The finest in trend trading

If the squid slides down, you should be going short, not long.
After all, the squid is going down.

Therein lies your trading problem. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Thank you so much for your answer on this matter, [B]Czaray[/B].
It is very obvious that you know exactly what you are talking about!! :slight_smile:

I know its way off topic but if I may take a little liberty

If you see this post, [B]Czaray[/B], I would be very grateful if you (or anyone else)answer my question below

I intend to record my LP’s from my turntable (Master Tang has suggested some turntable impovements), to my computer by using a USB phono pre-amp sandwiched in between.
The pre-amp changes the turntable analogue into digital for the computer hard drive.

The 2nd part, burning from the computer hard drive to CD, is easy.
(I know that a wav. format must first be converted to MP3 format).

[B]Now my question
[/B]

I have 2 choices

1. Either the acclaimed “NAD PP3” brand or “Pro-Ject Phono Box 2” brand USD preamps.
    Both sample at 48khz with 16 bit depth.

[B]OR[/B]

1. The Terratec iVinyl USB Phono Preamp.
    Records at 96 khz with 24 bit depth.

The second choice is more expensive but the 24 bit offers double the dynamic range.

However, considering that the recording has to be converted to 16 bit, 41khz, MP3 for burning to disc, it is worth the extra cost buying the more expensive unit? :confused: :confused:

(I agree that MP3 is poor quality).

Thank you for any answers. :slight_smile:

If you follow the rules to the letter you should be OK.
But therein lies the problem - the method is on a knife edge, and one mistake and you could easily lose more that several gains.

A clear answer is that I do not trade it myself. :eek:

On the other hand, the Bollinger DNA method is so much more forgiving and has a very high win/loss ratio built in.
This method has a growing following that is even endorsed by [B]Graviton[/B], an extremely successful trader of 22 years experience.

Beginners are taking pips out of the market on 1st attempts with this method.

[B]The retracements need not be a problem at all if you
[/B]

1. trade the squeeze areas only.

2. use a parabolic sar as your stop loss indicator as I have shown in previous posts on this thread.

Finally I use the DNA method myself (a refined version of it that I am keeping secret for now).

I recommend that you forget the candlestick method and update to the DNA method for immediate profits!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Great to see this and I have already put you on my timezone list for lessons!! (UK) :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

My own research into the best BB walk exits has not shown anything that is useful so far.
So I will keep researching!! :wink:

I have looked at Donchian channels, Keltner channels, TEMA/DEMA crossovers, moving averages of various kinds and variations on the parabolic sar.
All these are indicators and hence are very limited.

We can see, with reasonable accuracy, a good exit point on a BB bubble - the 1st candle to disengage from contact with the outer BB.

But with a sausage, it is different.
The price action restarts its BB walk (sometimes no actual contact with the outer band).
To do a bubble exit and re-enter when price resumes its BB walk is frought with danger.
The resumed walk could be only very temporary and turn out to be a retracement in disguise.
If trading a multiple entry, then you could be in for a big lose with such an approach. :eek: :eek:

[B]So
[/B]

I will soldier on and continue research >> :slight_smile:

Tymen if you ever consider to visit Spain, please let me know. I will show you a little gem in the mediterranean that I’m sure most people here don’t even know :smiley:

Seriously, I felt in love with this place the first time I visited this island hint hint

And if you visit it during spring the weather is mild so you won’t overheat like in Perth
 by the way it seems you are back there from the country, I hope you survive this summer as from the CÂș numbers you posted now I understand why you talk about being slowly microwaved!

Best regards mentor

First off, if you are burning them to cd then I would not convert them to mp3 but rather leave them as wav files. You only convert to mp3 if you are trying to conserve space on a player which is why people can put so many songs on their digital music players. Mp3 will degrade your dynamic quality no matter how high the initial bit depth or kHz. But if you do want to convert it to mp3 then I suggest you do it in iTunes and select the highest mp3 settings which should be in your preferences section.

Some recording engineers will take 16 bit recordings and record them again in 24bit, although they use a process called dither which your machine will probably have that converts it smoothly. Dj’s probably use these turntables because they are manipulating the sounds and therefore have more digital info to work with. But being familiar with the process of recording, I record in higher khz and bit depth because when I mix the tracks down I have more digital info which makes a big difference in the sound quality.

So with all that being said, you will probably be just as well off with the cheaper model because you probably won’t be mixing, but rather just converting it to cd which should be done in wav files and not mp3. A more expensive model will not enhance your dynamic quality, because the initial sound on your record was probably recorded in 16 bit depth, or 8 bit depth if they are old recordings. But then again nice equipment is always good to have.

I can see how you would think you would get better dynamic quality but it is more complicated than that. Basically you would just have more digital info to work with if you were going to remix, or in your case remaster because it is the finish product and not individual tracks you are working with. But you are just putting records on cd’s so a high quality player would suffice. I don’t think you would want to remaster them unless you are prepared to do a lot of studying. But if you did get into such a thing then yes the more expensive player would be better. The audio world is a very interesting world full of many tools that work together, and in a strange way it is much like forex because you are dealing with vibrations.

