The dark side of trading!

Ok I just realized I also replied to your other thread. Interesting that there are two posts both with graphics. :smiley: And this one is branded.

1 Like

Thaaaaaaaaaanks so much! :star_struck: :blush: :kissing_heart:

Thaaaaanks. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kissing_heart: :innocent:
I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.ā€ :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
-Bill Gates

1 Like

Yes, it was short and useful. Thaaaaanks girl. :slight_smile: :kissing_heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :innocent:

1 Like

A thread called ā€œThe dark side of tradingā€ runs for more than 2 months and still no mention of ICT!

Who would have believed this possible?

1 Like

You explain, please. :slight_smile: Let us all learn more. :pray: :pray: :slight_smile:

ICT is self-appointed Youtube guardian against the manipulators of the forex market. I donā€™t mind this, and he may even be on the right side of the argument - Iā€™ve found his TA to be insightful and relevant, though I havenā€™t been suddenly changed by any secrets revealed.

The people I donā€™t have much time for us are his (self-appointed) apostles.

1 Like

So you mean the YouTube videos? Theyā€™re manipulating what? Shouldnā€™t they be sent?
From YouTube? Or here? Sorry, Iā€™m confused, and I wanna learn the rules. Here or anywhere you know and can make us aware

If you want to know more about whatheā€™s saying you should search on Youtube for ICT. His content on the forex market doesnā€™t impact one way or the other but be prepared to have your ears blasted by someone with a massive chip on his shoulder.

But maybe itā€™s a real chip, I donā€™t know, I donā€™t care.

2 Likes

I think I found it. :slight_smile:
InnerCircleTrader, this?

1 Like

itā€™s possible, i suppose - i donā€™t really care - must admit i find the whole ā€œHuddlestone cultā€ particularly irritating, though: iā€™ve always assumed thatā€™s mostly because i gradually get slightly more irritable and less tolerant over the years, though, so mostly my fault, really

yes, i must admit (though it kind of pains me to admit it) that iā€™ve seen a lot worse ā€¦ really, a lot worse

glad iā€™m not the only one, then

i know some of them are Huddlestone himself, posting in a variety of places under a variety of names (this has been independently proven in the past), and that leaves a pretty bad taste in my mouth, anyway

both shoulders, even

yes

3 Likes

I would add this to a ā€œPros and Consā€ side of trading Forex. The list can be applied to any business these days, and I believe the pandemic proved that. At least 80% of businesses worldwide shut down.

Unfortunately, the same thing can be said for the entertainment industry during the pandemic, and now strikes. In my opinion, Forex trading is a vital part of gaining financial freedom IF you trade with patience, a plan, discipline, and wisdom, versus an emotional ā€œget rich quickā€ mentality.

Those who invest and save wisely from Forex profits ultimately end up with multiple streams of income. It all boils down to the perspective and mentality behind the ā€œWhy?ā€ of each trader.

Happy Trading!

4 Likes

I think one of the darker aspects of trading is market manipulation, often carried out by large financial institutions.

2 Likes

And now the record has been broken :joy:

1 Like

Agreed. That is one of the most frustrating aspect of forex.

1 Like

Have you viewed it recently? I know heā€™s mentioned he was going through mental things many years ago and wasā€¦ angry or a bit crazy.

Is he posting in more places than just YT?

1 Like

Iā€™ve also heard him saying how heā€™s made much much more money from trainig traders than from trading. A very disturbing thing to hear. This was after he was possibly shown to have manipulated his account details to show a non-existent profit and failed to give anything like a convincing explanation.

Heā€™s active on X.

3 Likes

@The_enigma, @Lee-me, I used to think this when I was starting out trading these marketsā€¦ That the Market Makers are trading against meā€¦

They areā€¦ And they arenā€™tā€¦!!

Liquidity Providers (Financial Institutions) move Price up and down across set levels, giving us the volatility that makes these markets profitableā€¦

Older Video but very informative as to how (and why) the Markets are movedā€¦

You need to research Mean Reversion (Fair Value) Strategiesā€¦ Itā€™s not the be all and end all of trading strategiesā€¦ But it will allow you to understand the bigger picture of the Levels, and forces and manipulation that is moving Price Actionā€¦

You just have to learn the conditions when they are likely to manipulate price to a different zoneā€¦

Hope this is of some helpā€¦

4 Likes

Was that recently or like years ago? Heā€™s touched a little bit on his time here, but that was so long ago.