The Forex Portfolio - How to Gain Consistent Profits by Staying in the Market 24/7

My analysis for today. Closed to trades for a loss of -94.2 pips

[ol]
[li]EURUSD bias short. Current price action is very weak, without moves, traders are waiting for more news to make their move. Price could go up and thus I have my stop near a S/R.[/li][li]NZDUSD bias long, but that could change if current price continues at this level.[/li][li]USDCAD bias long, waiting for my entry. I think it will go down for a while, and I’m going to wait until I see a clear signal to buy.[/li][li]USDJPY bias long. Price is at the 61.8, I think one need now a reversal pattern to add following the bias. I’m moving my sto pat the 100% retracement, because if price closes below that level, I would consider my trade wrong.[/li][li]AUDJPY bias long. Price is making a strong retrace, it is on the 88.6, and I would consider my trade wrong if it breaks below the 100 %[/li][li]AUDNZD bias short. Pair is moving slowly, and I think maybe I entered too soon, so I’m moving my stop to previous lower high[/li][li]CADCHF bias short. The 161.8 extension could be a good place to look for profits, because there are some news that could affect in near term. I moved my stop locking more profit.[/li][li]CADJPY bias long. Price is on a S/R and about the 61.8. I moved my stop because I’m looking big red candles and that don’t like me.[/li][li]CHFJPY bias long. This is still inside the triangle, and should break it in less than 5 days.[/li][li]EURAUD bias long. Moving nicely my way[/li][li]EURGBP bias long. Stopped out for +6.2 pip profit. I would like to see a bullish pattern to buy it again.[/li][li]EURJPY bias long. Inside a range that I consider a pause before the news.[/li][li]GBPNZD bias long. Made a new S/R that I’m going to use to move my stop and lock more profits.[/li][li]NZDCHF bias long. The current move is so extended that I removed my entry until I see what is happening here.[/li][li]AUDCHF bias short. Moving my stop to previous lower high to lock profits. I see the price is at the extreme low of my channel and I think that could trigger a retracement.[/li][li]NZDJPY bias long. Currently trading around 61.8. Want to see a signal to buy here, if it breaks the 100 % I think I will reassess my bias.[/li][li]USDHKD bias long. It is inside a range or something like a forming range. This could also be a reversal and a move short, so I’m going to be very careful about what this is doing.[/li][li]USDSGD bias long. Pair barely touched my entry line, but because I require a bullish bar to open below and close above, I’m still waiting. I want to see a pattern for continuation on the up trend.[/li][li]EURCAD bias long. Moved my stop to previous low because previous candle signals some resistance.[/li][li]EURNZD bias long, not moving my stop.[/li][li]NZDCAD bias long. Stopped out for -156 pip loss. Waiting for a signal to buy again.[/li][li]BRENT bias long. If price makes a bearish formation and closes outside my channel, I’m going to reassess my bias.[/li][li]XAUUSD bias mild long. I think it could go up in the near future, but I need more signals.[/li][li]XAGUSD bias neutral.[/li][li]EURCHF bias long. Price is retracing more, I hope it to retrace until the 78.6 level; at that point I will look for a bullish continuation to buy it.[/li][li]GBPCHF bias long. Waiting for signals. My stop is tight enough.[/li][li]USDMXN bias short. Price is making me to think it again. If i see another bullish candle, I will move my stop.[/li][li]GPBAUD bias neutral. Current price action on weekly and daily view shows strong buy. To decide if I buy or sell the pair I will need more information.[/li][li]AUDCAD bias short. I moved my stop to previous lower high because i see the pair made a green candle that could start signal weakness.[/li][li]GBPCAD bias long. Locked more profit to previous S/R[/li][li]GBPUSD bias long. Price is moving north for now.[/li][li]AUDUSD bias short. Price managed to extend the down move, but I think there is too much risk to short it again a this price.[/li][li]USDCHF bias long. Well, the MG99 point is again here. Wait until candle is closed to place a trade. I must learn this and make best effort to avoid fall in temptation. Moving my stop some pips below previous day low.[/li][/ol]

My analysis for today.

