The finest in trend trading

This 3 chart idea reminds me of the strategy Maurizzio77 uses with the EMA Step. I don’t want to go off topic or wander into another discussion but basicall the Step uses confirmation of 3 indicators on a chart. If you don’t find one on the D. then go down to the 4H, if not there down to the 1H and so on. After you find the 3 confirming indies on whatever TF they happen on, you use the upper and lower BB for TP & SL. What’s interesting is that as you enter and watch on say the 15M and it is going your way, you move up to the next TF and adjust TP & SL to that BB. It is possible to go up 2 and 3 TFs. I find these 2 strategies basically saying that instread of drilling down, drill up. Interesting. d

It seems to me that having a signal for a possible trade on the timing chart would be beneficial to us if we use price alerts/SMS messaging. Such a signal brings us back to the computer regardless of time of day to look for confirmation on the home TF that a good trade is imminent. At least that’s the benefit I take from it.

1 Like

That would have never occurred to me, but thats actual a very good point.

[quote=“TalonD,post:640,topic:31864”]

TalonD

Are you still trying that reverse Strategy ? :rolleyes:

John

Tymen,

I wanted to thank you for the reference to GFT. I not only watched the videos but I also decided to open a demo account with them. Their customer service was outstanding!

Hi Dobro

Sounds interesting. Where can I read more about this. Do you have a link or something?

http://forums.babypips.com/show-me-money-daytrading/1109-ema-step-system.html

From Tymen’s post #1024,

[B]We enter at the timing chart MMACD crossover and confirm that entry on the home chart later.

To get maximum efficiency we enter on a timing chart and then we exit on the Bollinger bands.[/B]

I had a rare three days off this week and had nothing to do with myself. So I decided to take a couple hours and skim through this thread. Nice work Tymen. You have a style of teaching that is unseen anywhere else on any forex forum.

Keep up the positive work!

still interesting Thymen, whith the “tryptic” I saw than an looser trade can be closed at BE cause the “timing chart” give an early signal, that’s important to protect against this false signals too.

waiting for next step, I loaded next indicators on my chart and see somethings interesting I think :slight_smile:

cheers

Greg

Great thanks to tymen for your great work. Look forward to your further research.

Best regards

Sorry I am a bit tardy in posting just now. :o :o

The house moving is very much on my mind.
Plus the heat here is making me feel like a meat loaf in an oven. (another 39 C) (sigh).
This heat is leaving me exhausted - hail to cooler weather.
For all you snow bound people, at least you can put clothes on but it hard to take more off when you already have taken all off. :stuck_out_tongue:

It is much cooler now, so its back to posting!! :slight_smile:

Great stuff - did you go thro Kinetic?
If you did, they will give you the demo indefinitely instead of just 30 days with GFT direct.

Thanks [B]mastergunner99[/B]. :slight_smile:

Great to have you here!! :slight_smile:

Interesting!! :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Cara!! :slight_smile:

Welcome here.
Soldier on!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Now the demo of GFT is closed right now so I cannot post charts from them.

However, what I can do is teach from my database and there is an important secret there that I want to show you…

Have a look at the following Bollinger Band bubble >>>

This real live chart has the price action rubbed out in Microsoft Paint.
You can only see the outer and mid BB.
The ends of the bubble are coloured yellow - they are not important in this lesson.

Note the black vertical line in the middle of the bubble.

Now note the black line labelled price action.
On the left of the vertical line, the price action is walking the lower BB.
On the right the price action curves inwards and ceases to walk the BB.

The lowest price action occurred somewhere near the black vertical line.
(very important - take note of this.) :wink:

Now look at the upper BB.

You will see that up until the black vertical line the upper BB was expanding and after the black line the upper BB is contracting.

This is a very important connection between the price action and the opposite BB.

[B]For a clean BB bubble…

…if one of the outer bands expands with the price action walking that band…

…then the opposite band will expand also but then suddenly contract when the price action ceases to walk the band.[/B]

Now let us bring the price action into that bubble >>>

According to the darkness rule, the yellow candles are up candles and grey are down candles.

You will see that the price action is a little erratic with up and down candles.
Where to exit? :confused:

F1 and F2 are yellow up candles - false exits.
There is a better exit further on marked R.

You would have no way of knowing this unless you knew the above BB rule.

By knowing the BB rule, you would exit on the close of R, which, although not the lowest point, is still a very good exit point.

Note that there is another yellow candle after R.
The candle R and the 2nd yellow candle are retracement candles.

According to the 2 candle retracement rule used earlier on, we would exit at the close of the 2nd yellow candle.

You can see then, that exits with the BB rule are superior to exits with the 2 candle retracement rule .

Knowledge is Power!!
:smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Now let us look at a BB expansion which does not fit the nice description of a clean bubble >>>

In this case we see 3 verical lines - 2 blue, one black.

After each line, the opposite BB (the upper one) contracts.
But only the black contraction is the genuine one - the 2 blue ones gave false exits because the price action continues downwards after them.

In this chart we have introduced a parabolic sar indicator (standard settings).

I have used the GFT line settings because the dots that the sar produces are not easily visible on this chart.
However, I have added the dots in red.

The parabolic sar can be used as a trailing stop setting. (more about this later).
Note in this example that the parabolic sar crosses the mid BB.
This crossing does not always happen.

The crossing point makes a good exit point - the crossing point is labelled X in this chart.
You exit on the close of the very next candle, which in this case, is the last grey candle.

That is an excellent exit point!!
In fact it is the lowest close on the downward (short trading) BB walk.

It lines up correctly with the BB rule for exits. (opposite BB contracts after the black vertical line).

1 Like

very interesting tymen, I have an first question: do you use same rule for exit than entries regarding tryptic, that mean did you use the “timing chart” for confirm an exit on your “home chart” ?

thanks again

Greg