The Cowabunga System

[QUOTE=“srhn;540810”]Hello Fxjst It is in testing phase, but I would share it as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, looking forward to it

Sorry i’m late for this thread…
Please someone here tell me What is cowabunga system??
How does it work??

Read the first post ddeeen

Where are the trading rules for this system? I have seen and read most of this thread, which seems to be very unorganized. The person who started this seems to have abandon it, every man for himself doing his own thing it seems like. Maybe that’s why the one who posted their trade results, did so poorly. And with all the thousands of people who have visited this system and made a comment including myself, only 11 likes.

The Cowabunga EA is going to be share soon, but sadly I didn’t receive any suggestion:20: Are there any fans hear for it?:confused:
In any case, until now I have incorporated the followings into it:

[ol]
[li]On chart signal;
[/li][li]Sound alarm;
[/li][li]Email alarm;
[/li][li]Specific time interval for alarm and auto-trading;
[/li][li]Automatic trading;
[/li][li]Works for any pairs.
[/li][/ol]
Still, I’m looking forward for any helpful notes:)

Regards,
SRHN

The problem is people have to try it out before they get ideas on how to improve it. Nothing works perfect the first time, it takes several drafts of re-working to get something working really well.

You will only get feedback once people demo test it and get ideas on it after watching its behaviour in real life.

I think your are right. But, since it is an EA, it is better to share a perfect one than several revised versions which is confusing for visitors. Any way thanks for your point.

Hi srhn,

If it helps, when I work on a new EA I label the different versions with a number system, eg

expert 1-1, expert 1-2, expert 2-1, etc

when the second number changes it implies small changes to the EA, the first number going up implies big changes. That way I can always keep up with the different versions.

Hope that helps in some way.

Hello SRHN

Im interested in your work. I can test it and work with you out any improvements.
Send me your last version per pm?

force199, it is good idea, thanks very much.

Bernardo33, it will be defiantly a valuable help, as soon as possible I will share it.

Yes Its true the baby pips is the most advantage forum and students need little money for their use and they work here for money …because little profit is easy to earn here and we can get good monthly profit here easily

Hello,

I am glad to say that Cowabunga EA first version is ready to release. I have tested and compared its signals with Pip Surfer “Cowabunga System Daily Update” posts, for more than one month. In the following I will describe this EA, which I named it [B]CowaEa.1.1[/B], and procedure.

CowaEa is an expert adviser which is written for MetaTrader 4 to make it easier to notice Cowabunga System signals. It performs calculation at close of every 15m candle and produce signals on that candle. The main features of it are:
  1. It works especially for GBPUSD five digits (e.g. 1.59439). Still it works with any pars.

2. CowaEa works on any time frames but only generate signal according to 4 hour and 15 minute time frames.

3. It display trend direction by blue and red points; blue points appears above candles and indicate 4H down trend and red points are vice versa.

4. If there is a trade opportunity according to Cowabunga System, CowaEa would show buy/sell arrows (in direction of buy/sell) on chart:
    [ul]
    [li]Also, it makes sound alarm and show notification;
    [/li][li]It sends an email for buy/sell;
    [/li][li]It only makes sound alarm and email notification if there is a valid signal within the specific time interval.[/ul]
    [/li]5. CowaEa uses a time interval for alarms and auto trading.

5. There is auto trading option by CowaEa:
    [ul]
    [li]If auto trading was “[B]on[/B]” and a valid signal comes within the time interval and [B]NOT a same[/B] trade was opened [B]by CowaEa before[/B], then it would send a buy/sell order;
    [/li][li]SL would place at high/low of ten past 15m candles and TP at nearest 00 or 50;
    [/li][li]TP or SL just work properly for five digits pairs, pair price must be, for instance, 1.59439;
    [/li][li]It does not close opened position before news or at the end of the time interval;
    [/li][li]I strongly recommend that don’t use auto trading until you are familiar with its function in a demo account and also strategy tester.
    [/li][/ul]

6. In the first run it would generate on chart sign for several previous days:
    [ul]
    [li]The number of days could be adjusted.
    [/li][/ul]