Another thing I thought about. The turntable may have a sequencer built into it which dj’s use to sample their loops as they are playing live, and this probaly has the capability to record in 24bit 96khz. And just as a cd can only handle a limit of 16bit, I don’t know what an lp can handle, but nonetheless your records were probably recorded in 16bit. Basically I think you are venturing into another world with the expensive player that would take experience and research to bring about such a dynamic recording.
And 48khz is really good, and some people argue that 96khz really does not make an audible difference unless you have a huge surround sound system like a state of the art movie theatre, but then that is debatable among many too.

Ok, I realize everything I have written can be confusing so here is the short answer.
No, it will not change the quality to record in 96khz 24bit. That would only change it if you were to remaster it which you probably won’t.

Also, don’t bother converting to mp3, because it is not necessary. You can leave it in a wav file that will be better quality than the mp3.

I am a Virgo, and Virgos tend to get caught up into details, thus confusing others a lot of times, but they are good at analysis and this is why I am attracted to forex. I will take the time to review your thread and hopefully have a clear picture of it all.

Thanks again for all the effort you have put into all this. It is nice to see in this forex world.

subscribed

Hello Tymen and all,

I am right now at Shanghai, but I coud watch yesterday match, and I sorry Tymen I only can say “we are the Champions
”". ¡¡¡Incredible!!!, all the people in Spain seems to be still celebrating it at the streets.

By other hand, I also know another little places at the mediterranean sea that if you decide to visit us, I will be pleased to show you.

To Aserat, Did you visit multidiviseros punto com?

I am willing to talk with you and share forex knowledge.

Regards

You deserve the win, [B]richardj[/B] :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The Dutch spent their time kicking the people rather than kicking the football. :frowning:
Very poor form, as far as I am concerned.

Also returning the ball back into their own goalie is not the right way to play - you need to kick the ball towards the opponents goalie!!

By other hand, I also know another little places at the mediterranean sea that if you decide to visit us, I will be pleased to show you.

I shall work towards this, even though I am an ooooooooooold man!! :smiley:

Hahaha Tymen I’m sure we both aren’t talking about the place you might be thinking
 is it Ibiza? :stuck_out_tongue:

I was referring to the island of Formentera
 quiet, relaxing, and marvellous place to spend time. Aaah seems I commited infraction posting a link
 ok it’s easy to find for those who want just search on Google.

even then
 those photos don’t make enough justice.

I know you prefer crowded places but consider it for a vacation, it’s not widely known and only in August some Italians (mostly) come for the summer and “Happy Flower” party. It’s some kind of 70’s remember: happiness, good music and people dressed properly but without the drugs and sex all over the place :smiley:

Richard visitare la pagina, no te lei el otro dia ^^

Thank you for your very high quality answers to my question about audio, [B]Czaray[/B]. :slight_smile:
You answers were well written and easy to understand (I am a retired school teacher in mathematics, chemistry and physics).

There were 2 matters I saw that need clarification

Regarding your response below

I thought that vinyl records were recorded in analogue.
The preamp then amplifies the signal (RIAA equaliser) and converts it to digital for the computer.

24 bit depth is attractive but looks like we need 44.1 khz in order to nullify the dithering that is otherwise needed to CD.

So I take your advice on that!! :slight_smile:

Also, don’t bother converting to mp3, because it is not necessary. You can leave it in a wav file that will be better quality than the mp3.

If I want it on CD then I cannot keep my music in wav format except for single tracks (if the CD player can play wav in the first place.).
The huge mb usage makes this impossible for longer music.

So I guess that means MP3 or WMA format especially if it has to go to a CD for a CD player.
(I do not know if a car CD player can play wav format.)

[B]I welcome any further response you may have to these comments of mine!![/B] :cool:

After this, its forex!!

yes, OK, then.

[B]My last post for this evening.[/B]

Still searching for those quality exits on the BB walks.

I have now looked at many sma, ema and wma settings, written a heap of computer indicator programs to test.
Also built as series of sma BB, ema BB and wma BB with the standard settings and overlaid them with the same BB with settings of period 10 and 40.
Examined and tested various crossover points.

Still nothing good.

But now I have found what I see working best of all - not the extremely best exit (you would need to be clairvoyant to get that), but a [U]very high quality [/U]one for every intent and purpose.

[B]The method is unexpected and simple
:D[/B]

[B]Just load a MACD with settings[/B]
short = 6, long = 19 and signal = 9. :wink:

99% of the time, there is only one crossover - and that is your exit signal.
Of the rare times when there are 2 signals (one premature), Gerald Appel gives simple rules to negate the first exit and take the second one instead.

I shall give them in another post - tomorrow (diagram included).

[B]After this is sorted, we now need to see the very best way to add on the mulltiple contracts!! :)[/B]

Ah ha! Great stuff Tymen.

