The Cowabunga System

I can’t see why did you even BOTHER to do that. It must have taken FOREVER! … You know Pipsurfer keeps his meetpips profile updated, right? lol … :smiley:

Looks like you are doing it right. I trade this strategy and been getting good results. Just wait for a cross over, make sure all of the indicators are correct according to the strategy and enter. Watch out for any news coming out and set your stoplosses/take profit as the guide says

Is this thread dead?

great system i’m using it in my trading tool box, i’m trading it on MT4 any one here trading it on MT4
on my MT4 i have the MACD that replicates the one pip surfer has,

i trade EUR/USD GBP/USD AUD/USD USD/CAD USD/CHF with this system and working fine on all of them

and now testing GBP/JPY results are good but still testing

OK guys want to life back to this thread

i did some modification on the system on the 15M chart and the results untill now is great

Modifications are…

1. get rid of the stoch indicator and replace it with Lagguerre ACS indicator with settings Gama 0.6 MA method 2
  2. change the macd settings to 7,19,7
    3.use RSI or replace it with QQE ADV indicator

the rules will chage a lil bit

for long …

wait untill lag indicator is below 0.15 and then starts to go up
RSI or QQE ADV is heading up or above 50
MACD histo is not negative but should be positive “above 0” or change from negative to positive
EMA cross over at the time all these rules in place

for short trade the vice versa

untill now i figured out that with these new rules it will filter out lot of trades and the main filter tool is Lag indicator
that bcoz when there is signal lag indicator should be either in 0.85 side for short or 0.15 for long if signal happen and lag does not support it with this rule do not enter

i find that a good filter

still trying it out and i will post results

Hi guys,
I’m new in this thread and forex, Good discussion. I’m in the midst of enter trade in 4hourly time frame. Should i go to
lower time frame for price entry? anybody can help me on dz?

Are you using the Cowabunga system?? If u are then yes, u have to drop down to 15 min chart and enter from there.

Hey guys, um new here :smiley: and I have a question too. Anybody has any idea about the Success rate of Cowabunga system?

Ive traded the this strategy on and off on GBP/USD for around 6 months. So far its profitable. Its in profit most months but sometimes you do get a losing month

How profitable is it? 5% per month is not enough to matter, but it is still profitable. so how profitable is it? If you not comfortable giving a percentage, you could give the pip number you make a month…

if i MA5 cross above MA10 and price going to up in H4 period and RSI >50 but stoch was overbought area and not head up. in this time if get long signal in MA15 period. so in this time what so i do can i entry for long or not…

[B]ok…that’s great… i will follow it[/B]

Hey, everyone!
I’m new here and came to gain new knowledge.
Did anybody hear anything about Anna Monti and her forex freebot ? There are a lot of stuff in the web but nothing specific at the same time.
waiting for reply :slight_smile:

This is the important of discussion here to get some biggeest idea from the prifessional trader in all over the world. That is why I want to learn and learn from this forum. I hope it will help us all

hi there.
which forex broker shall I use with cowabunga system.currently I have a live account with etoro.com.but etoro do not have 4 hr chart facility. I opened a demo account with FXCM and OANDA. I am confuse which forex broker to choose to use cowabunga system.
help me please.

Hi Guys,

I’m trying the Cowabunga system whilst in the learning process and have a question about the main trend. And as part of the learning process I’ve written my own little indicator to tell me when all the signals line up to give a valid Cowabunga trade.

In the setup guide PipSurfer explains, with a chart more than the actual text, that the main trend is determined (for down trend), on a 4HR chart as 5ema<10ema, rsi<50 and stoch main < stoch signal.

If this is correct, then why was the trade outlined in “Cowabunga System Daily Update: Monday, 05/16/11” a valid trade when stochastics was clearly heading upwards?

I went long euro

Co0ol… How do you set-up the email on mt4?

Is the macd offered on Oanda fx practice correct for this system?

simple answer please??

kISS

Ok guy’s i have posted a few times to no avail . My query is simple and i ask for an experienced trader to have a look and set me right.

Although not a newbie as such i am new to using the tools such as stoch ,macd ,rsi etc ,which are prevalent on Cowabunga. I am not fully 100% that i have my platform set up correctly according to the limited instructions available. I have also read the whole of this thread and am none the wiser ,in fact i am even a more confused.

Attached is my screenshot from yesterday 20.6.2010 You will notice a cross over on the 12 candle. I was certain this was a legit move to the upside and i looked for a long trade after this as all my indicators suggested so. To my surprise Pip surfer posted his blog stating he was only looking for short trades the whole session. Something is clearly amiss with my understanding or my indicators. I am using Oanda Fx practice with full stoch and macd ,which is not the expo as required.

Can anyone point me right as i will not be able to continue until i know the problem and how to fix it

appreciate any form of reply

P

oops

i posted wrong screen shot

attached is my 4 hour chart showing the cross on the 12 candle