I started looking at very specific candle patterns on key levels to help trigger entries and to move stops. To know, stars, inside and outside bars with confirmations. Also, for moving stops only I’m looking for pinbars on key levels.

Note that sometimes I look for this patterns as 3 candle patterns, but some other times I look for multibar patterns, like when the star candle is formed by 2 or more “star like” candles.

Note also that today I had strong loses on BALANCE, but my equity is still above initial deposit. As a personal note, I need to remember to move my stops on losers the same way I move them on winners, or maybe more aggressive.

[ol]
[li]GBPAUD bias neutral. Looking for more signals to define my bias.[/li][li]EURNZD bias long. I see a just formed outside bar, so I’m moving my stop to the right level. Locked profit: +476 pips[/li][li]EURJPY bias long. I’m looking and I see mixed signals. I’m moving my stop just below S/R[/li][li]EURGBP bias long. Waiting for a signal.[/li][li]EURCHF bias long. Price is pretty near the 78.6 level, where my entry rests, maybe tomorrow I will buy the pair.[/li][li]EURCAD bias long. Moving my way, no signals, but I see a good S/R to move my stop. +257 pips locked[/li][li]EURAUD bias long. Bullish outside bar found. Above my channel, so I’m moving my stop to lock profits. +266 pips locked[/li][li]CHFJPY bias long. Waiting for my entry.[/li][li]CADJPY bias long. Price made a bearish pattern, also big red candle, so I’m adjusting my stop.[/li][li]CADCHF bias short. Price is moving my way. Just made an bearish outside bar move, so I’m locking more profits. +277 pips locked.[/li][li]AUDNZD bias short. It made a higher low, and that could pose a risk, so I’m reducing my stop to the previous pattern stop level.[/li][li]AUDJPY bias long. Stopped out for -584 pips OUCH! biggest loss for the moment I think (you can check and say ouch on myfxbook) Waiting for a signal to buy it again.[/li][li]AUDCHF bias short. Moving my way, just made a bearish outside pattern, so I’m locking more profit. +155 pips locked.[/li][li]AUDCAD bias short. Previous candle closed like a pinbar, so I’m moving my stop. +40 pips locked.[/li][li]USDJPY bias long. Price touched the 100 % retracement. My stop is near that S/R so I’m not moving it for the moment. If this trade is really wrong, tomorrow will be closed because the NFP.[/li][li]USDCHF bias long. Price moved to the south and stopped me out for -103.7 pip loss. Waiting for a signal. Something that I’m looking now is that price action gave me two bearish patterns to move my stop and I failed to do that. Some reasons are HOPE and maybe GREED; another reason could be BE TIRED, so I’m adding two PIPs to my trading at the bottom of my analysis[/li][li]USDCAD bias long. Price just made an evening star at key level with confluence of upper trend line, so that is good reason to not make any trade on it.[/li][li]NZDUSD bias long. Price just made a bullish pattern (star) on key level. Not moving my stop because it happens to be at the right place for this pattern. If my trade is wrong, it will be stopped out tomorrow for sure![/li][li]GBPUSD bias long. Bullish pattern today, moving my stop to lock profits. +30 pips locked.[/li][li]EURUSD bias neutral. Price made a new higher high after making a lower high. It was stopped out for -359 pip loss[/li][li]AUDUSD bias short. Waiting for a signal to entry[/li][li]BRENT bias long. Price is wondering what to do. Not moving my stop yet.[/li][li]XAUUSD bias neutral. Some signals that the bottom is here for gold, will see in next weeks.[/li][li]XAGUSD bias neutral. The same as gold.[/li][li]USDSGD bias long. Waiting for my signal.[/li][li]USDHKD bias long. I tightened my stop a little because I see a bullish inside bar and that bar gave me a new stop level.[/li][li]NZDJPY bias long. Waiting for my signal. I see most bearish signals for the moment, but my bias say long, so I’m waiting for a long.[/li][li]NZDCHF bias long. Pair is at the bottom of a huge range channel (+500 pip width!) It is not respecting the S/R. This level is a major one, so maybe the price respects this. Next major level is at 0.71, will see if the price extends to that level or not.[/li][li]NZDCAD bias long. Waiting for my entry point.[/li][li]GBPNZD bias long. Locked more profit because I see a outside bar. +296 pip locked.[/li][li]USDMXN bias short. Price is around a S/R and a trend line. Just made a pattern against me, so I’m moving my stop.[/li][li]GBPJPY bias long. Waiting for my entry. Current PA is bearish, and I see a some type of head & shoulders pattern in progress, so that could move the price up to 143.31, waiting for my signal.[/li][li]GBPCHF bias long. Price is on the 23.6 % retracement and is wondering what to do. My stop is so near that tomorrow this trade could be stopped out.[/li][li]GBPCAD bias long. Moving my way, but I think it is time to move more my stop because it is near S/R and upper part of my channel. I’m moving my stop to previous pattern place. +245 pips locked.[/li][/ol]

