The finest in trend trading

oh men, late in class :frowning:

Well, I won’t be sleeping tonight!

Hope you’re happy! :p;)

Hmmm, DNA is a twisted double helix. Of course, it has to be unwound to be of use. There are two bolinger bands, not counting the sma in the middle. Hmmmm. Speculating…

Don’t forget the AT-CG crosslinks… I think I’ll save my poor brain and just wait for the resolution.

Maybe RNA is involved too :smiley:

I also got the book, but never read it so far.

Today i gave it a quick look and saw that its also dealing with the maths behind the Bollinger Bands. Maybe Tymen found something in there, changed the calculation behind it a little and [B]tadaaa! [/B]=> 98% wins!

Woooh! :eek:

No seriously im not sure, but my guess would be that the DNA of the BB means something like that.
The DNA of something carries all its information. And i think this would then be the math behind the bollinger bands.

What tymen could have possibly found there i dont have a clue.

I looked at the math behind it today and it went like this:

Mental preparation
opening the book

• "[I]Tymen maybe found something there. I can find it also![/I]"
    Minutes later
  • "[I]C’mon, find some inconsistency, find a glitch it it![/I]"
    More minutes later
  • "[I]Wow, if i turn the book around this mathematical sign looks like a worm![/I]"
    closing the book
    sipping some tea
  • “[I]Tymen must be the ultimate Jedi-warrior of maths if he found something there[/I]” :slight_smile:

While we wait for Tymen’s return, I thought it might be fun/useful to discuss the characterisitcs of “The Ideal System,” recognizing from the outset that those characteristics may very well differ widely across our population of forum participants.

So, here’s a first cut for me:

The ideal system would be one which:

1. Has a high win/loss ratio (ideally, it would win all the time but I’ll settle for Tymen’s 90% win rate)

2. Has a high reward/risk ratio. I’d love to see 2:1 or better but I’ll settle for anything over 1.5:1.

3. Has a moderate trading frequency - say, 2 trades/week/pair.

Trading 5 pairs, the system would produce 10 trades/week. If I risked $100 per trade (2% for a $5000 account) and made 3% on my winners, I’d have an Expected Value of E = 10*(.9150 - .1100) or about $1250/week.

Yeah. I could settle for that. What about you?

Don’t worry about the math. Because of the nature of stock prices (or prices of currency pairs) they are unlikely to be characterized by a “normal distribution” where 68% of the data can be found within 1 standard deviation, 95% within 2 standard deviations, etc.

Just think of the plots as displaying something you might call the average of the (usually) 21 data points used in the typical BB calculation and something you might think of as the variability of the data around that average and you’ll have a pretty good idea of what you are looking at.

Funny you said that, I thought the same thing, especially when he posts charts with the black exit line through the BB’s.

Anyway, we’ll have to wait in suspense.

For me, the #1 criterion for an ideal system is it produces no losing weeks. If you have that you will never go bust and that gives you a lifetime to figure out how to increase the profit. Of course, since any system will produce a few losing trades now and then, you’d have to give up on only trading two times a week.

Thanks for participating in this exercise.

That’s not two trades per week. That’s two trades per pair per week. And the expected value calculation includes a loss factor - granted, not in terms of number of trades but in the form of an expected loss percentage.

Good going tymen1,

You’ve managed to successfully get my mind wandering from my homework as to what in Earth you could have possible discovered that would give you [B]approximately 90% returns[/B].

Wow. As we say here, “I rate da man ee” (Read: I give you great props)

Cheers,
xXTrizzleXx

I must be a lot older than my age… I speak English and pretty fair Spanish. I have communicated in American Sign Language, took 13 hours of University level German, managed to get around in Japan (barely), learned a bit of Danish when I was in Greenland and I have to admit that…I aint got a clue what you just said!

But I know it was complimentary…so I share your sentiments…:):slight_smile:

BTW, where is “here?”

:stuck_out_tongue:

I almost expected such a reaction, but you get it, so more power to you!

“Here” would refer to the Caribbean, more specifically Saint Lucia :slight_smile:

Cheers,
xXTrizzleXx

PS. I didn’t know that posts were restricted to 4 images - guess you learn something new everyday.

Thanks. Saint Lucia…down in the land of English, Kweyol (sorry 'bout missing accent marks) and a few others. Never been there…maybe someday.

re: Number of posts. There are folks who watch us carefully. I got chastised very early on for posting a link – didn’t know I couldn’t. Been watching my step ever since.

Well, my guess and it’s purely a guess based on the clues given, is that the Bollinger Bands are supposed to encompass 98% or so of the price action with a 2 standard deviation so maybe there’s a 98% probability that the price will go back inside the Bands? The thing is I have no idea what the signals would be to trade on such a basis!! :frowning:

Thank you Tymen, for the update on Grace. I wish her continued and upward good fortune, with a friend like your good self, Graces life has surley started on on a happier phase.
Best wishes to both of you, you are in my thoughts and prayers

Interesting, who has modified fibs in my chart, probably brownie elf :slight_smile:
Jcgibson, anyway thank you for information

Btw, in your post 1572 you said that you have EA that alerts when PA is close to a SR line
By any chance do you have EA that alerts when there is the first candle free of touch BB I still look for such alert?

i got a mate who speaks 5 different languages.

Here is my example of tymen’s system

I was thinking …
how to monitor the trade at night? will your system take care of TP orders?