The finest in trend trading

[B]Tymen[/B], just some quick words from me:

Count on me for the final PDF. :smiley:

Iā€™m sorry to hear that you donā€™t feel so good at the moment.
Recently i read a text about professional traders who are teaching trading. For i was always wondering why you (and also [B]Gravitation[/B]) put so much work into this. I have read that many successfull traders notice that, compared to a doctor or a teacher a professional trader actually has no social value at all. By teaching others that is definitely changing.

To keep this short man, i hope you know that you already accomlished that.
Like [B]IronHeart [/B]said: Its increadable how much ground weā€™ve covered.

[U]So just a wild suggestion: [/U]
If you feel the need for a break - no posting here, probably no trading at all - take it. I dont think that anyone will complain. :smiley:
Whish you the best!

I think the R:R-ratio above is wrong.
Since we take profits in two steps the gained pips have only half the value, right?

• Stopout-scenario: 1x -21 pips [B]= 21 pips[/B]
  • Our scenario: (0.5x 9 pips) + (0.5x 110 pips) [B]= 59.5 pips[/B]

[B]So the Risk/reward ratio would realy be 21/59.5 = 2.8 [/B]
Which is still awesome!

Iā€™m used to calculate it like this in my trading journal. It makes sense to me.
Am i thinking right?

(Anyone might now feel free to throw a heavy object at my head and scream: ā€œNOO! THATS INCORRECT!ā€)

Tymen, if you are going back to Perth Iā€™d suggest getting massive air conditioning installed while it is cool. Itā€™s much less expensive to install before it gets hot. Itā€™s about 36.5 C (98 F) outside in Houston and humid as a steam bath. Just miserable. But here inside Graviton Central Command, itā€™s a comfy cool 21.5 C (71 F). Sometimes I walk outside for just a few moments just to warm up. I was raised with no air conditioning, but Iā€™m spoiled on it now. Take good care of yourself Tymen. If you need any help with anything, just PM me.

As with everyone else, Iā€™m all in for any help required!

Best wishes.

Hi Ironheart,

It is Trading Station 2 - Marketscope. I am new to Forex, so have only looked at 4 platforms. I wanted to like Dealbook so it would be easier to follow Tymenā€™s directions (& any indicators he coded) but I found it confusing. That comes down to my limited knowledge of trading. I just found this platform intuitive - I didnā€™t read the instruction manual until a few days after I started using it & only learnt 2 things I hadnā€™t discovered. Having said that, there are a number of things that I have discovered that are [B]not[/B] in the manual. This seems to be a common theme for all platforms. And like the other platforms it does have its shortcomings.

In a few months time I have promised myself to do an evaluation of many different platforms before I open a live money account. Hopefully by then I will be more familiar with the different styles of platforms & will know what I want (as a minimum) from a platform.

What do you like?

Cheers.

Sorry. :frowning:

Finally, If you wish to continue to pursue this method, you should join the chatroom where all the PDFā€™s are located.

I have enrolled in the chat room, but have only had chance to get there a couple of times. What time do you usually do presentations?

Having rush-learnt this method, it is essential that you read thro the PDFā€™s several times to get it completely correct!!

I have only 2 ā€˜booksā€™ I now read - your thread & Gravitonā€™s, which I only finished yesterday. Now I just have to re-read & practice until it becomes second nature - and I can get it right.

Thanks for this opportunity.

Cheers.

Tymen,

Country living is definitely different than the city. Iā€™ve lived in Vancouver and Iā€™ve lived in an arctic town of 500 people and no roads out. Each has itā€™s pros and itā€™s cons, and definitely itā€™s own mindset. Itā€™s a big adjustment either way. (I went small town to big city).

Itā€™s funny how in the small town, while you are isolated, it seems that people can be fairly close knit. While in a city, you can be surrounded by thousands of people and feel isolated. I did like city living though.

I believe that given time, you might come to see some of the pros to living in the country. The first one I can think of is elbow space. (Iā€™ve never liked crowds.)

