The Cowabunga System

No worries - newbies learning Cowabunga are constantly getting conflicting posts on what warrants a legitimate Cowabunga entry/exit. The rules laid down by Pip Surfer should be followed to the letter, in order to stand any chance of consistently replicating the performance and maintaining the expectancy of the method.

I would be grateful for some help, I use metatrader and the indicator here from the forum. The 4h signal did not shift to “sell only” as it should have done yesterday, although I could see that it should of easily enough. Did anyone else experience this and is this something which can be easily rectified.

Also I have the MACD problem many have mentioned which means the MACD looks completely different in Metatrader, did anyone have a solution to this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

…after a quiet spell, cowabunga has offered two short signals today so far. One for -24, the other for +33. I took everything out of the second short after the 10:30 bar close; a doji printed and failed to convincingly break through the 2.0300 target level - this is a discretionary element within the method and others may have ‘skinned the cat’ differently.

…just as an aside, coupling Captain Currency’s 3Ducks multi timeframe view of GBP/USD offers an interesting cross reference for cowabunga signals.

The 2 cowabunga shorts this morning were not supported by the 4hr 3Ducks chart, price had yet to close below the 4hr ma at that time. With the 4hr bar shift to the next period, price closed below the 4hr 60ma and we are waiting for the 3Ducks 5min to pull back and trigger a short…will be interesting to see if cowabunga signals around the same time…often does.

…2 long entry chances so far this session. A good start to the day.

Trade 2 is pretty much the same as the one I took using the 3 ducks strategy. Could also have been entered using James IB/OB set up. Interesting how often these things seem to come together

Hello,

today I entered long trade at 2.0425 as I think it was a Cowabunga signal. I put my stop at 2.0397 which was the recent low. My trade is still running (for at leat 5 hours now).

My question is did anyone else did the same as I did, since there is an info on other tread that this pair is going down.

It is my first real try on this system so please if you comment my long trade decision.

Thank you.

AK

Yes, a valid long cowabunga there - which should now be closed. A loss, but Pip Surfer’s rules keep us on track through each trade. A very nice long trade earlier today. Hope you caught it.

Thank you for your answer.

You say I should close it?! But why? Isnt my my stop placed correct? It still gives me alot of space to stay in the trade?

The second thing. I got a new signal few minutes ago. I went long at 2.0419. And I put my stop at 2.0404.

So my first trade is still on and now I have a second one running.

Thank you again for your comment and help.

AK

I should use quote. Next time. Read my post under this one. TY.

AK

UPDATE
Few minutes later I see my both trades positive. :))

Hi,

Does anybody know which broker Pip Surfer uses (I know he uses Xtick software so is the broker FXCM?)

The reason I ask is that I have noticed that charts are slightly different depending on which broker is providing the data feed. The candles in my charts are never an exact match to those on Pip Surfers charts in his daily reports.

I know that Pip Surfer uses X-tick software. I am using a couple of different charting packages with a couple of different brokers (including MT4 with Alpari) but I am willing to get Xtick if I can find out which broker Pip Surfer uses.

Ideally I want to replicate the exact charts that Pip Surfer shows in his daily updates.

Thanks for any help,

Pipalot

Hi VonSmeid, Pip Surfer closes all open trades at 4pm ET.

It’s FXCM.

On the verge of trend change to shorts on the 4hr…and data later to add a bit of froth.

Good luck.

…well, we’ve just had a long signal (the 4hr MAs haven’t signalled short yet), but i don’t like the R:R on this one so close to the overhead 4hr resistance line - will wait to see if it can clear, if it does i’ll hop on long with the next signal.

…could be a 5min ‘Wolf Wave’ playing out at the moment:

Hmm i entered for long. But dont plan to stay for more time.
Cowabunga signaled for long.
Lets see

// exited now. hovering around same place. though made some 20 pips.

…nice trade. Would you mind posting your chart with the entry/exit - can’t see a 20 pip profit from that cowabunga entry on my chart :confused: Unless you’re using different exit rules to cowabunga?

No man i just saw the cowabunga singnal. And exited. 2.0385 and exited at 2.0405 ! at 10clock.

Ijust didnt feel strong bullish trend. so i just exited.

15 min chart and 4 hr chart seems to crossing shortly. ! Best of luck.
Lets see for any valid entry :slight_smile: Fingers crossed.