The finest in trend trading

I think to make sure of the BB band contraction, look to the extreme band being walked to turn in as well as the opposite one. On the diagram of lost trade you see the walked band turn in after the later touch of the band, then it headed up. Not sure of this is a rule that can be applied generally, will have to look at a few more samples.

Since most of my trading is short term lower time frame (5 min, 15 min), I always want to get a lay of land in my mind in helping me decide on a trade. 1 hr is probably the most important but I still find that I want to look at the daily and 4 hr.

I dont know if this has been posted, but is there anytime when you wouldnt recommend trading this strategy, like news release or session openings/closing :). FRIDAYS?:p:D!

I am loath to add more indicators to our chart. :frowning: :frowning:

All they do is clutter the system!! :eek:

We are supposed to be naked trading!!

The BB serve as a basis for setting our SR lines - but more in tune with what we are doing now which is developing a high win/loss ratio.

Not on the weekends.

Wait for a clear Monday before starting and finish on Friday, not Saturday.

After all, forex trading, like equities trading, is a gentlemen’s career!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry, I cannot agree with this. :wink:

Have a look at this traditional chart >>>

Notice the complete discrepancy between the BB contraction points.
There is no looking here to see if both BB contract at the same time.

It is a fact that all BB bubbles are basically asymetrical.
Scroll thro any chart on any timeframe and you will see that what I say here is true.

However, there are other methods of ascertaining the exact entry and exit points.
Because I have only just explained the method, I have not yet gone thro all of this yet.
The pressure of me moving also makes my post somewhat disjointed.

But we are making progress - that’s the good thing!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Remember this drawing? >>>

What is involved in the Bollinger band shapes?
If you can see that, then you will understand what is essential to the success of this method. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

EXERCISE

Just a test, to see if you are still on the ball :smiley: :smiley: >>>

Is this a BB bubble or sausage?
Give the reason for your answer. :slight_smile:

My first instinct is that it’s a sausage based on the fact that where you draw your line the lower Boll is [I]not[/I] contracting. If both outer bolls run parallel to each other (and the mid boll), we are undeniably in a sausage.

It is a BB bubble. When the opposite BB contracts, the price action ceases to walk the BB and goes inside toward the middle band…

In order to inhale it must at some time exhale. In order to exhale it must first inhale. That order is what gives it life.

I think it is a bubble because both outer BB were expanding…although not very much. They are almost parallel to each, in which case it would be a sausage. On a larger TF it would probably be part of a sausage.

A bubble because once the PA leaves the extreme BB, it doesn’t go back to hit it again like a sausage would.

The BB bubbles are moving in an uptrend with retracements when the BBs contract but continue the uptrend when they expand?

its a bubble (price action left band to go inwards following contraction of opposite BB) BUT as the angle of the lower band started to stall and reverse a little I would have bailed out b4 the SL was triggered. Does this make sense Tymen?

For those interested, Tymen introduces sausages into the mix on post #1092 on page 110.

EURUSD finally closing the gap from last sunday.

Been a gret day of trading.
7 winning trades for 184 pips. 3 losing trades for 55 pips. 184-55= 129
All of the losers were from getting in too late with me getting stopped out on price action. Had I put the stop back where I should have I would not have gotten stopped out but I am not accustomed to large stops. If I had been paying closer attention I would have gotten in on the proper cbl with tight stop losses.

Tymen I find this very very encouraging. Thank you very much. You are opening up new horizons for me. This is the first time I feel confident in my trading. I am looking at the charts in a whole new light. The BB seem to be the road map for me. Again…Thank You!!!

PTB, which TF are you trading off?

It looks bubblicious to me. The bbs are well formed and smooth. Not all jagged like in a sausage. Nice visible contraction of the opposite band right after the extreme candle. I win the vast majority trading these as bubbles in demo. This entry may have stopped out, but we haven’t learned the method to avoid that yet. I’m assuming there is more coming on this subject.

PTB, yes, we killed today in eurusd :wink: I had that trade on in my live account. Flat now. I don’t hold over weekends due to unlimited gap open risk. Just my style. Sorry Tymen for the distraction.

EURUSD 4 TRADES
GBPUSD 4 TRADES
GBPJPY 1 TRADE
EURJPY 2 TRADES

Just got 16 more from a short of eurusd when it retraced back up to the mid BB.

I almost always time my entry’s from the 5 or 15 min. after I determine which way I want to trade from the 1 hr & 30 min. By using the lower time frames I can have smaller stops. But Tymen said there is the danger of erratic pa with them. I haven’t learned to use multiple lots yet. I’m going to make it a point to do that next week.