The Cowabunga System

Yes it will. From observation of the blog, so far this year, the notes tend to focus on direction of the stochs, which in this case were both pointing down, rather than on whether they’re oversold - another area of discretion which caters for the spectrum of risk appetite out there…trade #2 on the near horizon perhaps…

I have tried to apply the EA to my interbank MT4 platform and i keep getting this message:

Expert Cowabunga GBPUSDm,M15: loaded successfully
Expert ‘Cowabunga’ is an indicator and cannot be executed
Expert Cowabunga GBPUSDm,M15: removed

But all other EA and customs indicators works perfectly well.
Please i will appreciate it if someone can help me out.

Trade #1 today, a long for +19.

If you describe the steps you took to load it I will see if I can be of help

Thanks chowclown. This is going through a heck of a good run at the moment.

Hi tonymand, yes straying away from the longer term win rate, great for making hay before the inevitable pullback to normality :slight_smile:

Cowabunga defeated the almighty GBP/JPY flawless victory. This is the best and simplest trading strategy I have ever come accross. Thanks to babypips pipsology and Big Pippin. Cowabunga has consistently defeated the almighty GBP/JPY… It gives me atleast 100 pips daily as long as it moves, checkout yesterdays trade 240 pips stressfree.

I will appreciate it if someone can come out with a very good indicator and EA for (GBP/JPY) this program because It is really not interesting waiting for the entry signal but very cool riding on the trend till the exit.

The indicator here is not displaying the arrows correctly on my GBP/USD chart… I don’t know whats wrong.
I unzipped the file into the C:\programfiles\MT4\expert\indicators
someone should pls help

I know this is a dumb question, but I looked a long time before asking.
Where can I download the Cowabunga EA?
Thanks

unzip the file to your desktop, copy the two files and paste in the folder:
c:\programfiles\MT4\expert\indicators
restart your MT4 platform and you will get it under customs indicators

Enjoy
:D:p:eek:

Cowabunga.zip (11.1 KB)

Thanks for highlighting your experience with GBP/JPY. I guess it will work well with most of the ‘trendier’ pairs/crosses. Food for thought, as I have been trading this just on Cable.

Good trading.

GBP/USD and GBP/JPY lining up for a long - just need to wait for the current period’s close, to make sure the signals stick.

Edit: GBP/USD would be my preference this time. Suits (my) money mngt better than what’s potentially offered by GBP/JPY (this time)…notice the price action on GBP/JPY, looks more like a 123 pattern now on the 15min, the current candle may close as a ‘Pin’ - don’t like it so will leave GBP/JPY alone this time for a more bullish setup…as I type, GBP/USD has turned more bearish and there’s no ema cross upside, so time to sit aside and wait patiently for the next one.

Hi tegasite,

As this is my first post you will have to have perhaps more patience than usual! I am so happy you made pips on your long position, however, was not the 4hour trend still down as indicated by the red “cowabunga” line? I thought the trend had to be up on the 4hour before going long? Have I got this all wrong? Anyway, it was a great result! Congrats!

Short now on both Cable and GBP/JPY.

I agree. Only fly in the ointment is poss divergence in MACD, especially cable.

At this point the cowabunga indicator does not work for me so I have been trading cowabunga mechanically:D
I forgot to post the H4 chart but i will do that with subsequent post that can be found on this thread:
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/6736-almighty-gbp-jpy-versus-cowabunga-system.html

If you study the H4 chart you will observe an uptrend at that time… you dont want to go aginst the main trend:eek:

I had my trade open since yesterday but have not exit the trade yet but will make a post when done at the thread:
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/6736-almighty-gbp-jpy-versus-cowabunga-system.html

watch out for lots of pips:rolleyes:

Short USD/JPY

Profit taken on GBP/JPY at trendline - still forward testing that pair.

Interesting Cowclown and Cabletrader with the use of other pairs. Are you still using the 4H for general direction only

I am taking my profit on GBP/JPY at the support line 229.46 otherwise ride down to 228.40… still glued to my computer;)