The finest in trend trading

Fartist, as a favor for Tymen, when you ask questions this specific about a chart situation, please post the chart with your question. Thanks.

I did check Youtube and followed along with DodgeV83 and Iā€™m still not getting it setup properly. It doesnā€™t seem like the period conveter is working correctly. I only get 5, 10, 15, 30, and 1 hr. I donā€™t get anything else. I also canā€™t find the files for the EA if someone could post everything I need I would greatly appreciate it. thanks

Hey Piphanger, when you apply the period converter indicator to your chart, you need to select the ā€œperiodmultiplierā€, which is the multiple of the current chart you are using.

So, if you apply the indicator to a 5m chart and select a periodmultiplier of 4, then you should have a 20m chart waiting for you in your offline charts folder.

To open an offline chart, just go to file>open offline, where you should be able to select your 20m chart.

You can apply the period converter indicator as many times to your base chart as you need to.

Thanks IronHeart, I appreciate your help. I will give that a shot and see if it works out for me. Do you have the EA for the finest trend trading method. Iā€™m not sure what I all need or if I have the latest file. I found a post on here from DodgeV83 for the Final Tymen.ex4 file but not sure if this is all I need or if there is something else needed for this trade. Thanks.

Yep, thatā€™s the file!

Just put it into your experts folder and restart your MT4 and it should be available on your navigator.

Ok iā€™ll do just that, sorry for the countless qns iā€™ve got. Probably what i learnt from my uni days.

Do try to search out for DodgeV83 videos in youtube. They are very handy in explaining how to use the backtest tool with his indicator.

youtube.com/results?search_query=dodgev83&aq=f

As we can see the 4Hr is in a clear down trend, however there is a retracement going on. So my qns would be do we go long or short for the 1HR TF? Thank you all :slight_smile:

As I trade, and I believe this is in agreement with Tymenā€™s method, you would only trade down on the one hour if the four hour chart is in a clear down trend. Therefore you look at the 1 hr retracement as a possible good down entry opportunity. That down entry opportunity must be confirmed by a valid CBL, which in this case would require the price to move all the way back up to the top BB and set a valid downward CBL for entry.

If price doesnā€™t form a valid CBL entry, then under this system youā€™d need to just look for a good entry in another pair. I can usually find several at any point in time on either the 1H, 4H or Daily charts, so I just donā€™t take those that donā€™t meet my criteria.

If my rules need to be changed, Iā€™ll change them, but trading outside my rules just damages my account in the long run. Thatā€™s just my own experience.

If someone else has a comment on this, please share.

Graviton is of course correct. But let me show you what I see compared to your charts.

4h chart.

And now the one hour chart.

I believe it paints a little different picture. To me it looks like something is about to break on way or the other.

I had the same issue as you. At least you are questioning it on the higher tf when i was all about the lower tfā€™s.

If you are interested in the indicators i am using here they are.

http://forums.babypips.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10420&d=1264497476

I believe Dodge posted them awhile back as some of the indicators that graviton uses. Using them with Tymens BB DNA Method has really improved my tradingā€¦

I swear between Tymen and Graviton, what they are teaching usā€¦ People have paid big money for less.

Thank you both!!!

Ok thanks for your input graviton. I would have did what you said earlier, but just figured how others view this particular case.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts jonesboy and the charts. Iā€™d probably would not take this trade, until like graviton said the PA hits the top outer BB on the 1HR TF and a valid cbl is form.

And oh jonesboy, the link you provided has an error. I couldnā€™t get to the attachment. Could you please check on it again? If itā€™s working fine then probably my com has problem. :frowning:

Ughā€¦

When I look at it also, 4hr, I see a long downtrend, a bottoming out, and then a reversal towards the upper reaches.

The 4hr had 2 retrace candles, stopped that nonsense and is now continuing its track northward.

The 1hr looks like after it exited the squeeze south, (looks like a fakeout) prompty went north after a bounce on the lower shi channel.

PA was riding the top BB and finally after touching the top shi channel touch a bounce down and through a quickie squeeze (BB style), bumped the bottom shi channel and is now in place for a ride north again.

The mid BB was pointing slightly down, reflecting the bounce down and now looks like it is turning up, or has already.

I was use a non-tymen1 2 cbl off that lowest green candle that pierced the BB and then about 2 red candles over using that top wick as the buy stop entry.

I would fully expect it to hit the top BB, but would set the mid BB as TP1 and/or the mid shi channel as tp1ā€¦Would have to be watching this, in front of monitor timeā€¦sighā€¦and would set tp2 as the top of the shi channel or top BB.

Personally I think any of those are good tps, and i expect it would be a trade that put some pips in your pocket.

This is my personal opinion, not a trade recommendation, and not from a qualified or licensed individual/corporation.

Red

Sorry about that guys. I canā€™t find the link. But if you do a search on google for shi channel. You will find it. There are two of them as you can see. Maybe Dodge or whomever posted it can re post it for everyone.

Dont link violate :wink:

That might be 3 infractions for you and boom, you would have to find a new id and make 50 more postsā€¦

Booooooo!!!

Heheh.

Red

If he is linking to babypips it isnā€™t a violation, correct?

Jones great chart, can you help me with one thing, how do you create the trend channel with that middle dashed line?

It took me forever to find again.

I am not sure if I am allowed to upload zipsā€¦ so here is the link to the post.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/33733-multi-time-frame-trend-trading-90.html#post194787

post 895 by NorwegianBlue

These are the shi channel indicators that you see on my chart. It takes all of the guessing of what the trend is doing away.

Forgive me Tymen for hijacking your threadā€¦

I finally got caught up with the thread. I wanted to say thanks to Tymen and everyone else that contributed. It is really helping me develop my own system. I hope I have something to contribute in the future.

wow, i must say this is a place to be. i hope i meet new friends to share experience with. greetings to all