The finest in trend trading

Hey guys, im still there. Reading, learning, testing :slight_smile:

Now with a quick question:

Is the Video of Tymens live trading on the Whiteboard aviable to download somewhere? I’d like to watch it at work so i wonder if its possible to download it somewhere.

I heard that the file-size is pretty big.
If so i would recommend “dropbox” (dropbox.com) as a hoster of these files. (up to 2GB i think storage)

I dont know who captured the video but i think there are some more people who unfortunatelly missed “the show” :cool::smiley:

I’m in the process of uploading it now…the woman has kept me quite busy the last few days, so it’s a bit delayed :wink:

The Finest in Trend Trading - Tymen example 1

Hey Dodge,

Looks like the video has been made private and I don’t have the permission to view it.

Can you please change the settings so that we are able to view it.

Perhaps you can use password protection instead?

These are the shi channel indicators that you see on my chart. It takes all of the guessing of what the trend is doing away.
]

Hey JB,

I’ve got the SHI Channel loaded and it works great but how are you getting more than one set of trendlines to show up on your charts? I can only get one channel at a time

Opps!

Fixed :slight_smile:

Good job Dodge! I’m sorry I had such problems with the video format but I’m glad you were able to get it to work for you.

Still reading the thread and keeping up.

Also I wanted to offer my services, I host some Top Gear videos on my private server for another forum but since Top Gear is in the off season and I have unlimited hosting and bandwidth stream so if you guys want I can host this video without problems, no charge or anything like that. Just wanna help out :slight_smile:

Let me know, the downstream is pretty quick (dreamhost is great hosting if you ever need it).

Threads great and I’ll be keeping my eyes on it.

EDIT: This would be for you to download the video on your computer, I can also set up some flash streaming, that wouldn’t take long to do.

Big thanks! :smiley:

Thank you very much for the offer!

I would like to keep all videos on public sites. This ensures that same link will still be viable 5 years from now when someone looks back on this thread. The same cannot be said of a non-mainstream site. Vimeo has a download link on the right (you have to scroll down), so we should be covered.

Thanks again for the offer! If a reason comes up where we will need something like this, we will let you know :slight_smile:

Yeah thanks! Will definitely be watching this at work tomorrow :slight_smile:

Certain people are starting to add indicators to my DNA method. :frowning:

I am disappointed. :frowning:

We are trying to trade here [U]without indicators[/U] - and the Bollinger bands are merely a substitute for support/resistance lines.

I should make it clear once again that the Bollinger DNA method as I invented it, is a stand alone method that requires [U]no additional charts or indicators.[/U]

I am referring here to the [U]orthodox method [/U]which is the one from which I will construct the official PDF.

This PDF will not detail the NO TRADING AREAS - these were added on because some readers were testing short timeframes and getting poor results.

The orthodox method will contain some CBL details that I have not used on this thread, because I have entertained simplicity.
But it is this orthodox method that gives the high win/loss ratio. :slight_smile:

Using a higher timeframe to determine trend really does little to improve the efficiency of the method - the counter trading is at its best with this method.

Adding indicators will do little to improve the gain in pips, and at best, will give no greater gains with added complexity.

So when I post the PDF, I encourage all readers to use it as it is, and not modify it.

On the other hand, the MACRO METHOD which will soon be posted, derives its strength from knowing the trend - which is got from a higher timeframe.

But again, here, adding indicators will only complicate matters.

I really thought that I had put the use of indicators firmly to bed when I spent pages on this thread promoting the GMMA, then suddenly dumping the whole affair without warning!!

[B]Indicators do not assist in trading well.
The use of price action is very much the correct way to go!! [/B]

And that is now very much the thrust of this thread!! :wink:

Thank you again, [B]DodgeV83[/B], for your continuing splendid work in posting videos, and whatever else you post!!

Your support here is so very much appreciated, I cannot thank you enough!!

When it comes to the technicals, you are definitely [B]King[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I am glad that [B]Graviton [/B]and [B]Jonesboy [/B]have delt with your questions because, for whatever reason, I do not understand your question. :confused: :confused:

Instead I am going to analyse your charts using the [B]ORTHODOX DNA[/B] method.

