The finest in trend trading

hi tymen and all :slight_smile:

I unable to login to DodgeV83 chat (bandsdna.*servebbs.*com) for some reason any more
my Internet Explorer could not connect to Dodge’s server :o

I am wonder how to see the pips amount that I did in dealbook ??
Is there such option available?? I only found $ amount in the statment, but I would like to see how much pips I made
any one else who use this platform can give me advice please??

Also I would like to ask do you connect to the gft server from your platform thru secure connection port which is htts??
Would you please paste for me url which you have for the connection with server in your login window. thanks

Gerard

Pleased that you have the indicator working okay. If you have any problem relating to DealBook and/or ChartStudio I will try to help - particularly with regard to Indicators used in this thread.

Small world: I am a Lancastrian - Lancaster being my home town, though I left many years ago. Still have relatives there and in Kendal.

Ken.

thank you for slopemeter indicator tymen and all programers!
I am thinking is there a way to add to indicator few more very thin slopemeter lines.
for instance, 1H is in blue, 4H in red and so on. So we can see the settings for particular pair for few more timeframes while we are trading 15min chart :confused:

Also these lines would remind what trends are on other timeframes.

Thanks Ken. I am from sunny Blackburn. The only issues I am having at the moment is understanding how to place orders to fit the TP1 and TP2 targets on GFT. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gerard

RenLa

I am not aware that there is any such option. In my case it is easy though. That is because I have a Spread Betting account with GFT. With this you do not trade ‘lots’ but bet at 1GBP per pip. That is the minimum but obviously you could have a larger amount, say 5GBP per pip.

As I use my demo account on 1GBP per pip, I can see exactly how many pips I have won or lost because it same as that shown in the statement.

Ken.

RenaLa

I do not think that this is possible. Tymen is looking into the setting for the ‘pipdiff’ for different timeframes. Then each timeframe would have a copy of the indicator attached and the specific ‘pipdiff’ set.

My way of working is to produce a separate Workspace for each currency pair that I am interested in. As I use a two monitor setup I have the Workspace panel on a different monitor to my charts. I can then click in the workspace window on the ‘pair’ that I am interested in.

Within each currency pair Workspace I have all the timeframes, with indicators available that I am interested in. This I do by having produced the first chart (which will be a tick and quite small) then copy and paste a number of other charts. Then set each to the timeframes that your require. Remember that you can then cycle through the individual time charts quickly by the + and - buttons on the top of the chart.

By this means you can quickly move between pairs and timeframes.

Hope that this helps.

Ken.

thanks Ken, as I know Spread Betting account available only for UK residents.
dealbook is nice platform, but no option to see pips amount. its kind weird :rolleyes:

I created separate workspaces. I have one workspace for all euros pairs that I am interesting. Other workspace is for all aud pairs and so on.
When I open my platform it is very slow even if I use two laptops.
may be open one more account to to improve sped performance?

Have you mention that when you login to your platform it downloaded wrong amount and only in 30-40 seconds its changed to right amount you have??? Everytime I login to my platform I do have such things. I dont know what to think :confused:

Gerard

I am still following the development of Tymen’s system so have not actually placed any trades using this. But will when we come to the end - firstly on my demo account.

However in DealBook there are a number of methods for placing trades. I remember that on the GFT uk website there are some video demo of the methods but they are not easy to find.

My usual method is by watching the Price Action on the chart. When I am ready to Enter, right click and usually just buy (or sell). I then go to the the Working Positions and Open Positions Workspace and set Stop Loss and Take Profit. Though you can buy with P&C (OCO) at the time of right clicking on the chart.

The horizontal line symbol on LHS of chart can be set to buy (or sell) at a predefined value and hence can be set to enter at a specific price. You may have to right click over this icon to change it from drawing a line to a line with buy feature. So this can be used to enter or a TP line.

Hope that this helps.

Ken.

