The finest in trend trading

Hi Tymen, (and all members)

I just want to introduce myself as I have been in Tymens live lessons twice now (under the name nickygmurphy) and I realize that I haven’t introduced myself or posted in this thread yet. Unfortunately, I only discovered this thread 3 weeks ago and have been devouring the information within ever since. I would like to have all the basics well and truly revised before I post here as I don’t wish to be a nuisance or a distraction from the work in hand, and clog up this thread with questions asked, and answered earlier in the thread. I hope to catch up on you guys in the coming weeks/months and then maybe make a worth while contribution to this group. Finally Tymen, thank you very much for sharing all your time and expertise here for us to learn from. You have a very clear and gracious way of teaching and I really appreciate it. Anyway that my intro over and it’s back to a weekend of studying BB’s and CBL’s for me… Hope you and all thread contributors all have a great weekend…

FxBlinkers…

thanks didilut,
I may care about ‘small yellow squares’ as you presented, but higer lows and lower highs I catch without indicators :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

Last I checked, Kinetic was unable to create new accounts for U.S. residents due to some new regulations :frowning:

I prefer MT4 for backtesting and trading anyway :slight_smile:

I’m really looking forward to this MACRO presentation. I’ve been busy with family duties most of this week, but I hope to be able to join up in the whiteboard discussions next week. Have a great weekend everyone:)

Hi Tymen, I’d just like to clarify the times that you enter the whiteboard, because I seem to keep missing you!

I’d really appreciate it if you would tell me your usual arrival times in GMT.

Thanks!

I’ve had a change of heart. This will be a good learning experience :slight_smile:

At what time EST (NEW YORK TIME) is everyone available on Saturday (tomorrow)?

Time Zone Converter - Time & Time Zone Conversion

Wowww, it’s time to go in my bed…:eek:
Have a great WE
Regards Didier:)

The first Tymen lesson is up.

Videos over 45 minutes on this site require a software download…I’d recommend against downloading anything:

Hummingbird Mentality � Blog Archive � Veoh is Malware

While I wouldn’t call it “malware”, it will definitely consume resources on your system. Hold tight, Hordane is cutting off 21 seconds to get it under 45 minutes so you won’t need an install :slight_smile:

DodgeV83, I was wondering if you could post everything I need for this EA. I am unable to find it within this thread. Also for the Joy of CandleStick trading I am trying to use your Period Conveter but when I click on offline charts it only shows 5, 10, 15, 30, 1hr charts. I am missing something for this. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong. Thanks

i can’t post links but if you goto youtube and do a search for DodgeV83 you will find your answers.

No links till 50 msg…Yeah, I know the infractions.

Hhehehe

Red

lol i didn’t and got two in 15mins o.O

Thank you again [B]DodgeV83[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I honestly do not know what we would do without you on this thread.

Not only have you corrected the link violation problem but you are also our technican, computer expert, programmer, u tube editor, back tester, and general technical problem solver for everything that occurs here!! :cool: :cool:

Hi tymen, i’ve been following your thread for quite sometime and Im baffled by the amount of new information i’ve learn during these months. I truly appreciate the time taken on your part to make this journey a pleasure for me. Thank you and oh, im from singapore too!

Anyway i’ve got a qns which is on the cbl entry. Previously we were thought to only enter when the opposite outter BB contracts, isit still valid? Or could we just enter now on a valid cbl entry without about the opposite outer BB.

And if the mid bb is going against direction of our trade do we still take it?

Welcome here, [B]fartist[/B]!! :slight_smile:

Previously we were thought to only enter when the opposite outter BB contracts, isit still valid? Or could we just enter now on a valid cbl entry without about the opposite outer BB.

Now that we have identified no trading areas which are the counter trades after a BB walk ceases on a bubble or sausage, we no longer need to concern ourselves with the opposite BB.

I still refer to it in teaching, of course, to make certain points clear.

And if the mid bb is going against direction of our trade do we still take it?

We enter a trade in the squeeze area.
This we do as long as the entry goes in the same direction as the major trend - the trend of a higher timeframe.

Entering a trade in a squeeze area in the direction of the major trend may possibly cause you to go against the direction of the mid BB for a time but that time is usually not for very long.
The mid BB turns around and goes with you. :slight_smile:

Thank you tymen for clarifying things up.

So lets say the 4 HR trend is long, however a retracement occurs, so do we follow the trend of the 4HR(main trend) or the retracement on the 1 hr chart(my home chart).

If we followed the retracement, that would be counter trend trading would it?

Because there are time the retracement is quite strong like 38.2 fibbo, and i do not know what to make of it. As a new trend forming or just regard it as a retracement still. :eek:

[QUOTE=DodgeV83;194547]Attached is a new version of the EA. It now has a field for “HideStops”. Set this to 1 (default) for normal operation, hiding stops with trendlines.

Set this to 0 to use normal stops and not rely totally on the trendlines. Your SL and TP will be in place even if your computer loses power.

Note: Since the “TymenTakeProfit” line closes half of the initial trade, a normal TP line will not work for this. To implement this, I will have to change the way the EA works, forcing it to take two separate trades at the start instead of one trade at double the lots. Some brokers don’t like it when you make two trades at once in quick succession and might block the second order altogether. While there are ways to code around this, it’s generally safer to keep it to one trade…we’ll see what I can come up with.

Note2: You can still manually drag the TP and SL lines around. They will update the TP and SL lines for all trades on that pair.[/QUOTE]

Please i don’t get what the EA is supposed to do. while performing the backtesting, i thought it was supposed to take trades automatically OR do i have to enter the trades myself? I have seen the video. DodgeV83, in the video, you where entering trades. how did you do this? please pardon my ignorance. I HAVE ATTACHED SCREEN SHOTS TO SHOW WHAT I MEAN.:confused:

Dodge is probably the best person to answer this but…I think I can help in one or two ways.

You have to place the trades manually.

When you want to place a trade, click on the trendline button and make a trendline at the price you want to enter the trade.

Then double click on your trend line and edit it to be named one of the four following things:

• sst (Sell Stop)
  • bst (Buy Stop)
  • blt (Buy Limit) (Not a subway sandwich) :smiley:
  • slt (Sell Limit)

The EA will recognise your trendline once it has been renamed and put a textbox next to it, which will say “Buy Stop, Buy Limit, Sell Limit or Sell Stop” depending on what you have renamed it to.

Hope this clears things up.

P.S. You can also use: bs, bl, ss, sl, but I am yet to see the difference between these operations and the once listed above. I thought they may have caused a simple 2 contract entry with TP1 and TP2 but it doesn’t seem to be doing that :S

[QUOTE=IronHeart;195399]Dodge is probably the best person to answer this but…

thank bro. i will give a try and see how it works.:stuck_out_tongue: