The Forex Portfolio - How to Gain Consistent Profits by Staying in the Market 24/7

Yeah, it was a trade personality test of 15 questions and in the end the first suggestion to read base on my result was this thread and was pretty accurate cuz I love this method and sync very well with my personality :slight_smile:

If Iā€™m understanding things correctly, MG99ā€™s strategy relies on portfolio diversification and risk - so when you say you want to take 2 trades, that to me contradicts the whole strategy. Open up 10 trades (all with a good reason to take the trade) and make sure the pairs are not correlated or at least heavily correlated. Anyone jump in here if I am wrong here ā€¦

No. I donā€™t manually close trades. It hit a stop I had.

Thats mean that if the trade is going against you, you put a SL and let the price do their thing. If the SL is hit then the trade is close but if not you just ride the wave for more pips?

Thatā€™s exactly how I do it.

Donā€™t think your wrong mrchilled. IMO the beauty of mg99ā€™s portfolio method is the broad diversification. After the London close Iā€™ll post this weekā€™s results on my simple ā€œprevious weekā€™s candleā€ concept, right now itā€™s looking pretty. :smiley: And IMO itā€™s because of the diversification.

Look forward to it. So why not add equities, commodities to the portfolio? I guess this then becomes hedge fund territory.

I am trading 3 ducks along w/ your methodology. Keeps me out of a lot of trades, but my win % is decent except for early this week when I got creamed. Clawing my way back up now!

This week ran my demo with two sub-accounts using two different ā€œportfolioā€ strats. One of the strats needs more work, got confused, missed some entries, etc. So we wonā€™t talk about that one yet. :56:

Hereā€™s the simple strat I used this week, almost the same as last weekā€™s.

I opened the charts Sunday evening around 01:00 GMT - 8:00pm EST and reviewed 24 pairs.

If the previous weekā€™s candle was a strong bull candle, I entered a market buy order.
If the previous weekā€™s candle was a strong bear candle, I entered a market sell order.
If the previous weekā€™s candle showed indecision, lack of conviction. I passed and did nothing.
Ended up placing market orders on 20 pairs and passed on 4.

I placed the position size at Ā½ the account amount, 5000 units per order, 10K demo bucks account.

At todayā€™s London fix, 16:00 GTM, I closed all my orders with a 05.4% gain. During the week there was over 02% draw down, so donā€™t be fooled in thinking itā€™s ā€œRISK FREEā€.

Last week I did almost the same thing and had 04.7% gain. So Iā€™m thinking of playing on demo a few more weeks and if the results continue Iā€™ll open a live sub account. See how it feels with real money. :44:

Hereā€™s a list of the 24 pairs I reviewed and my BUY, SELL or WAIT rating.

AUD/CAD BUY
AUDCHF BUY
AUDJPY BUY
AUDNZD BUY
AUDUSD WAIT
CADJPY SELL
CHFJPY SELL
EURAUD SELL
EURCAD WAIT
EURGBP BUY
EURJPY SELL
EURNZD SELL
EURUSD SELL
GBPAUD SELL
GBPCAD SELL
GBPJPY SELL
GBPNZD SELL
GBPUSD SELL
NZDCHF WAIT
NZDJPY WAIT
NZDUSD SELL
USDCAD BUY
USDCHF BUY
USDJPY BUY

Thanks d-pip, thatā€™s interesting data, wonder how it will play out in the longer term!

So, your getting your market bias from the previous weekā€™s candle, right? Are you planning on testing your 1 Duck method for market bias too?

Could you tell me what entry price you shorted for CHFJPY and your total pips on close?

Somerandomusername,

I donā€™t know, I trade 12-15 pairs using the original-real-live 3-ducks method with real money. This past week I noticed playing on the demo was distracting me from my real trading.

If I can workout a simple routine where I can keep up with demo-ing the 1-duck method on daily charts, focus on my real-$$$ 3-ducks trades, and get at least 4 hours of sleep a day, maybe!

Shofouforex,

Sold at 101.29 ā€“ closed at 98.88

d-pip

They say that sleep is overrated! :slight_smile:

That just about is the laziest trading I heard on this thread yet. It took what, maybe 5 minutes for you to analyze the market. How dare you pull 5%! :slight_smile:

Those in losing positions speak up please. Itā€™s important to know how to take a loss effectively.

5 minutes, who has 5 minutes to spare these days?? :slight_smile:

ahemā€¦:8:ā€¦well I didnā€™t have a great week but not all is lost yet. The 3 short trades I had this week hovered in rather large DD for most of it. I finally set a stop on AUDCHF because AUD seemed to be gaining strength over CHF, and after the news last night, it hit for -116. The big surprise was waking up to +100 on GPBUSD, and AUDUSD was about +10. Iā€™ve now put a stop on GU to lock in some profit but not yet on AU which is at around -5 ATM.

It seems I donā€™t have enough trades open to call it much of a portfolio so will have to maybe loosen up my selectivity criteria a bit.

My initial recommendation would be to stop trading like a girl and man up.

Thereafter I would kindly suggest posting a chart so we can dive in and discuss the loss and optimal management of losing positions.

Sweet Pip

Out of interest, what is your selection criteria?

I am up 4% in equity as I write this with 11 trades currently still open: 6 are currently in loss and 5 in profit. I am leaving all of them open over the weekendā€¦