The finest in trend trading

Problem is: Tymen did not revile yet what REALLY to do with the drawn lines, his chart with the moneybag is just hinting and it will be differently from what he hints. As always, he is usually good for a surprise. :slight_smile:

LOL yes Tymen (aka Gandalf ) is a master of mystery

Can someone pls post the support and resistance indicators. i don’t think its on MT4. Thanks

Very interesting concept Tymen!

I’ve checked in every now and then, enduring the indicator part :D, now we’re getting to my area of interest.

As usual I have learned something from you!

Looking forward to the continuation.

Hope the house moving is going well and happy easter!

Hi all, during tymen mooving house, I think it will be interesting to share our ideas about this strategy, you’ll find this chart, not convinced about it, what do you think ?

cheers

I think you are supposed to draw them in yourself.

just an idea, not tymen strategy: what about take an long trade on a pull back with an UP trend, not safe than wait for reverse ?

Try it on a demo. Then you will know.

look gregart for my idea … but its too risky
actually, I am not happy with count down metod

This is right, as things stand with the info Tymen has giving so far, use the CBL on the retracement unless the price action is too close to a s&r line drawn from the higher time frames of daily and 4H.
Wally

Note that the daily has a double top. Also note that the last 2 major up turns are almost exactly the same distance…shown by the two red lines. The first one is 1,145 pips and the second is 1,162 pips…17 pips difference…amazing over such a distance. Looks like time for a major drop. I have marked my reading of the CBL entry points with a red horizontal line. For the brave souls the 15 min looks ready for and entry short.

GBP banks have holiday tomorrow. But important news friday morning for USD. If it is negative USD news the USDJPY could go down which would also cause the GBPJPY to drop. At least this is my take on this scenario. Any one have an opinion on this? Please let me know if my thinking is right or wrong.

I been thinking about the CBL and maybe how to program an indicator for it. Is the CBL the same as the 3rd highest high in a downtrend and the 3rd lowest low in an uptrend?

Anyone confirm or disconfirm that this may not always be the case?

You will need to follow the rules as set by Tymen. If you look back at the charts, you will see that the last candle (number one) is where you will set your Stop. From this candle you will move up (or down);
to the left until you meet the next candle;
move up (or down);
to the left until you meet the next candle;
move up (or down). This will be your entry.

By following this procedure you will not necessarily end on the third candle as you had suggested. It will be all dependent upon the relative lengths of the candles as you move to the left. Therefore it could be for instance, candle number seven.

Your indicator will therefore have to take this variation into account. Good luck. Ken

g’day Tymen,finally got through your whole thread,I am another newbie to forex and can’t wait to get started.(got a bit lost in all the different threads and systems,I decided to follow yours,to many systems out there) Thanks so much for this exciting thread.
Could you please tell me what time of the day is the best for trading here in Oz,I am in Qld and as I am stuck at home with Ross River Virus it gives me plenty of time to experiment :o or maybe other ozzie traders could let me know what time of the day you trade :rolleyes: and maybe another simple trading system worth having a look at,as Tymen will be busy moving for a while…Cheers!

Hi Joey and welcome to the thread. This may be boring but concentrate on learning one system at a time. Practice loading the S/R and drawing the CBL’s. Check out how to post charts and revisit the school. Please don’t be tempted to rush into things

Daryl Guppy (Aussie :)) has a trading system with the CBL system. He is using it on stocks. He or somebody that works with him made a EA already. Other people are looking for the EA too, but could not find it so far for free. :eek:
Tymen may then put his own “spin” on this CBL system.
However, it would be nice to have a Indi you could just click on the candle and it would draw the CBL lines, or it would draw the lines Auto always after the close of the last candle (any TF) ;):wink: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Daryl guppy’s book on “Trend Trading - seven step approach to success” am i correct 99

But tymens approach top,left,top,left,top - bottom,left,bottom,left ,bottom is easy to understand (there he stands… )

Actually No :slight_smile:

I was not reading his book I found this PDF where he shows it in 2003. Attached.

TrendTrading.pdf (343 KB)

Maybe I worded my post to be a bit confusing, what I meant was the 3rd highest high in a downtrend and 3rd lowest low in an uptrend. This is different from the low of the previous 3rd candle in the trend. I hope I haven’t confused everyone. If so just ignore my post. :DGuess I had better learn how to upload images to make myself better understood. (Thought I could get away with not knowing.:p)

Practiced some CBL line drawing and some demo trading, I ended up snagging almost 100 demo pips. I like how clean this system is so far, looking forward to reading more.