The Cowabunga System

Nice one. :cool: …can’t see how you got in at 385 though. My price didn’t touch 385 after the cowa signal…may be you got in before the MAs crossed on close…ie you saw the MAs crossing during the candle/bar and entered early…whatever, horses for courses and the trade was a good’un for you.

Good luck for the rest of the day.

Which charting/feed do you use?..i got to wait until 1pm (UK) for my 4hr to tick to the next candle (to see if the MAs close crossed short).

Just a gamble now. Entered short.
just now we have a cross.

I am playing with 15min metra trader.

Closing trade :slight_smile: news to come soon. made another 10 15 pips :smiley:
2.0388 to 2.0370 :slight_smile:

Hey JAG!

Could you please tell me when are news coming? Every day at the same time? Please…anything about the news and time.

Thank you.

AK

Look on babypips under tools

this is my timings. which is +4 gmt.
so all news are suppose to come at 1230 gmt time.
30 min more to go. guys packup :smiley: big wave expected :smiley: many news at one time.

4:30pm USD Trade Balance -58.8B -59.2B
4:30pm USD Import Price Index m/m 1.0% -0.3%
4:30pm USD Unemployment Claims 315K 317K
6:30pm USD Crude Oil Inventories 1.2M
6:45pm USD Fed Governor Kroszner Speaks

Hi Tony.
Arey trading for this news ? if so which direction ?
sl and tp ?

Hi Jag, no wasnt looking for a trade. None of these things have moved the market in recent months

Thanks [B]Cowaboi[/B], for confirming it is FXCM.

Much appreciated,

Pipalot

…better day for trading the IB strat on GBP/USD today…too much lag on cowabunga during ranging days for my liking…pays 'ya money, takes 'ya choice. :slight_smile:

…another great start to the day with cowabunga :slight_smile:

…and the pullback using the IB strat…nice combo to trade.

Did anyone ever figure out why the MACD histogram looks different in MetaTrader 4? I have heard that others have found this problem too.

I have it set as Fast EMA 12, Slow EMA 26, MACD SMA 9 (same as cowabunga) but in MT4 it just looks different than in all other charting packages.

Thanks for any info.
?

Best regards,
Pipalot

I have found the problem and part of the solution:

There appears to be a problem with the MACD shipped as standard in MT4 and the iMACD() function which is called in the Cowabunga MT4 Indicator.

Solution regarding the indicator: (MACD displays wrong in MT4), various people have re-written the MACD indicator and I have downloaded them and found that they work fine and match the MACD in Pip Surfer’s Charts (and all other charting software).

I can post a corrected MACD indicator if anyone wants one.

The remaining problem is that the Cowabunga MT4 Indicator (kindly written by ybop01) uses the iMACD() function, which seems to have the same problem as the standard MACD indicator that is shipped with MT4.

In my opinion, this explains why I find that ybop01’s custom indicator doesn’t always find the same buy/sell signals as those given in Pip Surfer’s daily reports (because it is using a bad iMACD function - rather than solely because data feeds differ slightly from broker to broker).

Has anyone else been having this problem with MACD and the Cowabunga MT4 Indicator?

And… has anyone found a solution to iMACD, if so, what a hero you are and please let me know.

ybop01 you haven’t posted for many months, are you still watching?

Thanks,
Pipalot

Hmm i dont know to post here or not.

but i am in a bit of trouble. Before closing the day on firday i left my entry short open for 2.0323 GBP/USD.

Now its going to open on sunday and i have no idea where it will go. Before it was berish trend i was confiden that i will go down and i will atleast make few pips. Now it has changed to Bullish. I dont want o close on loss :frowning:

Before i day close i had put for tp of 2.0250. Now i dont know is it gud idea to put it for 2.0300. People what do you say ?

what really happens if i keep it open for another 4 or 5 days. some day it will come down ? Please advise.

Yes please Pipalot!

Houmous

OK, after much research, here is the answer:

You don’t really need my attached updated MACD indicators because I have now found out that the MACD Histogram is already available in MT4 as the custom indicator called OsMA (shipped with MT4). They obviously wanted it in a separate file for some reason. Please note that the indicator that they call MACD somewhat confusingly shows the first MACD line as a histogram (rather than a line) and omits the real histogram.

You don’t need the two MACD lines for Cowabunga just the MACD Histogram but if you want to insist on displaying all 3 in one place then here are some custom indicators giving them all combined:

MACDcorrect.MT4 for 2 the MACD lines plus histogram. This one is strictly accurate.

MACD1.MT4 (zipped) same as above but with elongated histogram to make it more readable.

I have also amended the cowabunga indicator written originally by ybop01. It wrongly used the iMACD function instead of the iOsMA function and thus seemed to miss some obvious cowabunga signals to trade. Filename COWABUNGA2.MT4 (zipped).

For anyone who remembers, MACD is composed of 3 things: the first should be a line representing the difference between two moving averages (periods 12 and 26 EMA for cowabunga) in MT4’s standard MACD indicator this is confusingly displayed as a histogram, most people expect to see it as a line. The second is another slower line representing the 9 period SMA of the first line (shown correctly as a line in MT4’s MACD). Thirdly is a histogram representing the difference of the first two lines (not shown at all in MT4’s MACD indicator, you must use the OsMA indicator to see it).

I hope that clears this all up.

I would be glad of some feedback from anyone. Particularly anyone who has tried the original Cowabunga indicator and upgrades to this new version. There may still be improvements that can be made, it looks pretty accurate to me now, but it would be nice to hear your results (don’t sue me if you lose!!!)

Happy trading.

Regards,

Pipalot

MACDcorrect.zip (1.02 KB)

MACD 1.zip (1.02 KB)

Cowabunga2.zip (2.28 KB)

Thanks for all your work on this pipalot. I thought I understood the reason for the different MACD on MT4 but clearly I didnt. As you say the OsMA function gives a reading the same as other packages. So nice to have that cleared up