The Cowabunga System

This system of trading is pretty interesting. But as I’m interested in scalping will it suit me?
Thx

I have a question to ask, what if we don’t wana trade the 15 mins chart, and just trade according to 4 hour chart, wait for the signal and enter the market. Can I do this? I meant, Only 4 hour chart. As I wont have time to look through the charts all the time.

Hey everyone I’m a first time poster on Babypips, but I’ve been reading about the Cowabunga system and it seems very interesting. My question is:

When he speaks about setting his target, is this synonymous with his limit order? Thanks!

TK

Hi people / Pipsurfer,

I can see the performance (with tracking) of the system for 2007 and half of 2008, but it seems that in the years after that till now, the performance has not been shared. Also, the update frequency has been greatly reduced so not too sure about the overall performance.

The link to meetpips.com at the FAQ is not valid - maybe this can be fixed?

Anywhere that I can see the performance of the system for 2009 to 2011?

Would be great if you shared it with us Pipsurfer, since you’re already tracking it.

Hello guys.

I see many smart people here, so now i want to ask if maybe somebody can help me add an martingale to an EA i have that in a 2 year backtest only makes 7 losses in a row. It uses EMA,s and pivot points to enter. I searched a long time now and asked many people, but nobody has the nowledge to add this martingale.
Pleas let me know if you can help.

All the best
Bye for now

Gr ray

thank you for these great info, I’ll look over the cowabunga systems

i can user trade system in E/U ?

i don t want trade GU because swing hi to low max

target usually means take profit :slight_smile:

Ofc u can. Anyway the two pairs are correlated, you won’t find much difference :wink:

I have gone through the school and trying to demo trade using the Cowabanga system. It looks like a great system, but I have one question.
When trading with the 15M chart, do you must wait for the EMA cross over in both charts?
Ex 1: Let’s say that the EMAs crossed in the 4HR chart and all the other conditions in the 4HR chart were met.
At this time in 15M chart EMAs were already crossed and the rest of the conditions were also met. Do I trade?

Ex 2: EMAs crossed in the 15M chart and the other conditions were met. EMAs in 4HR chart were crossed way before and the other conditions are met. Do I trade here?

What I noticed when back testing was the EMAs in both charts did not cross at the same time always.I did ask this question in newbie section, but got no replies.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Go with ex #2. You want to see the EMAs above or below each other the 4-hour, then start looking for the EMA cross in the same direction on the 15-minute.

Thanks a lot much appreciated.

Hi BigPippin,
thank you for this simple yet efficient sys. pls i do have a question. if the 4hr chart shows an up trend with the 5EMA still above the 10EMA but RSI and Stochastics are both in over bought areas, do u go ahead and ignore those signals (since the 5 has not crossed under d 10EMA to indicate a change) and confidently look for long trades on the 15min?

Good question, was wondering the same thing…

Hello PipSurfer! I want ask you if you plan in future make also a video blog like it was few years ago, btw you system is so famous, that probably you will beat the turtles :wink:
I got one question, what about optimal trading time is from 1 a.m. until 4.p.m. or or 1 a.m. until 12 noon? Can you please clarify trading time? Thanks

I’m new and have been practicing with this strategy for a few days. I’ve had some good scalping gains (17 pips in an hour or so) and some bad ones (when I’ve not followed every element of this signal).

My question is what do you do when the 15 minute chart is flowing counter to the 4 hour? It seems all day today (since noon pacific) the charts have been flowing counter to the 4 hour chart. My understanding is that I shouldn’t trade it until the 15 matches the 4 hour.

Also, how far back to you check the 4 hour trend? Right now when I’m looking at the 4 hour, on most charts it has an up and down look to it so for the past couple days it may be trending up, but over the last couple weeks it’s trending down. Which trend takes precedence?

As a quick update, I’ve noticed that lately the 1 hour chart seems to be quite accurate. The unfortunate part for me is that I’m rarely at the computer when the trend is changing. For example, EurUsd showed long around 11:00 gmt yesterday and the trend went for about 20 hours for about a 60 pip gain. It then immediately dropped 60+ and this system showed the sell signal. But I was not at my computer either time.

Has this system been put into automation yet?

Hey guys, next to GBPUSD whats another great pair to use the Cowabunger System on? please tell me anyone :51:
please i dont want to have to go through back testing all the pairs :51:

I’m finding it works on most the major pairs on the 1 hour time frame.

So you check 4H and then go down to 1H?
Whats your 2 favourite pairs with this system?

Thanks so much

Hello everyone, I’m interested in only a few days to Cowabunga system and find it very interesting, I read before the tread pipmysistem and I set the indicator manually.
Now I’m reading this from the first page and notice that there are many zip files that contain indicators and templates already made.
it’s possible to have the latest version please?
thanks and sorry for the bad English.

ciao
moreno