The Cowabunga System

Click the F1 button when the MT platform is open. There are help topics how to put the different files on the right place.

Optional check the official mql community. There are also good resources available.

How much time do you spend in front of the monitor? Since you say ‘… a signal may come any time…’ …

do not go live trust me you will be sorry

HiI would like to ask you something please.
How many pips do I need to make to have that kind of title in this forum?

Where/How do I get the latest cowabunga indicator? I see the one posted by ybop01 on 2-14-2007. Is that the one to use?

sounds like a good system to me!

I dont know the answer to your question, but you have brought onr to my attention…

What is the difference?

Hello everyone,

I’ve been reading through this thread - not all 120 pages though as its a huge under taking. With that being said, I’ve noticed there have been a few updates scatered through out the thread on this system. As someone who is new to this system, its extremly difficult to find the most up to date EA / Templates, you literaly need to go through every page.

IS there any chance the first post can be updated with the most up to date version?

And is anyone able to point me to the post that contains the working MACD (apparently the original that comes with MT4 and the indicators available from this thread are not working properly)

Cheers

sapper6fd

So today I went through the last 150 days of trading on the Cowabunga system (Blog posts made in the “Pip My System” area of babypips). When I say 150 days of trading, I mean the last 150 posts made on the blog containing the results of the days trading. This is what I found.

[B][U]Please note this is not a total number of trades, rather a break down of all trades made in a calendar day over 150 days [/U][/B]

Gains - 52 days
Losses - 63 days
Break Even - 35 days

Gain Percentage - 42%
Loss Precentage (including break even, lets not forget the spread) - 48%

Loss Percentage (excluding break even) - 34.6%
Break Even percentage - (This excludes the spread, technicaly a loss) - 23.3%

Total pips gained - 2368
Total pips lost (excluding the spread) - 1606

Clearly not the best system, but something that needs to be worked on taking into account support levels, resistance points and so on. This reminds me on the OzFX system that used to be around until it turned out the guy that was posing about it was just trying to make some money off of it (which clearly isnt the case here, just a similar system).

Any ideas on how this can be improved to minimize the losses any further?

I’ve attacheed the spreadsheet I used to calcualte everything so everyone can have a look for them selves.

thanks for your valuable post

Hi every one
I’m new in here and I read this strategy . It’s perfect

I have a question .What are the best pairs for trading with this strategy ?

Thanks

is this still working ?

When I was new, I thought this was one of the best systems. But after reading many threads on different forums, I simply realized that MACD for an entry signal is just not practical in many cases.

The logic is valid though but for this system to work, a long trend is required. I personally do not like a system that uses 4H or 1H as the main TF. It is a waste of time because I can scalp few times in one bar of 1H.

It boils down to the person’s trading style. Some like to scalp, others like swing tradings, etc.

Very good gains with this system for the past 3 days! Up 90 pips

HI,
If in 4h chart the market is in OS or OB zone then what should we do?

Thanks

Two signals today. One right before the 9:30 GBP news and one mid morning. I didnt trade the mid morning signal due to news coming out at 12. If i did i would have only made around 10 pips iirc

Did you take into account news events in those 150 days? Closing/not trading before a news event has saved me a lot of times from having losing trades.

Good month trading this!

Up 9%
Total 177 pips for me

its great sharing this is my first visit to this forum and i hope that this forum will give me great information and wast knowledge
thanks and keep it up

Hey guys,
anybody still trading this system? I just started with my demo account. I didn’t catch any wave yet though. The EMA cross comes rarely in the right direction. Anyways…

Today, I only looked for short trades, due to a clear down trend on my 3H chart.

11:45 (GMT+1) - Crossover for short trade, RSI below 50, Stoch. trending down and MACD just went from positive to negative
This WOULD be a valid entry however I wasn’t at my computer at that time. Sad… I coulda win quite a few pips.

No other crossover came. Still waited for the price to drop a little in the green circle but a crossover didn’t form.

Am I doing this right, kinda? :slight_smile: