The finest in trend trading

The second rule appears to be very illogical until you think about it.

[B]2) After the CBL, the entry signal candle must have a body that is smaller than the body of the extreme candle.[/B]

[B]What!!?[/B] :confused:

This is a ridiculous rule!! :frowning: :frowning:

NO, not really.
Its logic is not obvious.

Remember, we are trying to get entries at the very end of a BB bubble or BB sausage.

When the price action is following a BB walk, the price really breaks out - and jumps by large leaps.
The candles are long, tending to be dominant candles.

But when you come near the top/bottom of such a BB walk, the price action becomes much more undecided, resulting in frequent doji candles.
That is why many a trend top is signalled with an evening star - the small doji or “star” candle is at the very top.

So that is our logic here.

[B]Next post is a schematic diagram of CBL rule 2.[/B]

This schematic diagram shows both the entry rules in action (both long and short cases) >>>

As before, candle number 5 has the close intersecting the CBL.
But the candle 5 body is bigger than the body of extreme candle number 2.
It is, therefore, rejected.

Candle 6 meets both requirements. :slight_smile:
Its close intersects the CBL. (rule 1).
The candle body is smaller than the body of the extreme candle 2. (rule 2).

The entry candle would now be the open of candle 7 (not shown.)

There are 2 other functions we must take into account when setting up a CBL.

1. Entries - when dealing with a suspected BB bubble or sausage, we [U]do not [/U]enter until the opposite BB has contracted.

2. The extreme candle can be found [U]anytime [/U]but is [U]not considered valid [/U] until there is a candle that breaks thro the outer BB.
    Up until this moment, no extreme candle is considered to be valid.

Now that we have the rules, lets consider some real cases!! :slight_smile:

I will use some symbols to show the correct entry candle…>>>

These symbols will make labelling of the charts easier because there is limited space to write on the charts.

OK, now for a real life example >>>

In this BB bubble, you can either enter at point A and desire to exit somewhere near point B.

Or you can enter somewhere near point B and exit at point C (mid BB).
(This trade does not go thro to TP2).

So how do we do this?? :confused:
A stochastic?
A parabolic sar?
A starc band?

Nah!! :stuck_out_tongue:

We use the CBL method!! :smiley:

Next post shows how it works.

Here we have our CBL method in detail >>>

Explanation

Candle 1 is our 1st qualifier to find an extreme candle because it goes thro the outer BB.

Candle 2 is more extreme than candle 1.

Candle 3 is the most extreme of that series - a CBL is set.

Candle 4 has its close lower than the CBL (rule 1).

Candle 5 has its close lower than the CBL (rule 1) plus its body is smaller than candle 3.

However, none of the above qualifies because we have not yet seen an opposite BB contraction!! :smiley:

Candle 6 is the most extreme candle of the series - a CBL is set.

Candle 7, 8 and 10 have their close lower than the CBL (rule 1).

Candle 11 has its close lower than the CBL (rule 1) plus its body is smaller than extreme candle 6.
(The body is smaller being a doji).

We have passed the opposite BB contraction

The red candle following the doji becomes our entry candle.
It is marked E.

So this gives us a great close if you were trading from the beginning from point A and gives us a good entry if you were going to trade from point B.

A look now at another trade, the BB sausage from A to B.

Or you could consider an entry somewhere near B and go thro to C.

Both are OBB price action type trades giving you the most possible pips.

>>>

The CBL in detail >>>

Explanation

Candle 1 is our 1st qualifier to find an extreme candle because it goes thro the outer BB.

Candle 2, 3 and 4 are more extreme candles that qualify for the opposite BB contraction, but their CBL go nowhere - rule 1 is not obeyed anyway.

Candle 5 is no better.
Its CBL is lower than before - you NEVER lower the CBL.

Candle 6 is the most extreme candle of the series - a CBL is set.

Candle 7 has its close lower than the CBL (rule 1).

Candle 8 has its close lower than the CBL (rule 1) plus its body is smaller than candle 6

We have passed the opposite BB contraction.

Candle 9 becomes the entry candle at the open.

Lets have a look at another case, this time in another currency pair >>>

Explanation

Candle 2, 3 and 4 are more extreme candles that qualify for the opposite BB contraction, but their CBL go nowhere - rule 1 is not obeyed anyway.