PS - Iā€™m glad youā€™re focusing now on entering a BB walk, I found myself at the end of these walks all week. Just kept missing them.

Canā€™t wait to try this out. Before, I was trying to enter just the BB Sausages/Bubbles using Phillipe Cahenā€™s method mentioned in his book. However itā€™s prone to head fakes and not I havenā€™t had much success on the 5min TFs.

Howā€™s this for confirming setups, potential 4hr cbl and 30min squeeze breakout happening at same time? Not yet hit 4hr cbl and 30min BB trumpet yet though. I guess this would be a low risk short if the criteria is met?

Would the BB trumpet on the 30mins qualify as a valid entry using Tymenā€™s latest joining Sausage/bubble only trade?

Tymen,

Iā€™m sure all of us are sad right now knowing one of our teachers is not feeling well inside.

I too live in the country. The first time I came here I felt exactly like you, the difference is Iā€™m at 15 min by car to Barcelona wich being a large and crowded city I can ā€œcamouflageā€ myself easily whenever I can and it seems itā€™s not like that in huge Oz :frowning:

But as you said, follow your heart. Itā€™s unfortunate you had to realize you like to be in city just when you finished moving there with all the work you put in. But hey, itā€™s never late and you must exert whatever is in your hand to relieve your unnecessary pain.

As Graviton said, using air conditioners would be a step to relieve the cooking heat of Perth, regardless of price I can assure it pays ten fold.
If you are concerned about it consuming a lot use those with inverter technology and AA+ efficiencyā€¦ you can even use them in heating mode during winter if needed.

But most of all look for your health. You are working so hard in this for months so if I can give you any advice it would be to stop for some weeks and maybe go for vacation to a nice place of your choice. Just stop and donā€™t think more about Forex for some time so you can recover fully.

As Francisgalvin mentioned, Graviton and you are by now more than just someone around the globe who we learn from in a forum. Iā€™m sure you already know that, so please do whatever needed to be happy as we will always be here waiting :wink:

madpipa, Iā€™ve used Marketscope and although it is basic it has everything you need to practice trading. In my opinion itā€™s simplicity is a bonus, as you have found itā€™s very easy to get up to speed with it and the last thing you want to be worrying about when trading is whereā€™s this or that button!.

Trading platform = second skin :slight_smile:

Thank you to all who are supporting me. :slight_smile:

We have some new people on this thread, namely [B]forexdawn2010 [/B]and [B]francisgalvin[/B].

I encourage both of you to visit the chatroom as soon as possibleā€¦

Bollinger Band DNA - FOREX Trading using the Tymen Bollinger Band Strategy

Please understand that right now, I am not up to doing any lessons on the whiteboard although it will be needed soon.
I have contacted [B]Rodytrader, Honorary FX Member [/B]again with the invitation to visit our chatroom and whiteboard.

Posted by [B]francisgalvin [/B]>
i canā€™t thank both of u enough for the incredible education u have given me

Graviton and I are here to please - you are both welcome. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

No break for me just now, NForex.
What is motivating me right now is the progress we are making with all this work!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I think the R:R-ratio above is wrong.
Since we take profits in two steps the gained pips have only half the value, right?

[B]So the Risk/reward ratio would realy be 21/59.5 = 2.8 [/B]
Which is still awesome!

Accepted!! :smiley: :wink:

I will be forced to consider this. :eek:

However, Australia is very backward - energy prices here have doubled in the last year and fuel is horrific in price considering the long distances in this country. Another large electricity price rise is due soon. (ridiculous).

My brother, who lives in the tropics, (Broome) uses only fans.
He warns me that the electricity bill for constant air conditioner use would be more than you can afford.
The electricity bill here in Oz is now equivalent to the mortgage bill.

Solar is no better - Just starting here, gosh we are backwards.
A solar installation here would not get any returns for at least 15 years, such are the prices.
Not worth it just now - the panels come from America and wind gear comes from Germany. Australia is retarded when it comes to inovation.