I’m evaluating this other pairs: EURINR (3 pip spread) and USDINR (5 pip spread). That is Indian currency. I see they are not very liquid, so I’m thinking about them.

PIP1: Never trade tired, if at the moment of market analysis I’m tired, better take a nap, and try it again later.
PIP2: Try to handle HOPE and GREED in a better way. HOPE can be controlled by using objective levels. If price failed to respect that levels, hope must go out of the game. GREED can be controlled using objective signals at key levels. If a reverse signal happens to be on a key level, I must tight my stop, trying to lock some profit if possible.

You’re on point with fine tuning your exits in both profit and loss.

I personally give for more leniency to a winning trade then I do with a loser. And if I locked in profit, I become even more liberal with the stop.

Are you tracking your average wins and losses as well as your average gain or loss? That’s a pretty good measurement of how your portfolio is functioning.

My losses exceed my wins, but my gains far exceed my losses. So when you work the math I have continued to maintain my edge in the market.

WOW! I learnt a word today: leniency (lenidad in Spanish)

Myfxbook is tracking my wins and losses and also the average gain or loss. Also it does some stats like MFE/MAE, profit factor, expectancy and others.

At my current point I have 29 % of winners and my average loss is greater than my average win, but only have 14 trades. Most of my current running trades are in big number of pips, bigger than the average of course (by 3 times, some 4 times), so I think I’m in track to get similar results as you.

MG99, please clarify me something I don’t remember on your trading: do you leave your trades open on NFP?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=“medisoft;497960”]MG99, please clarify me something I don’t remember on your trading: do you leave your trades open on NFP?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

To your prior post, the other thing you definitely need to concern yourself with is a positive equity regardless of the account balance. If that’s positive and your average gains exceed your losses provided on conjunction with a win rate that creates a positive edge, then whatever the day brings is irrelevant as you gave developed a profitable edge in the market.

It’s expected that your initial balance will drop as its generally anticipated that you will cut your losses before you collect a win.

Now, for your question. NFP is just another trading day. Sometimes it pays me well, sometimes it kicks me in the balls. I really don’t think much of it.

4 for 4 at the moment.

I had closed out all open positions when I headed to Mexico. All work was forbidden. I wasn’t even allowed to read a nonfiction book.

Building the portfolio back up.

[QUOTE=“medisoft;497959”]

WOW! I learnt a word today: leniency (lenidad in Spanish)

Myfxbook is tracking my wins and losses and also the average gain or loss. Also it does some stats like MFE/MAE, profit factor, expectancy and others.

At my current point I have 29 % of winners and my average loss is greater than my average win, but only have 14 trades. Most of my current running trades are in big number of pips, bigger than the average of course (by 3 times, some 4 times), so I think I’m in track to get similar results as you.[/QUOTE]

Hey Medi, I’ve been following your posts with interest as I am also live with this. It’s interesting to see the similarities and differences. I wish my platform was compatible with myfxbook, it’s a great tool.

