The finest in trend trading

Graviton, how do we set our BB to 3.3 deviation? I tried it but it just return to 3. I use MT4.
thanks,

Hi Mario
to set BB to 3.3 in MT4 . Go to the custom indicator menu and select bands. This will allow you to set any deviation

The way that I do it is use the “Bands” indicator found in the Custom Indicator file. When you click on it a “Custom Indicator-Bands” window will open up. Under the “Inputs” tab double click on the numbers to the right of “BandsDeviations”. You can then change those numbers. Click “OK” and you should be done.

The regular Bollinger Bands indicator can only be changed to whole numbers…at least that is my take on it.

You can also use this window to change the colors of each of the lines of the Bollinger Bands. I like to have the middle line a different color…like red.

Admin removed commercial message posts so fast it made my head spin. Hoo Ray!

Hello [B]Tymen[/B], I hope everything is well.

I just wanted to extend my congratulations on a great thread and thank you for all the effort that you have put into sharing and teaching us your trading methods. Last week I received my Dynamic Trend Analysis and Bollinger on Bollinger Band books. I am halfway through the DTA and have to say that thanks to this thread I am able to fully understand all of the concepts in this book, with ease. I know it would not be as enjoyable if I hadn’t studied this thread first. I’d like to thank [B]Graviton [/B]as well for sharing the wisdom that he has gained over many years of experience trading this market, this thread and the “Multi-Time Frame Trend Trading” thread are priceless!

Hi everyone

Please see the following chart on a trade I took earlier. Please excuse the lack of info on the chart but I am no good with paint etc but you can see the 2 lines drawn on the chart being the CBL (large candle cut in 2) and the PCL set at the high of the extreme candle. The trade was short and the general trend has been down.

Entry was made at the close of the red candle and BB’s were level.

Is this just unlucky or am I missing something?

PS The trade is on the second page of the pdf. CBL was 83.778 and the PCL was 83.945 which was hit

you should of banked some pips when it hit the mid bb. i usually move the stop to break even then, so it would not of been a losing trade for me.

Cutting the extreme candle in half would have given you an entry of ~83.82 if you take the high of 83.95 and the Mid BB of 83.68. I wouldn’t have waited for the candle after the extreme candle to close - I would have entered during the retracement. Would have then closed out the 1st position once Mid BB was hit at 83.68 and moved stop to breakeven on 2nd position. This would’ve been stopped out during the 2nd candle after the extreme candle.

This is what I would have done if I hadn’t been stuck in a stupid USD/JPY long trade which I finally managed to get out of with that push just over the 84 level.

Now this was quite a read…
I"m sorry to hear that the rural life isn’t working out for you, Tymen. All I know is that if I"m in the city too long, I start getting a little crazy…
Looking forward to the final pdf’s.
If your not happy with babypips, get dodgev83 or MP to help you make a forum attached to the chat and whiteboard site. Or, ask BP admin to make you a moderator, and you can clean your threads yourself.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/30564-how-post-charts-forum-upgraded.html

Sorry, I could only guess at your trade here. This was a short trade? So which is your entry line and which is your sl line? I just can’t see what you are doing here at all.

I have been cutting the candle body in half and not the total including high/low but even including the high/low the following candle would have pierced the CBL and I did wait until the candle had closed but unfortunately it had already hit the mid BB before it closed.

I know the doji to the right did not hit the mid BB or even the green candle to the right again but would you have taken both trades out at that stage?

Just finding all trades are going like this at the moment and have been having a bad run. Everybodies thoughts/criticism is welcome.

Mark

Hi Graviton, it’s probably my bad computer skills.

If you look at page 2 of the pdf I have 2 horizontal lines, one was the CBL at 83.778 which was the large extreme candle cut in half and the PCL was 83.945 which was later hit. The trade was short as I suspected the action was going from the upper BB back to the mid or lower BB.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Didilut. I think I am having problems as I do not have enough posts on the forum yet.

When determining the distance in large extreme candles you use the high/low and not just the candle body to get your CBL. The trade would have worked out ok for you as I described in my first answer to you. The extreme candle closed and after that price dropped down through the CBL at which point you enter the trade (or opt out if you don’t like the look of it). You don’t need to wait for the candle after the extreme candle to close. Once price pierces the CBL that’s your cue for entry and you hope to ride with it the rest of the way to at least the Mid BB. In the case you posted earlier price dropped to the Mid BB and you take TP1. P2 gets stopped out later at B/E.

Just barely. If you want to get good comments on your trades, you need to work much harder to be more clear. I see the short trade on the 2nd page of your pdf. On the first page you had a very good short comming out of the squeeze on the left. After that you have no trade as the price walks down the bottom BB and goes into a no trade zone, so long trades are really not recommended out of a no trade zone. I still have no clue as to what you were trying to do in the first page of your pdf.

On the second page of your pdf the short trade is clear. I have a rule to only trade with the next higher level trend, so I can’t say if I would have taken this trade or not. If the next higher level trend was down at the time of the trade, I may well have taken it and lost as well. 20 to 25% of these trades will lose, perhaps a little less if traded in the direction of the higher level trend. If you cut your losses short and let your profits run, you should still do well on most of these trades.

Thank you all for continuing to post.

Thank you [B]Grandmaster Graviton[/B] for answering many of the newbie questions.

To the newbies, I say that you are very fortunate to have input from such an experienced trader as [B]Graviton[/B]. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I am still here, getting on with things after recovering from the abuse last week.

The [B]Profit Walk method[/B] is completely ready except for the quality stoploss + exit indicator that I am designing for it.
It is an extremely difficult piece of programming work compounded by the fact that I am still learning the CTL language. :eek:
However, [B]Ken DoubleU[/B] in England and me are in constant contact by email and he is teaching me the finer points of the language.

As a result I am learning very rapidly and success is on the horizon.
I hope to have the breakthro for the program for this exit indicator by the weekend.

The [B]DNA PDF[/B] is also underway.
Fortunately that is much easier to do.
When it is ready, I will submit the first edition for critical examination and corrections/additions/modifications. :wink:

Excellent Tymen.

We all appreciate all your hard work and efforts.

I must say, I’m a bit concerned with all of the new posters giving us their charts as…pdfs.

Given the recent (and not so recent) animosity towards Tymen on this forum, I would advise everyone be a bit cautious with opening pdf attachments to view charts.

Avoid poison PDF malware

Symantec reports that suspicious PDF files skyrocketed in 2009 to represent 49 percent of web-based attacks that the company detected, up from only 11 percent in 2008.

…

The action causes Adobe Reader to produce a confirmation popup, which gives you a chance to halt the attack by clicking the ‘Do Not Open’ button, but Stevens found that attackers could tweak the pop-up’s message. His example reads, “To view the encrypted message in this PDF document, select ‘Do not show this message again’ and click the Open button!” Using such a message, attackers could allay potential victims’ suspicion.
’

Look at all the anti-virus software that failed to detect one such PDF vulnerability:

Obfuscation Extends the Life of Adobe PDF Malware | Optimal Security: The Lumension Blog

So, that being said, please post charts in-line so people don’t have to download anything.

really looking forward to seeing ur latest work tymen:)