cast in the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord.” - sounds like them apostles were taking a punt! or gambling… :wink:

Oh and the good book does not mention gambling explicitly anywhere in the text. It is our interpretation of scripture that suggests easy money, and the goal of money is is bad, whereas been poor is good.

Personally, I have yet to find any “easy” money trading forex…

I agree with this man!