The dark side of trading!

Do Bollinger bands fall into this, or maybe the opposite of mean reversion, since your price is moving away from the mean I guess?

@tommor

Perhaps you might be interested in this interview from earlier in the year.

Don’t know, I only saw clip yesterday which someone else had posted about ICT’s failure using extracts and stills from some of his clips. He admitted phot-shopping account details and said he only did it for a joke but did admit making millions from training, not trading.

Why would I watch this 1-hour+ clip?

1 Like

Just to put a face to the name.

Thanks for the explanation my man @Trendswithbenefits

Wow I just checked his account - he now has 400k followers. That’s crazy.

Seriously. He’s got a cult like following.

It seems that the more complicated people make their strategies, the more interest it attracts. Throw in the occasional video of a $20k or $50k winning trade and people are hooked.

2 Likes

Well, one dark side of trading is the roller coaster of emotions it can put you through. I mean, one minute you’re on top of the world because your stocks are soaring, and the next, you’re practically pulling your hair out as they plummet. So, it’s not just about numbers and profits; it can really mess with your peace of mind.

Confucius once said, “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” So, regardless of how slowly you go, consistency is key in trading aswell.

Yup maybe that’s the formula!

I like this. Can be applied to anything in life!

1 Like

It’s life, you will never find a job without frustrations or make money everyday and not loosing anything, but it’s much more profitable and interesting to trade than to work in an office and sign the same papers everyday fro the rest of your life.

1 Like

I think the dark side of trading is slippage and widening of spreads, its very hard to win when both those are happening.

This emotion can cause you to ignore risk management rules and hold onto losing trades for too long. It is a fact that greed blind traders to warning signs and rational decision-making, and end up losing all the money in their accounts. I recommend you watch YouTube videos , there are many useful videos there.

The challenges in trading, often referred to as the “dark side,” include the substantial risks involved. Traders face the potential for financial losses, and the unpredictable nature of the markets can lead to emotional stress.

Yep, agreed. I’d also add that nowadays financial institutions make endeavors to manipulate the market more and more often. So, unsurprisingly many traders around the globe go broke, as foreseeing price movements is getting harder. Or at least it’s just my personal perception, idk.
Anyway, staying alert and appealing to rational thinking is the best method we can undertake to bear through difficulties…

that thing is true to the core

Trading can be risky, and you might lose money. It’s important to know the challenges and uncertainties.

The tough part of trading is dealing with emotions like fear and greed, which can lead to risky decisions. Learning to control emotions and manage risks is key for traders like us.

1 Like