I have been away researching as well in any spare time that I could find to search a solution to the very same problem - but you’ve gotten there before me!

I await in huge anticipation to read about your method.

Excellent work, [B]Tymen![/B] I guess soldiering on does pay its rewards! :slight_smile: Just like [B]Ironheart,[/B] I too have been looking for a clean, efficient way to exit BB Walks in sausages and bubbles, and have found a somewhat rough solution, but I am quite interested to see your proposed method in action, and how much it differs from mine.

Happy pipping!

Hi Tymen
I have been lurking in the background following your thread and trading with it with some success. Looking forward to the next part. Well done keep up the good work.:slight_smile:

Czaray, I completely understand your concern about retracements. I’ve been working with several traders on another thread and in the BB DNA chat room and we’ve just about beaten this problem to the ground. I’ll give a quick summary here as I believe the method is very complementary to Tymen’s BB DNA method. I’m happy to answer any questions or take any suggestions to improve this method. It is summarized as follows:

The best way to win at Forex is to learn how to not lose. If you can learn how to not lose, then you are left with only break even trades and winning trades. So learning how to not lose makes you win by default. Retracement losses usually come as we hit a stop loss before we have moved that stop loss to better than break even. The goal then is to eliminate stop out losses. This sounds impossible at first, but it’s not! Norwegian Blue has tried this method this week and last I checked he only has break even and winning trades since he started it. Here it is.

A stop loss is the worst possible way to exit a trade. Whether you are winning or losing, the stop loss will always take you out of a trade at the profit minimum, or at the loss maximum. To not lose, you must not hit stop losses. In a losing trade, you need to exit early to minimize your loss, in a winning trade you need to exit on a profit peak, either on your home chart or a lower TF. Exiting on any profit peak is better than hitting a stop loss. A stop loss is only good for one thing, protecting your capital in case of a sudden spike that you can’t manually exit out of. So the goal is to never hit a stop loss. We start by looking at why we hit stop losses and look for a solution to each reason. The theory is, there are only 4 reasons to hit a stop loss:

Bad Entries- You know a bad entry when you see one. It goes against you right away. Don’t wait until it creeps against you and hits the stop loss. Exit quickly to minimize your loss and look for a better entry point on that pair or another pair. Using the BB DNA method and only entering from a squeeze breakout, you should get many good entries. Entering only with the trend will decrease your bad entries. I always require three good reasons to enter a trade. That eliminates overtrading which is the cause of most bad entries. It also forces me to study my entries more carefully. Practicing this should give you 80 to 90% good entries, that is, entries that go in your favor right after you enter. As you get fewer bad entries, and reduce the losses from each bad entry, this source of losses tends toward zero. You might never get quite to zero, but you can get very close. Zero should be the goal though.

Spike outs- these are sudden moves usually in response to news. They come in two forms, expected and unexpected. The expected ones can be totally avoided by not trading during red flagged news events on forexfactory.com - The unexpected ones can’t be avoided completely, but they are very rare, like one every two weeks or so, and by trading with tight stops you can avoid suffering much damage from them.

Good trades turned bad- these are the cause of many losses. They start out as a good entry then turn around and head for your stop. Always exit at break even or even better with a couple pips profit off these. If my trade goes more than 30 pips, I will always exit with at least 1/2 my profit. You can make your own rules and test and optimize them for profit taking efficiency with the Maximum Favorable Excursion Strategy linked below. You will get a lot of early exits for the few trades that don’t turn around quickly and go against you, but you can turn this source of losses in to a source of profit with discipline and practice. Of course, the trades that don’t quickly turn around and go against you are the ones where you make most of your profits.

Moving a stop to close to price action volatility too fast - This is caused by trying to use the stop for something it’s not good for, locking in profits. Take your profits manually off a peak profit point. Never move a stop so close to price action that it will be hit by normal volatility.

There is a book on this stop loss subject called Maximum Adverse Excursions by John Sweeney that you can download and read. It covers the quantitative side of not setting a stop too close to price action volatility. But once you understand the goal, it’s easy to do on the fly.

Taking profits on a peak rather than on a minimum with a stop loss refers to a Maximum Favorable Excursion Strategy. This is discussed in more detail in this pdf:

http://www.taloneight.com/resources/publications/maximum.pdf

There is much free discussion on the net about both of these concepts.

You should categorize each stop out loss into one of these four categories and seek to minimize or eliminate it from your trading. The challenge, if you choose to accept it, is to go one week of day trading without hitting a single stop loss. That is, to always exit before your stop loss is hit. If you try it, you’ll be surprised at how easy it turns out to be and what a huge difference it makes in your trading.

The trick is to learn how to meet this challenge without making your stop losses larger. Making a stop larger when you are losing just causes larger losses in the long run. If you can’t enter trades with small stops, then the problem is with the timing of your entries, not the size of your stops. My typical stop on entry is 20 to 30 pips. I allow it to grow a little larger if the trade goes well. I almost never hit a stop since I exit bad trades quickly. I hope this helps. Happy trading.