7. It does not incorporate Cowabunga System procedure for news and clean break.

To use it, first of all unzip [B]CowaEa.zip[/B], and then move [B]CowaEa.1.1.mq4[/B] to \experts, after that move [B]MACD_Histogram.mq4[/B] to \experts\indicators. Now you can enjoy it. Also, there is a template file, named [B]Cowabunga.tpl[/B] which you can move it to emplates and use it for checking CowaEa signals. At first run you should adjust its following parameters:
    [ul]
    [li][B]History_Day[/B]= number of day for showing signal in history;
    [/li][li][B]Begin_Time_H[/B]= start time (hour) of the time interval according to your MT4 clock (24 hour format);
    [/li][li][B]Begin_Time_M[/B]= start time (minute) of the time interval according to your MT4 clock;
    [/li][li][B]End_Time_H[/B]= end time (hour) of the time interval according to your MT4 clock (24 hour format);
    [/li][li][B]End_Time_M[/B]= end time (minute) of the time interval according to your MT4 clock. (According to Cowabunga System start time of the time interval is 4:00 GMT and end time of it is 16:00 GMT);
    [/li][li][B]Auto_Trade[/B]= if it was just ‘[B]on[/B]’ then CowaEa would send buy/sell order, if not it would not send buy/sell order.
    [/li][li][B]Lot[/B]= position size for auto trading.
    [/li][/ul]
    Finally, I should mention that it is just first version of CowaEa and might have some bugs or shortage. So your feedback would be very helpful to make it a truthful EA. But I believe it would become an efficient tool for you in your trading toolbox some day. Therefore, in advance, if it becomes profitable for you, please donate just $10 to charity on behalf of all contributors to this system.

Best regards,
SRHN
http://forums.babypips.com/members/srhn.html

thank you for sharing the EA. I have test it on different time frames 15 5 1m on different pairs over 3 month (Yeah even the 1min gave the best winner!). Still there was only small loss, no win. Maybe I did not right configure the time. What I need to set up for London time zone?

You said “SL would place at high/low of ten past 15m candles” this may set a too large SL. A option to limit the SL by pips would be nice.

I hope it be helpful. To set the time interval you should add time difference between your MT4 clock and GMT to 4:00 and 16:00 as start and end of the time interval, respectively.
It is a good suggestion for SL but I personally believe Cowabunga System is profitable just if you manage trades by yourself and use news and clean break rules.

Please make an example. My computer is London time zone and shows now 9h while the mt4 shows 10h. What i must enter in
Begin_Time_H
End_Time_H

for what is Begin_Time_M, End_Time_M just for minutes of Begin_Time_H End_Time_H ?

I also believe Cowabunga System is profitable just if you manage trades. I discuss here only the EA. And therefore as the test was without considering news and spread the result wasnt so bad. But I believe it can be better. And thats we wont to try, right?

another small point. To avoid misunderstanding with reading can you make the blue points red because red is everywere for downtrend and the uptrend you can make blue or green.

If you use CawaEa today, it only generate one buy signal which was just before the GBP news, I hope you didn’t trade that signal. I had used Pipe Surfer Post to determine time interval boundaries (start and end times). At the following pic of my platform and by regarding that buy signal and time interval boundaries (yellow lines) and number of 15m candles you can easily adjust yours CowaEa time inteval :wink:

Yes, Begin_Time_M and End_Time_M just are minutes of Begin_Time_H and End_Time_H, respectively. for instance, if begin time for some one be 2:30 then Begin_Time_H=2 and Begin_Time_M=30.

Regarding testing of EA, as I mention because of the nearly every day news and clean break, the result is not reliable but I found if we use TP=2*SL, then during long period it would be profitable.

finally, if you want to change points color, you can easily change the color name, in code of CowaEa lines: 134, 142, 272 and 280 ( ObjectSet(name,OBJPROP_COLOR,MediumBlue) ), by standard color name which you can find them in “MQL4 Reference - Standard constants - Web colors”. Also, you can change the size of them at lines:135, 143, 273 and 281 of CowaEa ( ObjectSet(name,OBJPROP_WIDTH,2) ).

be tradeful
SRHN

Another confirmation post from Pip Surfer ( Cowabunga System Daily Update: Tuesday, 10/15/2013 )
Cowabunga System Daily Update: Tuesday, 10/15/2013 | Forex Blog: Pip My System

As he said until 12GMT (8EST) trend was up and after that to the rest of day it was down. the CowaEa trend signals was as same as he mentioned. But take the note that the trend change signal appears on 11:45GMT candle (15m) which as I said CowaEa calculate and draw each candle signals at the closing time of it. So the trend signal of 11:45 candle was calculated and drew at 12:00.
Moreover, the trade signal was as same as his post at 8:15GMT (4:15EST) candle.

Regards,
SRHN

Hi,

Yesterday I have notice a bug in CowaEa.1.1, But fortunately it wasn’t critical. If you used this EA last day you might find out that there wasn’t any real time signs for trend, but if you restart it or change time frame, which result in restarting it, then you would see trend signs and even sell signals at 8:30 and 10:30 GMT !!! finally I have debug this bug easily:)
But, Pipe Surfer last night post (Cowabunga System Daily Update: Tuesday, 10/22/2013 | Forex Blog: Pip My System) indicated that my view of trend recognition was a little wrong.
In my view, after MA crossover in 4h chart there isn’t any trend signals until stochastic exits oversold or overbought.
Still I believe my idea is more reliable. What is your idea? and what new suggestion you have for 1.2 version?

Beast regards,
SRHN

PLEASE make a option in properties to change colour. Im not a programmer and I see the day someone will put occidentally a short instead of a long :51: