The finest in trend trading

I think there’s one potential loss on the chart that you missed:

However, there’s also a beautiful winner right before the squeeze, so it evens out. :slight_smile:

Yup, I am in the slightly bewildered camp. Been following this thread from day one: when morning rolls around and I see 8 new pages of posts I know tymen has returned with new material and I get so excited :slight_smile: But now I am having trouble connecting what we are doing now to the previous portions of the thread. Seems like we are starting to trade in both directions without taking into consideration the dominant trend or key levels of s/r that price may be approaching.

I know the lessons aren’t complete yet, but that’s where my head is at right now…

Still looking forward to waking up tomorrow and seeing 8 pages of new posts :slight_smile:

Hey guys, just chiming in real quick. I took all of Tymen’s teaching posts over the last 6 pages and formatted them into a quickie PDF that summarizes what he’s covered so far with the modified CBL entries for the Bollinger DNA Method. All the text and chart examples are completely intact.

This is by no means a finished instructional e-book. Obviously Tymen has a good bit more to share. I’ve done this only so those of us who have been following along needn’t keep going back over the last 60+ posts, jumping from page to page and trying to make sure we have it all down.

Hopefully this will be a nice reference to add to our collection as Tymen continues and we eventually get a fancy finished PDF of the entire course.

Feel free to download and print out a copy for yourself. :slight_smile:

John (Merchantprince)

“Nobody can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it.”

Bollinger DNA method.pdf (454 KB)

merchantprince -

You saved my day as I was about to agree with pkmurphys. 60 days and over 2000 posts has made this a little disjointed for this 72 year old. The old winter quarter system at the U. of Minn. started around Jan. 4-5-6th, whatever, and finals started around March 10th. I could never celebrate my birthday, the 15th, because of tests. Ah yes, reliving the old days, sorry boys and girls. d.

Great work merchantprince, really saves me a lot of time having all the important stuff in one place.

Much appreciated!

tymen troups at work, Sir thanks Sir :slight_smile:

Thanks Merchantprince,

some holiday study to take with me:)

Many thanks. A nice reference, indeed!

Here’s something I noticed…

The efficient post-bubble retracement trades that we have been introduced to tend to be most efficient during less liquid market hours - according to my observations anyway.

Here is an example of a trade that begun around 16:00 GMT - around the London close.

Notice that price action becomes less and less volatile as times goes on and becomes a very efficient trend.

I have marked the entry (after opposite BB retracts) and the point the mid-BB is hit. Anyone for a wager for the upper-BB being hit?

I notice such efficient price action reasonably often during post-London-close hours.

Just a few q’s on this chart. Maybe someone could help me understand.
From trade 1, you actually hit tp2 (lower bb) much before the point 2 shown.
You have no sure way of telling whether you will be in a bb walk - you simply follow the rules and take profit at the lowerr BB. You would now be looking for a long - the next long would then be a losing entry…??

Trying to absorb and understand.
Thanks.
PardyS

A perfect trade i had follow this evening

Hi, Just wanted to clarify trade 2 in my mind. The extreme candle itself has crossed the mid bb. We then cut it in half - price at the moment is above the tp1 point of the mid bb. So, essentially we will enter if price retraces below the marked blue entry line, and then crosses it upwards.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Thanks
PardyS

At the point where TP 2 was first touched there was no contraction of the opposite BB…actually it looks like it was still in a sausage. Shortly after that the price action continued to go down…starting a new trend down (a bubble). Remember, Tymen cautioned about entering before a contraction started. Contraction is a key signal factor.

1 Like

Good job MerchantPrince. Thanks!

I’m demo trading this system and having great results on 30M, 1H and 4H time frames. It takes a little practice. The best thing about the longer time frames is news doesn’t usually make enough difference to stop out. I’m trying to not let this new system affect my live account trading, but it is some, and for the better. After practicing many hours, it’s hard NOT to see extreme candles and bubblicious set-ups.

Good teaching Tymen. Everything seems very clear so far. The few questions I had were asked and answered by others. I’ll try to hold off on live trading the system, but I’m like a kid at Christmas.

What pairs are you trading this with? Do you find that some pairs are better or more clear than others?

I’ll suggest if anyone has questions on Tymens teachings they can ask them while Tymen is away doing moving chores. I’m sure there is someone in here that can answer to help Tymen out, and we all learn from each other that way.

Normally I only trade majors and comdolls because of the best spreads. I scan through the 30M, 1H and 4H charts looking for bubblicious set-ups. I’m finding a couple or few really good clear ones each day. If it looks odd or questionable, I just don’t take the trade. Like the one Tymen showed where the extreme candle was already at the mid bb. It might be the best trade of the day, but it’s not pretty. I like pretty neat and clean. I really like long bb walks at the end. Very nice.

Demo trading a nice bubble now on the 1H USD/JPY. If you look at it it’s clear as day. Made TP1 and waiting paitently.

I can’t see any pattern to where the good trades show up. They seem to show up in all pairs from time to time. But it only takes a few minutes to flip through the charts and look for set-ups. If price is near the outside bb it might be a set-up forming. If price is in the center it’s not, unless it’s a nice tight squeeze. Your eye gets trained to it pretty fast with practice.

I see an analogy with the multi time frame trade lesson, maybe good thing to see if in other time frames our home chart trade is confirmed and not opposed

good day to all

Quick question on this one:
Since the candle before your extreme candle was NOT bigger you should have included it into your drawing of the CBL, right?

Am i wrong here?