Political Opinion

For all the poor people, regardless of circumstance? Try watching the news, reading a book, maybe even buying a newspaper and actually reading from the front.

I give up on this thread, it’s too often not rooted in the real world.

Yes, for ALL people, the poor people especially because they are the ones committing majority of violent acts. They are the ones in most need to develop coping mechanisms. Did you just suggest to me to go and read A book? As a matter of fact I’m page 43 into Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises. Maybe you read too much news and give yourself not enough time to process it properly, Simon?!

I don’t understand welfare. Liberals push atheism and natural selection into our schools. If you are unable to keep a job then maybe your genes don’t need to be passed on.

Brilliant XD

[QUOTE=“konan;483904”]

Brilliant XD[/QUOTE]

Here’s some more. I drive 15 minutes every month and buy a crack addicts food stamps for 50 cents on the dollar. That’s half price tax free food. God Bless America.

Is that the sort of crap they teach in [I][B]your[/B][/I] “church”?

From one of your previous posts:

The “church” of “scientology” — isn’t that an oxymoron?

You were just being facetious in that post, right? You don’t actually [I][B]believe[/B][/I] that Elrod Hubbub stuff, do you?

It’s L.Ron Hubbard, show some respect! No, I have never been a member of any cults and was just trying to make a point in a way another member of a cult or a church would best understand it…

"“church” of “scientology” — isn’t that an oxymoron?"
Church of Science would def. be.

konan- who pays for “free health care”?

Iyajenkei- who pays for food stamps? (i know you agree with me)

Just where does all this money come from?

Do you think it’s ok for the government to come to you and force you to give them money for them to use for things that are not among their enumerated powers in the Constitution? Why do you think certain things should just be “free?” What’s free? Somebody’s going to pay for it, and it’s really yourself. You’re paying more for it in a round about way, than you would be directly.

And how does all this “I think it should be this way” line up with the US Constitution and Bill of Rights?

How come if the Fed budget has an annual deficit of over $1.5 trillion, is my phone bill $20 more a month than it was 3 years ago because of new fees axes, my electric bill $45 more per month for same usage in kilowatts, my gas $3.30\gal up from $1.80\gal 4 years ago, my grocery bill doubled for the same amount of groceries, property taxes 50% more, construction materials are outrageous, just look at the price of a 2X4, or a sheet of drywall? It’s because I’m paying built in taxes on everything. Tax on one is tax on all, it gets passed on to the end user. Just think how much different things would be if it was just between us and the seller, no middle-gov’t-man.

It looks to me like governmental tyranny. Out-of-bounds from our Constitution and founding. But what do you expect from people who think we are little more than apes, who value life so little, who think morality just gets in their way?

Now, let me remind everyone where money\wealth comes from. It does not come from the gov’t. They cannot create it out of thin air and give it to you.
It is only created when one person sells something to someone else for more than it cost the first person.
I sell you a 2X4 piece of lumber for $2.94, that cost me $1.00 from the lumber mill. That’s wealth created, $1.94. I buy Euro\USD at 1.3100 yesterday and sell at 1.3200 today, and make $0.01. (yay!). Same thing, wealth created. I grow 1 acre of grass cut it, bail it, and sell 3 bails @$50 each for $150. It only cost me a few hours of labor, and I created $150 of wealth. This is how it works. Now, please tell me how free health care works, free phones, free food, free housing. That only works when someone from gov’t approaches me at gun point with the threat of jail time and takes half my money, and calls it “legal”. Then gives it to someone who REFUSES to work, to produce wealth for themselves, for the promise of a vote to keep the robber in power. People, like Iyajenkei, even use the free-market-create-wealth-yourself method to make money using the stolen goods from the gov’t, like food stamps. Incredible! Since it’s obvious that the same people use the free market system with their “gov’t winnings”, than it SHOULD be obvious that they are consciously aware of their own self-dishonesty. I think high schools graduating 70% people who CAN’T read might have something to do with the “it’s ok to steal and lie” mentality, too. Not to mention the rewriting of history they teach there, robbing students of opportunity.
That’s what get’s under my skin. People who think they’re getting ahead by “beating the system”, are stealing from themselves, and people who get on here and start telling everyone they ought to pay for other’s whatever are stealing opportunity. There is still enormous opportunity for anyone, everyone to succeed and gain wealth honestly. I want everyone to succeed, everyone to enjoy what genuine opportunity offers.