Candle 5 is the first extreme candle that gives rise to a useful CBL.

Candle 6 has its close lower than the CBL (rule 1) plus its body is smaller than candle 5

We have passed the opposite BB contraction

Candle 7 becomes the entry candle at the open.

Ok now I’m confused!!!

Two points.

First,

On candle 3 (the first potential CBL candidate), you have drawn the CBL at the bottom of that candles wick, which is consistant with what you have taught so far regarding the CBL method. However on candle 6 (the actual CBL candle) your CBL line appears to be drawn from the close of the body and not the lower wick, (difficult to tell as it is a doji).

Second, in post 2315 you explained the 2nd rule in calculating the CBL was “The candle body is smaller than the body of the extreme candle 2. (rule 2).”

So you were comparing the [B][U]body[/U][/B] of both candles. Where as in the diagram above, candle 8’s body is bigger than the body of candle 6. So are you now saying that we should compare the body of the later candle with the body [U][B]and[/B][/U] wicks of the extreme candle?

Some clarification would be much appreciated.:confused:

OK, one more post on this CBL entry method, then a much needed break from all this very tiring work of posting.

Remember this BB sausage? >>>

Boy, what a banger!!

Lets try and work out and exit for that one!!

Here is the CBL logic for that long BB banger!! >>>

Explanation

The candles at 1 do not pass thro the BB and do not start a qualifier.

Candle 2 is a suitable extreme candle and its following candle (blue), passes rule 1 but its body is larger than candle 2 (fails rule 2).

Candle 3 is a suitable extreme candle and its following candle (blue), passes rule 1 but its body is larger than candle 3 (fails rule 2).

Candle 4 is a suitable extreme candle and its following candle (blue), passes rule 1 but its body is larger than candle 4 (fails rule 2).
Nothing can get smaller than a rickshaw man doji. :smiley:

Candle 5 is a suitable extreme candle.

Candle 6 is more extreme than candle 5 but its CBL extension is lower than that of candle 5 - we NEVER lower the CBL and so the CBL extension of candle 5 holds true.

The doji after candle 6 has its close lower than the CBL (rule 1) plus its body is smaller than candle 5 (of course!!).

The entry candle is the yellow candle after the doji.
It is marked E.

It is an excellent exit point if you traded the OBB along the BB sausage and is an excellent entry point for trading short to the mid BB from here on.

No problem!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

This work is so tiring that it caused me to make a slight error.
But it will not affect the entry by much as you will see in the correction.

I will go back and edit the chart (from Microsoft Paint).

However, when I have fixed it, you will find that your post is redundant and you may want to delete it!! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, I am tired. :eek:

Taking a rest. :cool:

Your turn to post!! :smiley: :smiley:

hmmm …

everything looks good to me :slight_smile:
now I have to test

thanks for such detailed explanation :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks Tymen. This was just what I was hoping to see. A lot to study and digest here. I had a feeling we might use a candlestick to confirm entry. I’ve read your previous work :wink:

I’ll probably need lots of study and some demo practice before I can ask intelligent questions.

Tymen, this is absolutely fantastic stuff, I think I’m going to get down to work on these right away!

I just have 1 question, however…

On post #2318, I would like to know how you would enter the trade from A to B. Given that it is an OBB, it is likely going to be hugely profitable!

At point A, the BB’s are in a squeeze and you have parallel outer BB lines, do the CBL rules, which you just outlined, apply to those conditions?

It would be great if you could demonstrate an example of that type of trade as well!

Much appreciated.

Tymen,

Thanks for clearing up my earlier questions, much appreciated. I do have one other question regarding the above diagram.

Why is candle 5 a potential CBL candidate when it has not passed through the upper BB?

Has it got something to do with candles 2,3 & 4 which had passed through the upper BB and therefore “played candle 5 on side” as it were?

Also one last thing. Would it be fair to say that you should look for an opposite BB contraction before even bothering to look for potential CBL entries?

Thanks in advance.

I think you can draw a CBL line on any candle that produces a higher high (in an uptrend) - with or without passing through the BB.

Note #2 I read this as once a previous candle has broken thru the BB, any other higher candle is eligible to be an exteme candle…and you should count your new CBL from that candle.