The finest in trend trading

hi all,
Im willing to learn Tymen’s method even if it takes 5 years! Ibelieve that for you to become expert you have to do the thing again and again and again and again.

Kindly please guide to how do I accelerate my learning using this method.

Special thanks to this thread starter. May you have more descendants to come. :slight_smile:

Yes, Merchantprince, I give you the go ahead to make that alteration that is being referred to…:slight_smile:

[B]An exit at the outer BB is only made after the PSAR reverts to standard and the price action then indeed hits the outer BB. [/B]

Good - as a school teacher, I completely agree with that. :slight_smile:

Kindly please guide to how do I accelerate my learning using this method.

Go to the chat room and grab the PDF’s on there kindly produced by [B]Merchantprince[/B]. :slight_smile:

Here is the link…

Bollinger Band DNA - FOREX Trading using the Tymen Bollinger Band Strategy

Thank you from me also, [B]Hordane[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Could you put this PDF together with the rest of the collection on the chatroom!!
Thanks.

Good to know you are still here, [B]Didier[/B]. :slight_smile:
You are a true friend, as always. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

OK, [B]ReneLa[/B], since you insist on asking me for an anwer here it is…

First we need the chart.
Since I have no idea what you have done, nor know when on the chart you made an entry, you need to post a chart - complete with notes and lines showing what you did. :wink:

I can then look at your chart and, if necessary open the same chart myself (although I do not trade the NZ dollar) to produce correction notes for posting. :slight_smile:

Remember, we are not clairvoyant and cannot see what you have done without a chart!! :smiley:

I have updated the PDF attachment in this thread and am now uploading the edited PDF with this change to the BB DNA site.

Thank you [B]Merchantprince[/B]!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

[B]It is sad news that I have to say that I am starting to suffer from a higher level of depression, which I think is caused by living in this small town where I am. (I returned to Perth briefly the other day and wow, what a lift!!).[/B]

As such, I am trying to persevere but coming under a lot of strain. :eek: :eek: :eek:

There is one thing that all readers can do for me…

When there is a question (chart or otherwise), please answer it so that I do not have to do it.
This takes an enormous strain off me (you have no idea how much!!) - and every answer I have seen so far from posters has been excellent and completely accurate.
After all, we are not dummies!! :stuck_out_tongue:

It is only when there is a dispute or correction needed that I will intervene.

It is now time to look at a nice little shortcut to the DNA method.

That is, we can trade the most efficient part of the whole method, the BB walks all on their own if you wish.

We already have the best exit method - the PSAR/mid BB approach.
I now need to post the rules for entry of a BB walk - there are not many, but they are extremely specific, and if not rigidly adhered to, will see almost immediate failure.
We can then look at a multiple contract method for this whole idea.

[B]I envisage that this will be most likely my last work on this thread.[/B]

After this, we need to look at getting the PDF’s together.
There will be more than one of them because there is a limit to how much you can upload on this forum.

Since it is now ending July, I see that by September the development of the PDF’s needs to be underway.
Much editing will be required before the final work is produced.
But I intend to see this thread end on 15th November when I rest for the year.

The PDF’s will be in great need because we have an increasing number of beginners coming on this thread and wading thro 400 pages - too much.

I envisage the following…

1)Examination of a trend and use of the Bollinger bands in place of S/R lines.

2)Introduction of the BB bubble and sausages.

3)The CBL and how it is used.

4)The DNA method itself - the 4 types of price action.

5)How to trade the DNA method with the CBL and multiple contract entry.

6)The danger of the no trade areas and why they are so called.

7)The best of the trades - the squeezes.

8)The quality exit - the PSAR/mid BB approach.

9)Shortcuts - a quality entry method for BB walks and a multiple contract approach to go with it.

Several PDF’s will be needed to include all this material.
Once finished, they can be posted and this thread closed.
(as always I ask that it also be locked).

[B]As the time approaches for construction of the PDF’s, I will be calling on the skills of Merchantprince, DodgeV83, IronHeart, for the technical stuff, NForex for the graphics, Graviton for any further counsel, and any others who wish to contribute, since all are welcome to do so.

I myself will look after the written presentation, my teaching forte.[/B]

Here is a recent trade with a BB walk on EUR/USD 15min >>>

The area traded is the grey BB sausage.
The yellow bubble is a BB bubble mounted on top of the sausage.

The entry, made in the grey sausage, also exits in the grey sausage.
There is no possibility of re-entry into the yellow bubble.

The exit in the grey BB sausage is excellent.

We now look in detail.

Hello tymen!
You can count on me! :smiley: I will help in everything i can!

Here is the entry to the grey sausage in detail, a long trade.
By the time the price action touches the upper BB, it is obvious that we are in for a BB walk so we delay the exit >>>

The entry is made in a squeeze area.

The CBL of Candle 1, an extreme candle, does not enter into candle 2.
However, the CBL of candle 2 does make an entry into the green candle 3.

The PCI is made at the low of the extreme candle 2.

