The finest in trend trading

thats great. Tymen will surely have some refinements to add, so beware. Initial success should not tempt anyone to live trading yet

Which currency pair and what time-frame were you demoing?

i was thinking about it also
to program CBL indicator (from my point of view) you have to assign the values such as high, low, close, and open of the candle to the variables
then you have to compare the high of the first candle if its within the range of the previos candle

if not then you go to next previous candle and do like this 3 times

but I think its not necessarily to code and I dont know programming language eather

Oh I know better then to live trade yet, plus I my own price action that I live trade, this was just to kill some time and see how things are going.

GBP/JPY and EUR/JPY using 30m and 1hour time frames, again I was just bored and wanted to see how it worked on a lower time frame, (I trade live off of 4hr and daily candles)

If I donā€™t go to Miami this weekend I plan on working on a CBL indicator over the weekend, might as well put all the university coding I was taught to good use. If I make progress Iā€™ll post it here.

I think Miami closed the city this morning for the weekend to anybody.
I think you can start with the coding already. :smiley:

here is my example of CBL long and short entry, support and resistance lines

As you can see CBL long entry equals to 61.8 fibo level retracement.
I believe that the price at this level will turn around and will go down.
I shouldnā€™t make long enter. Am I right?
For some reason CBL lines donā€™t work for me :frowning:
or I do something wrong?
thanks

I just pulled up the weekly EUR/JPY chart and I drew a CBL, my long entry would be at 128.33 (give or take a few pips depending on broker). I didnā€™t draw out the pips but for that entry what I would do is wait for the fib line to be broken and then enter 2 positions.

Girlfriend takes priority, I will battle my way into Miami if I must lol.

I do want to do a little bit of it this weekend.

Thanks kockneerebel,Will do, its tempting to rush into things. Do you know what the best time here in Oz Qld is to do demo trading,not sure about the times when all markets are open,I have been following Cowabunga system to start with,just to keep me going but canā€™t wait to hear more from Tymen,heā€™s gr8! easy to follow for a beginner

Hi RenaLa
sorry I cannot see your entries on your chart. can you expand your charts ?

Hi Joey
I am in UK but market times are
Syd 10:00pm
Tok 1:00am
Lond 8:00 am
NY 1:00pm
all bst
best trading is usually London and NY

This break without Tymen feels like the end of Season1 of this TV series. Whilst we are waiting for Season2, I am getting withdrawal symtoms and like everyone else here, probably speculating what the twists and turns will be in the coming Season2 of the series based on the ending of Season1.:smiley:

I spent some time yesterday using 5 minute timeframes for a number of currency pairs. This was not for any trading reason but for gaining experience in the count back line method, as outlined by Tymen.

What I have observed is a number of the submissions to this thread have given examples where the outcome was known. In other words, using the benefit of hindsight to choose where to start drawing the count back line.

What I had been trying, was to construct the line ā€œas the plot developedā€. By choosing a 5 minute timeframe, and a number of pairs, you had much more opportunity to test what would happen in a real situation. If you look at the examples of Tymen, his was on a developing situation: not showing us where, with hindsight, the line should have been drawn.

You may also find this of benefit in establishing where the correct point is for trading a reversal. And as said previously, with a five-minute setting you get many more opportunities to follow the price action and set a stop loss and entry level.

Hello people!! :slight_smile:

I just have a break between moving to make a few posts to keep this thread going until I return proper.
Would not normally post during Easter but it is the only opportunity I have just now.

Having just read thro many of the last posts, I have noticed that the thread appears to have lost its way - gone off the track.

With [B]Kockneerebel [/B]and [B]Master Tang[/B] in charge ([B]Master Tang [/B]is not here), [B]Kockneerebel [/B]has done a great job in guiding the thread back onto the rails again.

[B]Kockneerebel [/B]has an obvious leadership gift and I ask that all readers, in posting, follow his and [B]Master Tangā€™s[/B] guidance.

I am going to outline where we are at just now.

[U]Outline so far of the naked trading methodā€¦[/U]

[B]STEP 1[/B]

Pick a daily chart and find at least [U]2 SR lines[/U], one on each side of the price action.

[B]STEP 2[/B]

Switch to a 4 hour timeframe and add some more SR lines.
The total number of SR lines on your chart should be about 5/6 in all.
Do not add too many or it will clutter your chart.

[B]STEP 3[/B]

[U]Stay in the 4 hour chart.[/U]
When the price action starts to approach an SR line, then begin to construct count back lines.
If the price action bounces off that SR line, it will eventually cross your CBL and you have an entry.

If the price action continues and ignores the SR line, then you will have opportunity to construct a new count back line when the price action approaches the next SR line.

[U]Note that the CBL will give an entry in the opposite direction that the price action is currently moving.[/U]
That is, if the price action is going up, your CBL will give an entry for going down (short).
And vice versa.

[B]STEP 4[/B]

When doing entries stop worrying about the spread.
Your entry is your entry.
The spread is included in it.
For example, if your spread is 3 pips, then you have to make 3 pips after entry before you make profit.

[B]STEP 5[/B]

Do not forget to set your stop loss at the high/low point of the 1st candle in the CBL.
[U]Do this in the 4 hour chart.[/U]

[B]STEP 6[/B]

Set your TP1 at the next SR line in the price direction.
Set your TP2 at the 2nd SR line in the price direction.
[U]Do this in the 4 hour chart.[/U]

[B]After entry, retracements may occur, causing a drawdown.
But a trade is not complete until either the TP or the STOP LOSS is hit.[/B]

So we wait until one of those two happens.
Since we are entering 2 contracts, we simply keep going after the TP1 is hit.
The stop loss is moved to break even, and then either TP2 or the stop loss will be hit.
When one of those is hit, the trade ends.

Later when I return, we will greatly improve the efficiency of the trade.

We will also look at other timeframes.

But for now, just follow the guidance I have given above.

Here is a diagram showing the steps I outlined above >>>

Practice the above on your demo chart and see how you gol.
Do not give up if the price action hits the stop loss instead. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the guidance post Tymen. I hope that your move is going smoothly

Thank you Merchant Prince, for posting that PDF outlining the construction of the count back line.

I now here show what is optically, a more pleasing way for you do draw the count back line >>>

In this new way of drawing, the rule is stillā€¦

bottom, left, bottom left, bottom.

However, when you go left, draw right in to the centre line of the candle.

That is, when you go leftā€¦

if you hit a wick, you go alongside the wick.
if you hit a body, you go into the body to the centre line of the body.

The diagram shows it clearly.

You will find it is an easier and more visually pleasing way to draw the count back line.

My moving appears to be going smoothly - just a car hiccup.

I am [U]very, very grateful[/U] for your immense help on this thread in keeping it on track and answering the questions that are posted. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

With [B]you [/B]dealing with the leadership, [B]Ironheart [/B]with the programming, and [B]Merchant Prince[/B] with documentation and PDF construction, we have a dream team going!!