The finest in trend trading

Thus Tymen’s original question to us, do you want a high W/L trade with low R/R (trading bubbles), or do you want a low W/L trade with high R/R (trading OBB PA suasages). Get it?

Someone replied to Tymen’s question they wanted both. Nothing wrong with that, eh?

I have been looking at my trades from friday in order to post some charts about them. But I realize that they are not exactly following the rules or patterns of bubbles and sausages as outlined here on Tymen’s thread. I have been able to use this knowledge to great advantage along with the system that I have been using. Primarily, the support and resistance aspect of the Bolllinger Bands has shed new light for me. I’ve used the CBL to good advantage also. I do not think it appropriate for me to post charts nor discuss strategies that may detract from what is being taught here. In my excitement I may have done that and I do appoligize to Tymen. My success makes me all the more excited to learn and follow this new knowledge to greatly enhance my trading. I have been trading off and on for about 7 years with spordatic success, only to blow out my account and take a rest for a few months or so.

I do know that fantastic success is possible because about 6 years ago I was able to increase my account by 500% in 6 days before I self-destructed. So this new use of BB is exciting to me. Hey at my age, 68, you gotta enjoy all the excitement you can find. And how well I do remember slide rules and IBM punch cards. I bet you younger generation never knew that slides had rules. :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward with excitement to the future!

Yea Baby! Now all we need are the rules. I just know Tymen has spent a thousand hours or more researching and back testing his rules (probably more). So everyone be really really nice and we’ll hope he will give them to us free of charge, just because we’re so nice. Otherwise, it’s 1000 hours hard labor for us all. My advice, wait for Tymen’s rules. It will be well worth the wait. If you get impatient, study charts, lots of charts.

yep you’re right, I made during all the day manuel backtesting in H1 and M30 can’t find an issue, or I miss something, or I didn’t understand or I need more informations :slight_smile:

cheers

Greg

Sometimes I even get bored studying charts. If you are like me, try spending a little time with this. It shouldn’t hurt.

http://forums.babypips.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9636&d=1258123826

thanks but I will read that later, I need some aspirine after this day

I second that.

I also study live charts when I open my platform in the morning and find I missed the entry, You can see more clearly what is happening when you have no emotions getting in the way.

And when PA is not reaching or near the BB’s is a good time to watch how price is acting, like the Jedi be come one with the PA.

Every Sat. morning I review every trade I made for the week, to see what I did right and what I did wrong, did I follow the rules and what I could have done to make better trades.

John

Hi cordite
sorry, your ref is just to show the types trade as noted by Tymen. Entries are not the subject

Ah, thanks for replying.

I wanted to be sure, as tymen says it’s not for the cbl, but doesn’t say it’s not for any entry.

Good to know I am understanding the system correctly.

whew that was long. But its worth the time. Nice trading systems! I hope I can incorporate it to my trading strategies and make it even better.

Thank you for your post, [B]mkbrooks[/B].

Nice friendly avatar you have there!! :slight_smile:

With regard to your questions, I must point out that this example was only to show the 4 types of price action in existence in the [B]Bollinger DNA method.[/B]

I drew this chart up when I was just beginning to develop this method and I paid no regard to the CBL entries.

You are correct in saying that the spread might eat up our first profit (I cannot clearly see the scale - we might have some pips left :D).

You are correct in saying that the mid BB is lower at the TP1 point thus generating a small loss if we were to exit one contract at the mid BB.

You are correct in saying that the price action would be below our break even point after TP1.

I am not too concerned about these things at this point.
What is more important is that we see [U]the 4 types of price action[/U] and how they are traded.
We look at how they are traded in level BB conditions, BB bubbles, BB sausages and stuff that cannot be classified.

That is why the candles were all made white so that they were in the background.
I could have used a schematic diagram but a real chart is somewhat more realistic.

[B]Now that we have an understanding of the 4 price action types, we will look at the CBL in more detail and set the rules for using it.
In doing so, the charts from now on will be very precise indeed!![/B] :wink: :wink:

Welcome back Tymen. I hope your move went well. I think I speak for everyone when I say we are very happy to see you back and we are very excited about learning the rules to trade this system.

I am now going to set the CBL rules.

But before I do so lets look again at the 4 price action types
(yes, I am a typical school teacher - always revising!! )

The OO (outer to outer) price action below >>>

The OBB (outer to BB walk) price action below >>>

The OM (outer to mid BB) price action below >>>

The RO (retracement to outer - untradeable) price action below >>>

Hi Tymen,

Thanks for your reply, that really clears things up!
I see now that the important point is to understand the various types of PA we want to trade. I’ve spent most of today studying charts and really hammering the characteristics of each trade type into my head :slight_smile:

Looking foward to learning more!

By the way, to those who may not know (and are interested :slight_smile: ), my avatar is in fact a picture of basketball player Scotty Pippin. I’m not a big sports-fan, but I thought his surname was most appropriate. It was a toss-up between him and the hobbit :smiley:

[B]So 3 out of the 4 price action types will generate a profit.[/B] :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The OBB will generate the greatest profits.
These price action types come from entering a [U]level BB[/U], then seeing it develop into a BB bubble or BB sausage. :cool:

Both of these patterns allow a BB walk.
The BB sausage allows the greatest BB walk and therefore, such trade will generate the greatest profits. :slight_smile:

The least profit gainer is the OM price action type where the price action goes only to the mid BB before retracing.
The retracement, if continued becomes useless to us and is, therefore, the 4th RO type of price action.

[B]Now that I have revised this, lets look at the CBL in detail.[/B]

[B]I have not moved yet!![/B] :eek: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Up till now, all I have done is prepared to move while electrical work was done in the new home!!

After this week I will be off air, returning some time after 19th May assuming the telephone company Telstra does not drag its feet!!

So soak up what you can now. :slight_smile:

When I am away, I will put you, [B]Graviton[/B], together with [B]Kockneerebel [/B]and [B]Master Tang [/B]in charge.
I know that you three are all very experienced traders and will not steer the newbies wrong.

Oh My! Well, my offer of two strong movers and a nice lady to arrange things is still good. I appreciate your confidence in the three of us. I’ll sit down and be quiet now so everyone can learn.

[B][U]The Count Back Line rules…[/U][/B]

After some investigation I have concluded that [U]one candle[/U] for our CBL is all that we need!! :smiley:

[B]Surprise!![/B] :smiley:

The retracements after the entry do not seem so fierce that we need a heap of candles to draw an entry line from.
[U]
But added to this are 2 logical rules to set the entries.[/U]

These 2 entry rules allow us to enter a BB bubble at the right time as well as allowing us to enter a BB sausage at the right time (a big ask!!).

1. This 1st rule you already know, because I have mentioned it before.

[B]We do not enter on the CBL until there is a close …

…above it when trading long.
…below it when trading short.[/B]

If you think about it, the close is closer to the mid BB than the CBL entry is.

The reason for this rule is that with the close going thro the CBL entry, we are trading with the momentum of the price action.
[B]Darryl Guppy[/B] says that the price close is set by the “[U]smart money[/U]” whereas the temporary highs/lows (the candle wicks) are set by more extremist traders.

[B]Next post is a schematic diagram of CBL rule 1.[/B] :slight_smile:

This schematic diagram shows both the long and short cases >>>

In the diagrams, the extreme candle is number 2.
From here we draw the CBL.

Candle 3 does not qualify for anything.

Candle 4 is intersected in the wick - not good enough.

Candle 5 is intersected after the close has gone thro - this is our signal to enter.

We enter at the open of candle 6 (not shown).