The finest in trend trading

OK so you check what the trend direction is on the higher timeframes to trade off the BB extreme bounces on the 5 and 15min TFs? So you don’t trade against the longer term trend?

Right…I do not want to trade against the trend of the l hr & 30 min. I realize there is a lot of up and down motion in the daily & 4 hr. I want to be aware of where they are in relation to the BB…more by way of caution. If I see the daily & 4 hr hugging the outer BB it makes me cautious about trading any further in that direction. I expect the pa to start moving back to the mid at some point, so that is what I’m looking for. [U]I look at the BB as support and resistance…much better than I could ever draw…I think that is what Tymen has been trying to teach us.[/U]
When I see the pa at the outer BB on the 1 hr & 30 min…I salivate. Then I drop down and look for an entry. Seems to be working pretty good.

I’m just wondering how many possible pips you can make trading off the 5m chart. It doesn’t seem like there is very much there to be had with a TP1 position.

PTB, GREAT OBSERVATION!!! I did some quick backtesting using the higher TF bb’s as support and resistance lines, then dropping to my home chart and using Tymen’s system for entries and exits. It greatly increases success. It works well on the higher TF’s that I trade. Don’t worry about the larger stops needed for higher TF’s. Just reduce your trade lot size to keep the same $ of stop value. The advantage is you make far fewer trades and give many less pips spread to the broker. We’ll see what Tymen has to say about this.

My trades today were: 16, 30, 25, 20, 33, 17, 49, 10.

I’m not really looking for the target of the 5 min. The target I’m really looking at is on the higher time frames. I’m using the 5 & 15 for a good entry. I realize and expect the the pa may bounce off and retrace when it hits the opposite BB but my eye is on what I see on the higher time frame charts. So when it does bounce off the bands on the 5 min I’m not worried too much.

My primary trading method has been the Mad Scalper. The problem is that there are just not very many clear signals for an early entry. Many short term trends are only 20-30 pips long, and by the time you get a definite signals by the rules, its too late. I find that using Tymen’s teachings I am able to get in much earlier with a much tighter stop loss. Too often when it would go against me I would get stopped out for a loss, only to have it turn around and go my way again. With Tymen’s method I can see the BB and have confidence that it will probably stop there and turn around. So far I’ve pretty much been trading with the larger time frame trend. With more experience and expertise I expect to trade back and forth as Tymen has shown in his charts. I’m looking forward to more of Tymen refinements and knowledge.

seeing your pips you should read Ruilima’s MMTT system.
Add his BB to M5 and you get a BB trading system at it’s finest with the least cluttering of your charts.
Alpari demo on MMTT system M5, Oanda live 1HR chart with BB watching trend from Tymen and the system is making pips with very small risk. :smiley:
Risk will be in any system unless you are a psychic but then you don’t need any charts.:slight_smile:

PTB, I get the feeling that you aren’t trading bubbles?

Can you please show some charts of today’s trades, so we can get a better idea on how you are doing them?

Thanks!

I sense some serious thread derailment imminent here. I hope posters respect the thread starter and not bring into the discussion other trading strategies; there are already other threads for that, certainly.

Relax MerchantPrince, PTB is obviously using Tymen’s rules to make his trades, I just want to see how he has made his trading decisions.

In answer to Tymen’s earlier exercise, I believe the chart shown is a bubble, because price fails to walk the BB once the opposite BB contracts.

Well, I see using higher TF bb’s as S/R lines to help select trades as a positive suggestion. I see nothing wrong with positive suggestions regarding application of Tymen’s system. Taking off onto “Mad Scalper” is definately a digression though. It could be discussed through PM’s or other threads no problem.

I’m very curious as to what Tymen will have to say about using the higher TF bbs as S/R lines. He may have looked at it already.

I am trading bubbles, although probably not to full extent of the capabilities of this method. I’m very much in the learning stages. Right now I’m primarily incorporating this into the methods I’m already using. It’s obvious Tymen’s method gives many more accurate trades. I’m bullish on Tymen!

I’m short on time right now but will get something posted tomorrow.

I’m very curious as to what Tymen will have to say about using the higher TF bbs as S/R lines. He may have looked at it already.[/QUOTE]

Earlier on in this thread Tymen had us drawing support and resistance lines on different time frames. Just as he has had us using different indicators…only to show us they were not consistent and not always the best answer. I suspect he led us to those tools first so that he could show us how much superior trading naked with only Bollinger Bands were. I suspect this is what he has been leading us to all along and more to come.

To Mr.Tymen1

1st time i post in this thread and I just want to say thank you for all the information you have given because I learn a lot from them. I just have thoughts that i need your opinion on :

With this bubble trading method, lots of trade will give us great profit (no doubt about that), but also lots of them will make us to trade against the prevailing trend. So i thought of a way to implement bubble method and trend trading :

Assume we already caught the trend early by opening 1 selling position. It is a down trend. We use bubble method to handle counter trend PA by using 1 more position. Now we have 2 positions, 1 selling for the trend and 1 buying for the counter trend.

If price continues the direction of counter trend. We use bubble method to take profit for the buying position and if appropriate, open selling position in direction of current trend to increase our profit.

This way, we will not lose much profit when the PA goes opposite with the trend, and we will have more profit if PA goes the same way of the trend.

Can i have everybody opinions on this, especially Mr Tymen 1 ?

And 1 more thing, using 3 EMA and 5 EMA cross pretty much give us the same entry of modified CBL. Can anybody check on that ?

Thanks very much and happy trading :cool:

out of curiosity, is there an indicator for MT4 that will allow me to click on a closed contract, and view the trade on the chart??

pips4living, welcome to the thread. The first strategy you described sounds like a hedging strategy, though it’s a bit hard to understand exactly from a word description only. I’ve tried hedging strategies, as I’m sure others on this thread have, and found they are best at transferring pips to my broker. Try it in demo for an extended period of time and see if you don’t get the same results.

The EMA3 and EMA5 cross, along with just about any other combination of crosses, were around long before I solved my first math problem with a slide rule. All moving average crosses suffer from some combination of one of two problems, excessive whipsaws and lagging indication. Trying to improve one of these problems always makes the other worse. No one has ever solved that problem, but if you do you won’t have to trade, you’ll be famous!

If you read through the whole thread, there is much to think over. These are very advanced subjects. There must be a thousand different directions we could head off into. Just about anything anyone has thought of, Tymen has already tested and discarded for good reason. Everyone here who has been through all of Tymen’s teachings is now sitting on the edge of our seat waiting to see what rabbit he’ll pull out of his hat next. In the meantime, why not try to answer the last question he posted. Is it a sausage, or bubble? And why?

Its a bubble ,when the opposite bb contracts the PA refuse to walk on the BB

Drag the trade out of history onto the chart window.

1 Like

Many Thanks to Tymen1 for his continuing lessons even while moving.

Grats to Ninety9 for mentioning MMTT. If I could Pm you I would, but I need some more
messages apparently…

Red

Excellent tip thank you very much!:slight_smile:

Alright sounds good!:smiley:
Guess you cant ask for more with a system rly, then the only problem is yourself hehe. : )!