The Cowabunga System

Nice and great thread guys…
This system is pretty interesting, i’ll try it and hope it will ripe the fruit…

Here is my cowabunga experience, just to not say i didnt tried it…Although the system is interesting, i dont know how well it will hold out in the long term,since in short term looks amazing,but after that…

Hi !

I would like to ask for this system, are the stochastic settings applied to high/low or open/close in MT4 ?

Thanks !

Yes all is set as it is specified by BigPippin in the first post.Although instead of STOPLOSS (which i find very mechanical and unflexible) i closed the positions at the reverse signals.But still everything is programmed as it is in the system.The test was done on M15 i didnt tested the H4 version of it.

Ok let me edit it a bit and fix the bugs and then i will post it here so that everyone can try it out ok? :slight_smile:

Ok i think it is ready for release.Drum roll I present you the new and updated COWABUNGA EA 1.1.

I have modified it a little bit to suit more the current market, and it think this is the best that the cowabunga system can do.

Changes include:
-Modified exit, exit is now done at the opposite signal
-Trailing stop added, It sets the STOPLOSS in paralel with the Bollinger band indicator , it puts the SL to the upper or lower band,depending on the type of trade, if the distance is higher than the STOPLEVEL then it wont trail stop
-Customizable and TP, if you still want to put a TP despite the exit at opposite signal and the trail stop, you can do it, if not then leave the TP at 9999
-You can use it on any TF you want, but the system was really designed for M15 so it works best on that , but its your choice
-Added a session filter = it only trades from 8am GMT to 9 PM GMT (after 9 generally the volatility is decreasing, not after NY close)
-Added GUI, you can now track the important information directly from the chart screen
-Added martingale system, for those who want to risk everything :smiley: (although you can disable it if you dont want it)

Thats it for now, if you find any bugs or problems whatever notify me and i will correct it.

COWABUNGA EA.zip (8.48 KB)

Please explain the settings. I put it in strategy tester and no order was triggert at all.

[ul]
[li]LOT = lot size, starting with 0.01 which is 1000 units, you must adjust this according to your MM
[/li][li]BROKERDIGITS= how many digits your broker have on normal pairs 5 or 4?
[/li][li]TAKEPROFITPIPS = takeprofit level, although the EA has a trail stop and an emergency exit implemented, if you need additional exit by takeprofit, you can use this, if not leave this at 9999
[/li][li]MARTINGALE_ACTIVATOR = enable this if you want martingale system
[/li][li]MARTINGALE_LEVELS= level of the martingale, currently set at 5 which means it doubles the size losing trade 5 times, so with default 0.01 lot start you will have a maximum of 0.32 lot size risk
[/li][li]MARTINGALE_TYPE= type of the martingale system
[/li][=2]“M”=without quotes, classical martingale, aka doubles lot size at losing trades
[
=2]“P” = without quotes, progressive martingale, doubles lot size until it hits the max level, no matter what is the outcome of the trade, and when it hits it, it starts again from 0.01 lot, and cycles through it again
[=2]“G” =without quotes, smooth growth of the lot, starts with 0.01, and every MARTINGALE_LEVELS-th time it will add a permanent 0.01 lot again to the size, so the lot will grow smoothly with the account balance hopefully
[
=2] “A”=without quotes, anti-martingale, aka doubles the lot size only after profitable trades
[li]GRAPHICAL_USER_INTERFACE = enables additional information about your account and trade which can be seen from the main chart
[/li][li]MAX_SLIPPAGE= maximum slippage of the entry orders (in pips corresponding to your brokers type, default is at 5 which means 5 pips at MM broker and 5 pipette at ECN/STP broker)
[/li][li]MAX_SPREAD= max spread in pips, how much spread you allow to be traded? Again 10 pip for ECN and 1 pip for MM
[/li][/ul]

I have ECN broker which is 5 digit so if you have 4 digit one you should add one 0 to every setting, also the problem i think was with the slippage, since i dont think even the E/U has at least 2 pip slippage , so set that to at least 20 or 2 depending on your brokers digits.

Hi Proximus,

thanks for the EA.

im abit unsure how to use it… does it indicate when to enter a trade? or is this manually done?

thankyou

No the EA is fully automatized, so i dont recommend to use it on Real account until you tested it on demo, i certainly didnt tested this version that much so i cant guarantee anything.I just programmed the original cowabunga system + my special custom exit’s and thats basically this EA. It exits at the opposite signals , it also has a special exit when volatility is very high and a few precautions.But you can also use SL and TP points.Also the EA has automatic trailing stop so i dont know how effective will be your TP, but nonetheless you can configure it as you wish.And please share your results after , so that the others can learn from it, thanks!

thanks for the prompt reply

the trailing stp is working but no entry signals…do i have to install shrn original EA?

cheers again

Do what you want, my EA doesnt have entry signals built into it , it just takes trades when the market setup is correct

Hi Proximus,

Your EA opened a 1st trade for me on EUR/USD, and profit 5 pips.

However, I notice it keep changing the stop loss every sec. Is this normal ? I assume you are changing the trailing stop base on price movement each second.

Is this feasible on a live account ?

Yes it updates the trail stop according to a parabolic SAR.If you plot a PSAR with default setting to your chart you can clearly see the path which the Trail Stop will follow.

I don’t know if you can use it in a live acc, i would not recommend it.I would not try it since i mostly came to a conclusion where the entire cowabunga system (or atleast the M15 version of it, i dont know and not tested the H4 version) is sadly, not working :frowning:
My EA is trying to boost up the system as it can, but i mostly think that since the cowabunga is so old, it is not working anymore on M15, sorry BigPippin :frowning:

I will test the H4 version soon maybe that one is working.But now i`m busy with other projects :slight_smile:

All right , thanks !

very nice thread here…
Thanks so much, it’s helpful…

Cowangu System

Everyone look at this EURUSD indicator level!!!

I got them from fxpremiere group and they work very well EURUSD and USDCHF comdol pairs that work in opposites. So a SELL EURUSD is a BUY USDCHF!!! look at this. …

Sarah - are you affiliated with this group? Or are you simply a trader who has subscribed to the service?

Hi all - have installed the EA and am testing it right now. Can you please confirm if I will get alerts to my phone (I’ve done the test on alerts to phone and am getting the test alert messages), so can you confirm if a buy or sell signal is achieved, that this will alert my phone? Or do I need to do something additional to ensure this happens?

Hiya All,

Im new into forex trading (recently graduated from pipschool) and im currently checking out the cowabunga EA.
I`ve got some experience with automated trading in bitcoins with php scripts, though they take much time to code and have a bad overview overall.
At the moment I cant seem to get the EA to work with the strategy tester.
I just copied all the files into the correct folders but it doesnt do anything, it doesn’t even show a line in my results graph.

Would any care to help me fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Hi BigPippin,
I am a newbie. Thank you for everything you share with us.
I’m following your strategy but I’d like do something by myself and I’d like ask you how you got the right tuning of the indicators. Is there any math or procedure or constant empirical test day by day?
Thank you!