The Cowabunga System

Hi there yesherapsal,

I read through the Cowabunga system MT4 indicator thread the other day. The files that you seek are attached to post#85 of that thread. As far as I can tell, that is the latest version.
I am currently building a different version of the Cowabunga system indicator. It may take a while because I am learning how to code in MT4 as I go, but as soon as I get it finished I will post it in the thread previously mentioned.

Happy trading, :slight_smile:
Shane

I really thought this would be simple. Maybe it is, but my oatmeal brain just can’t get around it. See, the Cowabunga system is traded by Pipsurfer starting at midnight est and he sometimes has trades open until 4:00 pm. That’s 11:00 pm to 3:00 pm central time for me. Rather than stare at the computer screen, I really would like to get some sleep while waiting for the 5/10 ema crossover on the 15" chart. And I could, if I just find the right indicator.I have tried. I have searched four major forums. I have found about 200 ma cross signals/alerts. I can get arrows on the chart telling me a crossover has occurred, but when it comes to an alert, here is what I have found: ema cross indicators that “ding” once and then stop or ema cross indicators that have four pages of instructions I can’t understand. One “ding” usually doesn’t wake me up and I can’t use what I can’t understand. Here is what I would love to find: an ema cross indicator, preferably with variable inputs, but I will be using 5 and 10, anyway. Simple. But, this must be the catch explaining why I haven’t found one. I would like for it to start dinging once the cross is made and NOT STOP until I click “Okay” on the alert pop-up box.Is this difficult? Can someone please tell me where I might find something like this or how much it would cost to have it programmed? Thanks for your help.

Might be easier to move to Western Australia!
Seriously use alertfx to send an SMS to your mobile and set your mobile with whatever ritzy tune you would like to wake to

Tony, I considered the Australia idea, but the wife and dogs voted no, so it would have been 4 to 1. I had read the alertfx idea and had set it up a few days ago. It has been working, but I have to see what my plan is charging for text messages. The first day I tried it, got more than 20 messages as the ema’s spent time being chummy. Also, it only gives me a single ring when I receive a text message, but I at least changed that to something louder and longer. For now, I am turning it on when I go to bed and off when I get up. I would still like to find an indicator that just rings until I get up and turn it off. Interestingly, that’s the way price alerts work on the mt platform. Thanks for the help and will be using the suggestions unless something better comes along. Can’t program myself, but, again, is this something really hard to do?

Ha Ha good point!
You can set alertfx to send the signal only once which is what I do then reset it if necessary. Hope you find a better solution

This system is surprsing similar to my system. But I dont see its consistency for a profit. Maybe 30 pips on a good day and thats throughout the day. Can someone tell me what they really average on a good day.

I think you need to watch the Cowabunga system videos. he averages wellover 30pips a day. Lets say he makes 4 trades in an 8 hr period. 4trades x 30pips = 120 pips for the day.

He also loses too. However he is making a nice living trading this system so it must work.

Last week was pretty bad, but over all, the system is solid.

What should I do according cowabunga if shortly after I place my trade, some of the indicators change and no longer justify entering this trade? :confused:
Should I close it immediately or let it continue and stick to my SL+TP goals set in this trade?

you should stick with the original goal.

As a newbie, I just started reading this thread and am having trouble with the MT4 indicator from the .zip file. I thought the 4 hr trend was supposed to show up on the 15 min chart, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I didn’t want to try and read through all the posts if someone had an answer or link to one. Thanks.

what problem you have with the indicator?

The only thing I noticed was there was no 4 hr indicator nor the trend arrows that I thought were supposed to show. I do get alerts when the setup is there so I was just wondering about the rest.

Right now I have the indicator set up but the sound alert never sounds when the arrow shows on the graph.
I read the entire thread but I haven’t found the answer so can somebody help me or point me to an answer I missed in the thread than.

I use IBFX MT4 and am currently using v2.

Thank You~

Do you have the MT software minimized? I know I miss the sound alerts when mine is.

I have had a rough summer trading so I decided that the last 10 days of August would be devoted to looking for a different strategy. Although way below the goal of the Cowabunga strat I averaged 13 pips/day for the 4 US trading days this past week. I feel focusing on one pr. is smart. I suspect other prs are possible but for now my focus is on increasing the number of pips per trade. A pretty straightforward strat that I hope will be a plus to the margin acct. Thanks to all of the contributors. d.

Hi, I have finally managed to load V2 onto the system. I just want to double check if i am doing something wrong.When I get a down trend, Parab. SAR seems to disagree as well as the market. Can anyone advise?
Many Thanks

Did the cowabunga system die?? Or did it not work too well? I have not seen anyone post in a while

Cowabunga usually posts in a timely fashion. His system, although flawed because he trades in the pre London session, does not eke out enough pips for my taste. However, he is persistant.

Does this really work? Reason I ask is because it keeps changing. If it worked, you wouldn’t have to change. That’s just logical. Does anybody make money with this on a consistent basis?