Lets look at the exit using the PSAR/mid BB method >>>

While the PSAR is in standard mode, and exit is impossible.
This makes us feel good as we see the price action going up and we are counting the pips!! :smiley: :smiley:

When the candle marked INV has finished developing, the PSAR inverts.
The climb of the stoploss line is halted and extended to the right.

We see that the close of candle X is below the extended stoploss line.
According to the rules, this means EXIT!!

We do exit at a very good profit.

Entry = 761
TP1 Exit = 770
TP2 Exit = 851

Profit on trade in 15 minute chart = TP1 + TP2.
Profit = 9 + 110 = 119 pips.

Wow!! :slight_smile:

Time taken = 5.5 hours.

Profit Rate = 21 pips/hour (1 pip every 3 minutes).

Stoploss = 21 pips.

Risk/reward ratio = 21/119 = 5.7

Thank you for your encouragement Gasanvill. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Your offer of help is much appreciated!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

We now look at the shortcut method where we enter on a BB walk only.

Here we see 4 of the entry rules clearly shown at the point of the black, vertical line >>>

[B]RULE 1 - a BB walk is considered when there is a candle that passes thro the upper/lower BB with its wick or body.

RULE 2 - this candle must develop from a squeeze area.

RULE 3 - at the time of this candle appearing, the outer BB must be expanding together, and the mid BB either rising or falling depending on whether there is a long or short BB walk.

RULE 4 - the candles must develop in stepwise function to the upper/lower BB.
The rise must not consist of one only candle rising to the outer BB.
[/B]

I am new to this forum (not to trading) and have been captivated by your teaching skill Tymen, really first class, the community effort here is a joy to read.

It’s difficult sometimes when writing on forums to not sound glib, but please take care of your health, depression can creep like ivy.

sorry to hear you are not settled. that really is a lovely example of the psar doings it intended job.

Let me give my 2 cents worth on how to accelerate your learning curve on learning Tymen’s method. First, read and study the pdfs. Hordane’s is the latest one located here:

http://forums.babypips.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13032&d=1280014565

This needs to be studied like a college text. Read several times, highlighted, rewritten in summary form and studied again. It’s not enough to just understand the technique, you must understand the logic behind Tymen’s decision as to why he trades as he does. This may require some outside study of Bollinger Bands and PSAR’s. That information is all widely available on the web and Tymen has mentioned several good books on the subjects in this thread.

After you have a very complete and deep understanding of the method, it will take practice, and lots of it. Normally, mastering a complex trading system can take three months to a year, and perhaps longer if you haven’t had significant prior trading experience.

I’ve received PM’s from some new traders that complain the system isn’t working for them, but when I ask to see their charts, they are entering in no-trade zones during a BB walk against the direction of their trade. The odds of being successful over the long term with these types of entries are heavily stacked against a trader. Since in a BB walk against the direction of the trade, say a walk down and you are entering up on a small retracement cbl, there will be many small up retracement CBL’s, but only one, the last one, will actually be a good entry. If a typical BB walk down makes 2 small retracement CBL’s up, before it actually ends the walk and turns back up for a large move, then the odds are 2 to 1 against any trade entered in the no trade zone becoming a winner. These are terrible odds, close to those offered by playing a state lottery. Tymen is very clear about not entering trades during a BB walk in the opposite direction of your trade. If you choose to do so, that is your right, but please don’t blame the system.

To accelerate, you will need to accelerate your practice. Try this technique, for practice only. Open a demo account and take every cbl on every time frame from 15M to daily charts, on every chart, be it euro or Mexican peso or gold or something you don’t even know what it is. You can trade both up and down on many time frames on the same pair. Doing this, you will be trading 20 to 30 trades at the same time, some on daily charts lasting a very long time and some on the 15M chart lasting only a couple or few hours. The most difficult part is keeping up with all the trades. You will need a personal trading journal for that. You will also need your own personal trading plan. You can look at Iron Heart’s journal in the Newbie area for an example, but that’s his plan. You will need to create one just for you.

Keep excellent stats on your trades and analyze them completely. I discuss some of this in my babypips thread, Multi-Time Frame Trend Trading, but there is much more info available on the web. If you do all this, you will accelerate your learning curve by about 10 times. It’s intense. It’s hard work. It’s great fun :D. Of course, that’s just my own personal opinion.

Tymen, you never cease to amaze me. This is actually a brand new entry method geared to entering at or near the start of a BB walk. Fantastic!

sorry to hear of ur depression thymen, it can truly be a horrible thing:(. it seems strange but after weeks of reading this thread and also gravitons thread it feels like i know u both personally, ridiculous i know but all the same, that’s how it feels. even more strange is probably me saying as much in only my first post on the forum.

i did not post until i had caught up with all of this thread and nearly to the end of gravitons thread. both threads are worthy of the word masterpiece and as such are priceless

i can’t thank both of u enough for the incredible education u have given me
i hope u feel better soon thymen:(