Even so, I will see what I can do regards air conditioning - it is a must for computing.

If you need any help with anything, just PM me.

Thank you for that offer.

Thank you, [B]VulcanClassic[/B]. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I have only discovered by living in a country town that I am really a city person.
Isolation gives me the creeps!! :eek:

[B]I will be going back [/B] ( :slight_smile: ) - and for the summer, I will consider something about air conditioning - although the heat here gets so intense that for the airconditioner to do its job, you are really burning the electricity, regardless of the efficiency of the machine.

Itā€™s funny how in the small town, while you are isolated, it seems that people can be fairly close knit.

Not here - no one wants to know you, only the dogs that never cease barking.
There are more dogs in this town than people - its ridiculous!!

PS - Iā€™m glad youā€™re focusing now on entering a BB walk, I found myself at the end of these walks all week. Just kept missing them.

[B]Yes, more rules and charts are coming!![/B]

[B]TraderAlan[/B], the outer Bollinger bands are very sensitive and their expansion or lack of it can only really be seen clearly in a full sized chart.

You cannot do justice to the picture when you have 2 charts squeezed in an entire screen.
You will lose the intensity of the slopes.
Adding other indicator windows makes the matter even worse.

So, sorry to say this, but you post looks incredibly complex and almost impossible to understand. :eek:
To trade well, you have to keep things simple, otherwise you get lost in the detail and become confused.

If you want to post 2 charts, I suggest that you make 2 posts. :wink:
Then some clarity will come back.

Ahhhhhā€¦Barcelona - one lovely city.
That I would like!! :slight_smile:

I am 3 hours away from Perth with nothing in between.

But hey, itā€™s never late and you must exert whatever is in your hand to relieve your unnecessary pain.

Yep, I will endevour to go back. :slight_smile:

If you are concerned about it consuming a lot use those with inverter technology and AA+ efficiencyā€¦

Yes, I will consider thisā€¦and the use of solar power!!
We have lots of sun here (8 hours/day).

Thank you for your encouraging post!! :slight_smile:

Ok, nothing new just now.

I guess I do need a holiday but I do not want to leave my cat, Sweetie on his own. Catteries affect him very badly (7 days most), so I will look to essential holidays only.

I love my cat (he is a trained cat and very playful at 6 years old), but on the other hand, pets do lock you down.

[B]I strongly advise all who read this, not to adopt a pet unless you are absolutely certain that you are settled and do not envisage moving or travelling in the future.[/B]

If my cat were to pass away, I would be upset for a while (my sister advises me the sorrow is temporary), but then the reward comes with major increased mobility.

[B]So let this post deliver a lesson to you about psychological self discipline to facilitate better trading - do not adopt pets unless absolutely necessary!![/B]

(you need holidays from forex - and pets lock you down.).

My next posts will analyse further the DNA shortcut rules for entry to a BB bubble or sausage.
I do not like the way in which Philippe Cahen gives entry rules in his book ā€œDynamic Technical Analysisā€ .
I personally think we can do better!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

The [B]Bollinger DNA method[/B] has started a number of threadsā€¦

[B]Gravitonā€™s [/B]thread has been going for a while and is, of course top quality!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Lets list the threadsā€¦

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/33733-multi-time-frame-trend-trading.html

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/35022-xxtrizzlexxs-journal-amended.html

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/35197-ironhearts-trading-journal.html

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/35183-perchtird-dna-journal.html

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/35265-timberwolfmk2s-trade-journal.html

I think we are slowly taking over the Babypips forum!! :smiley: :smiley:

These threads make excellent reading and I am thinking of referring to them in the final PDFā€™s.

[B]In addition, all newcomers to this thread should immediately log in to the chatroomā€¦[/B]

Bollinger Band DNA - FOREX Trading using the Tymen Bollinger Band Strategy

I love pouring over all of these threads. PDFs are golden as well. Grade-A stuff. Tymen if you get a chance please read my thread on picking a broker for this system (as a newb). I would love your input.