Pip compounder I do not like welfare programs, not a cent for anyone. If I make money I should get to keep it. ALL of it. No matter how I make that money. Every man for himself. If someone can’t keep up that’s on them. I was making a joke about how liberals are so against religions but then pass legislation based on morals. Morals aren’t innate. At least I don’t think they are. If there is a such thing as morals they came from somewhere. I just think its contradictory lol. It pisses me off even more when I’m able to buy foodstamps for half price. I’m paying those tax dollars. And what happens when I go try to get them? When my wife isn’t able to work due to pregnancy complications? I make too much. I’m sorry sir you just work to much to get assistance. You’ve managed your money too well to qualify. I guess I’m supposed to sell my rent house? So you are damn right ill take advantage of the system every chance I get. Lazy ass people who extend their unemployment as long as possible when I look in the paper DAILY and see jobs, jobs, jobs. Like its so damn hard to make a buck. Mow a yard, trim a tree, or buy and sell on eBay.

Just read your post again pipcompounder. The first time I thought you were criticizing me for taking advantage of the system. Now I’m not sure lol.

[QUOTE=“IyaJenkei;483999”]. Morals aren’t innate. At least I don’t think they are. If there is a such thing as morals they came from somewhere. I just think its contradictory lol. I.[/QUOTE]

Where did morals come from then if they are not innate…

[QUOTE=“ILovePizzaMore;484002”]

Where did morals come from then if they are not innate…[/QUOTE]

Well I don’t think they exist. But if they do. Aliens or god whoever created life.

Although I don’t disbelieve in god. Just not enough proof either way. All religions or no religion requires a lot of faith in my opinion.

[QUOTE=“IyaJenkei;484004”]

Well I don’t think they exist. But if they do. Aliens or god whoever created life.

Although I don’t disbelieve in god. Just not enough proof either way. All religions or no religion requires a lot of faith in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Well only several possible options… Either their is a God and he created man with the innate sense of morality. Or he created Man and explicitly gave a set of morals that had to have been taught at some point and then passed down from generation to generation.

It becomes even trickier if you are an atheist, because then where did “morals” originate from to begin with… If its not innate, then at what point would the idea and concept originate and where did it even come from? Which leads us back to it having to be an innate concept.

Well these days, the money for all this comes from this guy. If it weren’t for Ben B, the financial crisis would have long since forced our politicians to deal with the country’s unsustainable deficits. As it stands, Republicans and Democrats continue to cling to their ideologies and kick the can down the road, debt-to-GDP ratios spiral higher, yet nothing “breaks” and they still get re-elected. This is the supreme moral hazard. Easy money is the “root of all evil”.

(sorry, I know we’ve all heard this argument until we’re deaf in the ear, just couldn’t resist posting this pic! I wonder what the Japanese version looks like…)

@pipcompunder The only things certain in life are death and taxes. You don’t want to have to fight off marauding gangs of opportunistic rapists from your family’s doorstep?! well, that will cost you a certain percentage of that lumber you’re hauling up and down a maintained road and bridge to the mill. That’s the cost of living in a “civilized society”.

[QUOTE=“konan;484028”]@pipcompunder The only things certain in life are death and taxes. You don’t want to have to fight off marauding gangs of opportunistic rapists from your family’s doorstep?![/QUOTE]

This is what guns are for…

Sure. Still, between living in a Wild West sort of society and the one where I don’t have to fear death every day but have to pay 40% of everything I make…I’ll take the latter.

That’s gross! Is your mind in the gutter, always? How is rape related to honest opportunity of finiancial success?

There are constitutional provisions for law enforcement, and I’m fine with that because it’s within the confines of the Constitution. And yes, the 2nd amendment helps a lot, too.

Iyjankei-Not really critizing you, just using your example to point out the inevitablility of the free market. :smiley: I think we agree on most things, except God as the creator of unalieanable rights: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

I agree Ben is printing money “out of thin air”, which is stealing, btw. Just wait for those interest rates-I think this is being done on purpose to set us up for a giant fall, just like the housing bubble was a purposely setup for a relatively smaller collapse.

[QUOTE=“konan;484039”]

Sure. Still, between living in a Wild West sort of society and the one where I don’t have to fear death every day but have to pay 40% of everything I make…I’ll take the latter.[/QUOTE]

Um whose living in fear… Owning a gun has the exact opposite affect of that. You are the one mentioning fighting of bands off marauders.

I much rather buy a $500 gun and live with the peace of mind that it brings then pay 40% of my annual income if that what it boils down to.