A couple of things.

I’m amazed at the sheer number of trades you are in. At times, you seem to be in every pair. Always more than me.

It is definitely normal for your balance to drop initially while cutting your losers early on. Also that your win/loss ratio and your average win is not great.

My only concern when I see your stats would be your average loss… It’s quite high at 300 pips. Nevertheless, it does not necessarily mean that it’s not in line with your trading strategy and a winning edge. Right now, to me, it seems to be the more relevant stat.

[QUOTE=“jackHandey;498041”]

I guess when you trade demo accounts, it doesn’t really matter what happens to your account. Just remember there are people applying your losing strategy to real-money accounts and will pay the price for your bad advice. But I guess all you really care about is looking like a hot-shot on the internet.

You’re quickly turning into the latest “flash in the pan” guru… guess it was just too tempting to fill the space that ICT left. You’ll leave in disgrace, just like your predecessor![/QUOTE]

I guess it was also too tempting for you to join babypips today, go directly to this thread and post your only 3 posts here in a pathetic attempt at trolling.

Should anyone place any weight on the comments of a 3 pump coward that hides behind a username and a penguin avatar? Really? That desperate you are for a little attention?

Oh… and don’t bother replying. I will ignore you.

You are obviously bitter about something to attack this thread. If people lose money because they applied another person’s advice or techniques, that is THEIR fault and no-one else’s. Respect this thread and the forum or spoil someone else’s party …

I am actually making money with this system Jack… If you read the entire thread, you might make some money also. Although we all got the idea of this system from mg99, I am sure all of us have tweaked it to our own style. I know I have. But to down mg99 because you suck at trading Forex… that seems to be a personal problem…

yeah, you are right, but you must consider that my trading account started on May 10, and I had not time to close enough winners yet, only losers, so that stats are incomplete yet.

And about too many trades open, I think is because I need more patience for my entries, something that I’m developing, so you are right, I have so many trades at moments.

Today I was stopped out on various trades and only open trades now are almost winners (only 2 red, 10 green). Nevertheless I need to be more patience waiting my entries.

It is nice you are making money :slight_smile: In my previous account I made money also, but it took me 4 months to develop enough winners, and I got 40 % of my account before I switched to a new one dedicated only to this method (on May 10). So based on my stats I need 1 month more to start closing big winners.

Hi sorry for this stupid question do you give signal when to enter a trade

I haven’t traded this way for a month or so now, no real reason for that, but I found that I was often heading into losses by taking trades the night before. So I felt my accuracy was lacking and I’ve now been trading just 1-2 pairs day trading.

However the main thing id say that’s changed my trading is from the use of no stops, I’ve had to ride out some 100-150pips against on some pairs, but generally holding on for a day or 2 more and I’ve come back in profit and then been able to let them run when in my favour, but I still seem to close a lot of my winners too early.

I’ve had this account since the end of 2011, and from when I started this method you can clearly see the positivity its had on my account since starting the last week of march

This is a live account, and I started this method with £2300, its now at £8800 which I am pretty pleased with :slight_smile:

If anyone here is using their fibs but still on a 6 day week chart, look to change to axi trader, or another offering a 5 day week chart, it’s made a huge difference on my decision making when drawing fibs

[QUOTE=“shohidul92;498242”]Hi sorry for this stupid question do you give signal when to enter a trade[/QUOTE]

No.

At most individuals have provided analysis on what they see in the market. This thread is based on a methodology of trading and not a specific system of rules. As such, those that have found monetary success have done so because they took this idea and made it their own.

Hola Medi, saludos desde el sur del continente :slight_smile:

Medisoft, looks to me that you are letting your losers run to your stops… of course this is my personal opinion since I do not know your strat in detail.

Now you have most winning trades open… but what if they reverse and you have to close them? you will end up with more losers or at least cutting your winners short…

Have you proven the edge of your strategy? Cause no matter the time frame, you still need an edge over the maket.