I will post a number of charts showing the trades, first in the 4 hour charts, then second, in the 1 hour charts.

Here is your USD/JPY 4 hour chart, divided into colors >>>

There are 4 colours, because there are 4 separate trades in this chart.
I will take each color, and analyse it in detail…

Here is the first trade (light blue section) >>>

Everything is explained on the chart.
The Total profit is as follows…

TP1 = 9 pips after spread.
TP2 = 9+66 = 75 pips after spread.

TOTAL PROFIT = 84 pips after spread.

The trade is a standard OO trade.

Well said Tymen!

The thread that you started was all about “the finest in trend trading” and halfway through you said it would be now be “naked trading”. You then went on to outline the CBL and Bollinger Bands DNA method. I for one, am most grateful for your tuition and will welcome the final PDF for this method.

I enjoyed following the video that Dodge kindly made available. I note there you occasionally “referred to” a couple of indicators viz zigzag and Starc Bands. But I noted you use them to determine the [U]situation[/U] and [I]did not use them for trading.
[/I]
I look forward to the macro method when you have completed this.

Ken

Thank you Ken!! :slight_smile:

Yes, DodgeV83 is a genius in his own right!! :slight_smile:

I really did not need the zig zag in the video because the DNA method is stand alone.

Yes, I used the Starc because I was talking and it was good to emphasise that the trade was continuing to go short. :smiley:

I look forward to the macro method when you have completed this.

A lot of readers a looking forward to this.
But note that the MACRO method has an ordinary mediocre win/loss ratio.
Its strength will be the risk/reward ratio.

Here is now the 2nd trade (yellow section) >>>

This chart is full of labels and needs careful explanation…:wink:

We are using the orthodox CBL entry - in this case, long entries.
That is, we are looking to trade from the lower BB to the upper BB.

Taking the chart from the left >>

The candles at A are not considered for a CBL because the BB are expanding and the opposite BB (upper) has not contracted yet.

So the next batch of candles are considered and the extreme yellow candle body is smaller than the second candle bady (red), so we draw the CBL from the yellow candle only as shown.
The PCI stoploss is also drawn as shown.
(in reality, if the price action goes against you, it is best to close the trade at about half of the stoploss instead of letting the price go all the way down to the red line.).

At this point, the upper BB has contracted so we can enter.

The trade hits TP1 with 2 contracts for 41 pips each after spread.
The PCI stoploss is then moved to break even at the blue entry line.

However, the price action is not favourable and retraces to the break even line and continues as shown by the long red arrow to return to the lower BB.

Hence we only get one profit of 41 pips.

This trade is an OM (outer BB to middle BB) price action trade to the mid BB, and the continuing price action shown by the red arrow is an RO (retracement to outer BB) price action.
RO price actions are the 4th type of price action (OO, OBB, OM + RO), and is the only type of price action that is untradeable by this method.

Now that is not the end of the matter!! :smiley:

With the price action on the lower BB, we look for a trade back to the upper BB. :slight_smile:

The yellow candle at the end of the long red RO arrow is an extreme candle and the second candle is a larger body red candle.
Because of the larger body of the red candle, we ignore it and set the CBL from the yellow candle as shown.
A 2nd PCI is also shown.

A 2nd long entry with 2 contracts is made but…alas, it goes against us and we exit at half the stoploss distance = 28 pips each contract.

A loss = 57 pips.

Taking the 2 trades here = 41-57 = -16 pips.

The total so far (from previous post as well) = 84-16 = 68 pips.

We have 68 pips TOTAL SO FAR.

At this point, the 3rd chart (light green) is considered.

Here is now the 3rd chart (green section) >>>

In this chart, the 2nd long entry from the previous section is shown in order for you to get your bearings.

Now the rest of the CBL are shown in black.

As the price action falls, the new CBL are drawn, paying respect to the 2 or 1 candle entry rules.

[B]The 4th CBL is the last one and no entry is made at all.

The price action finally hits the lower BB where it is time for a brand new trade.[/B]