RenaLa

We each have our own preference for setting up DealBook and as I mentioned I chose to make each pair quite separate in an individual Workspace, with each time frame for that pair that I require available. Because I only have the Workspace panel on the second monitor it can hold all the pairs (and the other necessary workspaces) with ease.

You imply that you have two laptops each with a separate account. I didn’t think that was possible, or do you mean a demo and a live? I have to say that DealBook is very slow loading for me also. I usually login and do something else until it settles down.

When I first login there is NO currency showing for the account. Then sometime later (perhaps 30sec) it displays the value in my choice of currency - GBP . I wonder if yours shows immediately - perhaps with a native USD value and then reverts to your chosen currency later?

Ken.

I’ve taken it down in preparation for my new plan (whatever that may be) to deal with the limited upload speed on my server. I can keep it up for chat/voicechat purposes, but I would prefer to wait until all of my ducks are in line :slight_smile:

I will explore the line further.
Thanks Ken

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

What i do is when i enter a trade i right click on the order line and on the menu i click on “protect position” i do 1 OCO for TP1, and i either do another for tp2 or i just do a stop loss for that position and monitor the 2nd contract to see if i get a walk or not.

many ways to do it just play around in demo and find which one you like.

Yes I knew it! I thought your last name sounded dutch, sorry, hi Tymen been a quiet one following your thread, got a bit excited been reading for daaaays trying to catch up on the thread on page 385 at the moment, just wanted to say: Tymen dank u wel voor alle lessen als ik een beginner ben, ik weet het, niet voor beginners maar het is de moeite om het te proberen dacht ik, ik kan niet wachten tot ik helemaal op de hoogte ben!
:smiley: Thanks a lot Tymen for starting this thread!
newbie dutchie trader in the NT in Oz

Hi Tymen and all

Thanks so much for such an exhilarating mindblowing read.!! It’s been quite a page turner. Far better than any airport thriller I have ever read. I am really grateful to you and all who have contributed here for the generous sharing of wisdom. It has certainly been appreciated. I can’t wait for the ending (and the final PDF).

I am now trying to consolidate what I have learnt so far and do some demo testing. I hope I can do it justice… Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again

Kylie

Yes, [B]trish7[/B], although I can read/understand what you are saying, no one else can.
So do keep your future posts in English and remember we have all nationalities here, including Swedish ([B]o990l6mh, Honorary FX Member),[/B] French, ([B]Didier[/B]), Spanish ([B]Aserat[/B]) and Italian ([B]RenaLa[/B]) and many others. :wink:

As a newcomer do not be surprised to find the work difficult - I have been trading for many years and have a maths/science background. :slight_smile:

You will need to persevere and advance. :wink:

Ah ha.
Joined us at last. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am now trying to consolidate what I have learnt so far and do some demo testing.

You will need to re-read the methods here many times over before it sinks in!!
A lot of it is advanced work.
When I started the topic on trading without indicators and introducing the CBL, [B]I did warn everyone that it was difficult work not suited to beginners!! :wink: ;)[/B]
Go to the chatroom and study the PDF’s of the method that have been kindly supplied by [B]Merchantprince[/B]…

Bollinger Band DNA - FOREX Trading using the Tymen Bollinger Band Strategy

I updated my pdf file, the cbl omnibus (credit MP for new name). I cannot upload it here as BP corrupts the pdf file, you may download the latest version here: <please check back for update for file>

Thank you [B]Hordane[/B] you are doing a great job, collecting together all the relevant posts of this thread. So large is the resultant PDF file that you have had to use a third party to host it.

I have successfully download your file but by using the free option there is a limit to the number of downloads per 24hrs. It will only deal with one download at a time. Also note that there is a time delay before the download starts and also you may inadvertently start downloading a poker program - well I did!

So fellow members, if you find that the file will not download because the max number for the day has been reached you will need to try again tomorrow.

Ken

That won’t work, pulling the link location until I can figure out a solution that won’t cause such issues. I’ve contacted BP, hopefully they can tell me what the issue is and how to resolve it.