The Cowabunga System

What am i doing wrong?

I loaded the Cowabunga.mq4 on Cable in MT4. Set the timeframe to m15, and only see a blue or red line curving alongside the candles. No triggers or anything else. Where can i find info on this indicator. The CowaBunga method itself is quite clear to me.

bump

Not sure if I have it setup correctly as well. Can anyone shed some light please. Thanks

Glad to see this system still kickinā€™ after 7 years !

Is possible to get a trade history for the last 12 months?

Yes, itā€™s called ā€œBacktestingā€

Ok, this is a very old thread but a system is a system regardless of time. I have just ā€˜backtestedā€™ Jan 2014.

Letā€™s just say that the Ferrari is on hold.

There still seems to be something in the MA crossover concept. But using the H4 as a reference for trend seemed to keep you out of good trades but put you in to bad ones.

Just my observation.

imgur: the simple image sharer

There is an indicator where the RSI is built right into the candlesticks

• do not know if this would make things easier

Hello BigPippin. Love that name by the way. I am writing, because I was reading about the ā€œcowabungaā€ trading method, and I went as far as to downlod the indicator to my MT4 platform. However, I do not understand how it works? Is there some instruction that I am missing Any guidance would be great. Thanks and keep that Pip Hand strong!

I am really going to try this system. It looks interesting to me. I will try this system for a month.

Keep up the good work.

looks great (Y)

hi all,
any veteran to this system around? it just caught my eye that in the start cowabunga system used the single line MACD with histogram for trading, later in April 2007 it changed into double line MACD with histogram, which really is OsMA as histogram for trading, I donā€™t think itā€™s the same. The first indicator single line MACDā€™s histogram is now represented by the blue (fast) line of in the 2 line MACD indicatorā€¦

ve been using it for about a month now. At this point I am up 10%. Lost two three trades and then won two but let them both run (recent slide in the cable). I have Trading View notifications set to send my phone an email when the EMAā€™s cross and then I go to my computer and check for a proper setup. When I am in a trade and say I want to go to bed or need to leave somewhere with limited access I will set a trailing stop 40-50 pips out. So far it has treated me good and I plan to refine the strategy more. A month is hardly enough time however to fully review a strat.
Edit: this trading is on my demo account. I am at work now so I donā€™t have access to logs for hard numbers.

Hi,

I think the Cowabunga system is great and I am looking to experiement with it accross several instruments. However I have one big question,

By the time you see a crossover on the EMA with a 4hr Chart the new trend seems to be invalidated or changed on the 15 min chart working on a intraday basis I am keen on other peoples thoughts on how this can be managed as so often when I get the cross over signal on the 4hr chart, the cross over has either reversed on the 15 min chart or Stochastics in overbought/oversold terrotority or just basically pointing towards an opposite trend than the 4hr displays.

Thoughts??

This system sounds interesting, gonna try it on demo first.

hi SRHN,
Iā€™m new in forex, could you help give me the link newest of this your system cowaEa.zip for me to try it.

Thank so much
Iā€™ve install it and running Alert : error TP and SL
How to fix its ,

Thank

Queep us posted on your results, especially the brokers/platforms you use as I have different results with different brokers.

i am new to fx can i use this system to trade while i get more aquainted to the market

Is their an App for the Cowabunga system?

Can anyone edit the Cowabunga indicator so it sends a push notification from my laptop to the MT4 app on my mobile?

EDIT: Or even just an indicator with an alert with push notification when the two EMAs cross would do as I donā€™t want it taking trades for me.

I have no idea how to install the zip file to my mt4 can anybody please guide me ?