My analysis for today

I was hit by the NFP today. As I wrote yesterday, most of my loser trades were closed by the stop so my balance is low. Also my equity is below initial deposit, but most of my open trades are positive at the moment.

I feel very confidence on this methodology, and I know that the bigger amount of money risked is playing in my mind making me over trade. To overcome this problem I wrote “the rules” near my monitor and I’m ensuring to follow them the best I can.

[ol]
[li]AUDUSD bias short, but no signal. It also shows something like tweezers pattern that could be the end of the down move. Waiting for an entry.[/li][li]GBPAUD bias short. Price is at my max on all the daily and weekly data. This could be a very good returning point for the down move, but no signal for the moment.[/li][li]EURNZD bias long. Looking at this pair and previous one I’m seeing a pattern… on this winning pair I’m looking for shorter moves and on GA longer term trend. Could that sign that I should look for not too long term trend to define my bias? Or maybe look for longer term and medium term to go in the same direction? Well, no signal to move my stop, so it is there and static.[/li][li]EURJPY bias long. Stopped out for -494 pip loss. Waiting for my signal[/li][li]EURGBP bias long. Waiting for my entry.[/li][li]EURCHF bias long. Just bought it because it made a good buy pattern at the level I was expecting.[/li][li]EURCAD bias long. No signal to move my stop.[/li][li]EURAUD bias long. No signal[/li][li]CHFJPY bias long, waiting for signal to buy. Current candle could be what starts the buy pattern.[/li][li]CADJPY bias long. Stopped out for -444 pip loss. Waiting for my signal to buy again.[/li][li]CADCHF bias short. Current candle is very bullish. My stop is near the high of today’s candle, but has not been touched.[/li][li]AUDNZD bias short. It is making a retracement. It could very well make an extended retracement that will kill my trade. Current stop is pretty near price.[/li][li]AUDJPY bias long. Current candle could signal a buy. Only a confirmation is needed![/li][li]AUDCHF bias short. Current candle is a well defined pinbar on a S/R. Enough to move my stop and lock more profits.[/li][li]AUDCAD bias short. Moving my way.[/li][li]USDJPY bias long. Same as other yen pairs, current candle could signal a continuation on the buy side.[/li][li]USDCHF bias long. Green candle today, another green candle that closes above 0.9430 will make an inside up bar triggering my entry.[/li][li]USDCAD bias long. Retracing. Waiting for my entry signal.[/li][li]NZDUSD bias long. Stopped out for -283 pip loss. I see some patterns that could signal the bottom of the move. Waiting for a buy signal.[/li][li]GBPUSD bias long. Showing some resistance at 1.56. Waiting for a signal[/li][li]EURUSD bias short. Currently in a correction. Thinking about using small trends (corrections) to trade if the expected move is big enough…[/li][li]BRENT bias long. Just broke my triangle and ended green today, after some days in red.[/li][li]XAUUSD bias neutral. It is looking as a buy , but still needs more signals.[/li][li]XAGUSD bias neutral.[/li][li]USDSGD bias long. Waiting for my entry point.[/li][li]USDMXN bias short. Waiting for more indications[/li][li]USDHKD bias long. Waiting for more indications.[/li][li]NZDJPY bias long. Making a retracement. Waiting for my signal.[/li][li]NZDCHF bias long. In a huge retracement. Waiting for my signal.[/li][li]NZDCAD bias long. In a huge retracement also. Waiting for my signal. Current candle was so bearish![/li][li]GBPNZD bias long. Moving my way, no signals. Thinking again to use shorter term trends inside a big, maybe multiyear, channels.[/li][li]GBPJPY bias long. Made a beautiful pinbar on a support! This could trigger the buy pattern I want to see![/li][li]GBPCHF bias long. Stopped out for -259 pip loss, just to move again up, too bad.[/li][li]GBPCAD bias long. Stopped out for +244 pip profit.[/li][/ol]

I think no one in this thread is giving signals. We are only posting what we think.

Proven but only for 4 months. On live account with small equity.