The finest in trend trading

Well, since you opened your heart you’ll have to put up with my thoughts on your situation.

I sense that you’re looking to forex as “the way out” of your current job, life, whatever. That will not work. Success and happiness breed more of the same and vice versa.

Look hard in the mirror and ask yourself what you can do TODAY to increase happiness in your life - and then DO those things. I think you may be surprised by finding that one positive change is often followed by another and another and the wheel starts turning in the right direction.

Only a person in balance, in my belief, has any chance with the markets.

And if your account isn’t large enough to trade with bigger stops and longer time frames, switch to Oanda or another micro/nano lot broker and trade as if your account was 1M $ while you build your account up by compounding as well as depositing as a reward after profitable months.

Forex isn’t gambling but it can play hell with your psychology. I think we both know what forex actually is: a business. You can succeed but it will take hard work in many areas. If you give up you can be sure of one thing - you won’t succeed in forex…

Good luck John!

1 Like

Hey Ironheart,

I’ve been doing 12 hour shifts for the last 7 days, so not had a chance to do any kind of demo trading.

I have been able to follow the thread and practice on internet charts, but demo trading of course really tests the mettle (as the pyschology kicks in).

Looking forward to getting a chance to try the system out properly. I’ve decided to break it down though, so BB squeeze is one system, bubbles/sausages another. I’ll evaluate how each works then see if they’re worth combining, trading alone or just not working for me.

Ironheart hello, I do not understand very well what is the problem of entry for this trade … :confused:
If I understand you want to go along, then you simply place a buy stop at your green line with mid BB TP1, TP2 has opposite BB and if you operate like myself with opening of 3 batches let you run the Lot 3 on the sausage to an exit as seen previously.:wink:

There she goes, breaking below the squeeze on M15
Price at 1.3288 quit now? Did Charlie Daniels quit when he broke a fiddle string? Heck no. Now 32 pips ahead or so.

so I’m watching eurusd trying to break below a squeeze on the M15. This time of day, it’s like watching grass grow.

Hey didilut, the problem I had with identifying a long entry is the fact that the BB cannot be identified as a squeeze nor a bubble/sausage…

I ended up not trading this pattern.

The 2 trades I made today were the following two charts:

EURUSD 20M:

USDCHF 20M:

Both were reasonably profitable but didn’t hit TP2. Horrible R/R on both though! Might not have been worth the risk in retrospect.

Tymen mentioned earlier not to take these retracement trades, which confuses me, as I thought the whole point of our CBL entry strategy was to trade the retracement.

I’ll keep testing/demoing various currencies/indices/timeframes to see how well this system works all around.

IronHeart

On your first trade you should have been on a short from the top BB.

That trade is still in play until it hits the Lower BB or turns back on you.

The second trade you have the proper CBL you just needed to enter after the 2nd up candle.

John

Thinking ahead. Looking at M30. Is that a squeeze on EURUSD M30 forming? Maaaaabe. Wax on, wax off.

Getting a glass of good wine. I can out-wait whoever is on the other side of this trade, if I just have a glass of good wine. It’s a waiting game.

Hi O990l6mh , I agree with you on the psychological conditions of trading, and maybe our friend MerchantPrince just needs a little support, and as you did (according Tymen earlier:p), must move to higher TF and no longer want scalping at all costs …
I use 30 minutes, 60 minutes and 4 hours, with results honorably trying to fully understand the trend …
In any case I support and encourage MerchantPrince persevere in the path that shows Tymen:)

I’d say that a short entry isn’t there going short on that first trade. No candle draws after the CBL that is smaller than the extreme candle, so no indication to enter. If it was a squeeze this wouldn’t matter.

I haven’t looked at the 2nd chart yet.

I really appreciate your commentary on the trade. Not sure if this was your live or demo account but I am glad to hear your description. Maybe PTD & your kind self could work together to place this info on a chart.

I have also found in my short period of trading that managing a trade is very difficult. This has happened to me many time - I will have a multi-pip profit only to watch half of it evaporate; so next time I will pull out of a trade on a retracement only to see the price take off again.

The things you have done, like scaling in as the trade goes in your favour and scaling back out if the price retraces are techniques I have only just discovered. I first read about them on Tess’s old thread.

Thank you again,
hachi san

1 Like

eurusd price now 1.3288 again. Quit now? Did the Americans quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Heck no. Up 38 pips. This trade is going right along with the picture I had in my head. I’ll quit when it strays from that picture. Up 42 pips now. Dropped SL to 1.3306. Sold another lot at 1.3285 price now at 1.3280

Now price is breaking out of the squeeze and diving lower. Not sure how far ahead I am, way ahead. There will be plenty of time for counting, after the dealing is done.

Fell asleep during history class did you??? :stuck_out_tongue:

Price is now bouncing off the 30M bottom BB. Not what I had in mind.

Took 33 pips profit off the first lot. Setting SL to break even on the additional two lots.

I took the graph EUR / USD TF 1hour, look how easy it is.
I think keep it simple and flexible with the rules, and especially check the trend on a higher TF, this thread is not called “the finest in trend trading” while listening to our mentor and all follow the trend!! !

MP,
Don’t give up! I suggest you have a look at o990l6mh’s “My Trading Log” thread. He has a day by day description of his journey from a novice trader into his current state. Start right at the beginning and watch the transformation. It is an excellent story and one I wish I had read prior to going live last year.

Now I wait, again. I’ll either stop out BE on the remaning two lots and pocket 33 pips profit, or it will go lower and I’ll trade it till it quits on me. Ummm, good wine.