The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

The market is dead… Time to work on patience…

No tycoon I didn’t see it. haha I guess I should pay more attention to what people are posting in here. I didn’t trade this yesterday though. Did you trade it? It would have been beautiful.

Finally got an entry on the Aussie this morning. Price finally broke the 1.02 level went back down and set up an OTE on the 1.02 fig. Hope NY session is good to me :slight_smile:

Crap I forgot about the FOMC meeting today. Hope they dont plan to do anything stupid. hmmm with that thought in mind I am screwed :46:

Thanks for the session last night ICT. Man you can go over material a million times. But when its done live in front of you.
What a Difference.

Cheers

With regard to the reflection pattern, I completely understand what it looks like but how do you know whether you are going to be presented with an OTE or a reflection when trading live?

If someone could please help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

James

I didn’t trade yesterday because ICT mention in the last review that it would be unwise. Its good to see the tools working though and i’m glad we are noticing the same things!
I think by show casing a new pattern every week will help us be more flexible and more rounded traders…This is sooo much fun!!!

All 4 1, 1 4 ALL

I like the analysis of your trade and wish you good luck.
Make sure to bag the 20pips, and move sl to be (or get out before 16:30GMT :slight_smile: )

I am not a frequent poster here so I am only commenting for myself.
At weekends I take a glance at the COT reports for each pair that I trade. It takes about 30 seconds per chart just to identify if we are at a yearly high or low in commercials. I also check the key news stories that may affect the weeks price action.

I generally spend about 30 minutes a day this includes:
Redrawing all the support and resistance lines that may come into play during the days sessions and the rest of the week. I redraw them each day because I feel like the lines that are clearest for that day will be spotted by the smart money traders over the lines that may have been clearer three or four days ago. It’s a silly assumption in a way but the clearer something is the more people will spot it is my reasoning behind this. The lines I draw in are the ones mentioned in the ICT Support and Resistance Video in the old thread.

I then look at market flow in the way it was explained in one of the weekly reviews using fractal breaks on the 4 hour and daily charts. This determines my bias for the day/week.

I then draw in fibonacci retracements over the previous day/session move and look for a confluence with OTE, Pivot Zone, Pivot line, Round numbers.

This is all done in 30 minutes before london open. At this point I will know roughly where a trade may open up for me if at all.

I then spend the day doing no further drawing on the charts. I monitor indicators and SMT divergences if price gets near to my potential entry positions during one of the kill zones. If there are three reasons to enter I enter.

This is roughly what I do everyday I trade. However most days I don’t trade because I don’t have entries.

Hi to you all,

Please will someone be kind enough to upload a recording of the Live Session that was made last night. Its a shame I missed it as I was really looking forward to understand better this particular concept. Thanks in advance if you kindly share…

I’m not really familiar with how torrents work, but I’m downloading it but nothing’s happening yet. Hope that helps.

Mike

You must have a torrent program to open it. Utorrent works great and is free. I only issue I have with Utorrent is if you have the program running and you use wifi. It will cause the playstation network on the PS3 to not work. You have to turn off Utorrent to play Call of Duty

Edit: I don`t have permission to upload it!

Nothing works for you Lehm… :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks good to me so far havent played it yet and taking awhile to download but i see the file and that its 2.5 hours long. Are you seeding?

I will try it when I get home in about 5 hours. I will say people will want to see it. Starts of slow so if it missed the start you are not missing much. But some great stuff was covered IMO with the Q&A part toward the end.

Hey Everybody…

As i said, i’d be staying away from the thread and the entire forum this week while im trading and i have done so (or done my best) as i didnt want any of my decisions to be swayed upon whats been happening…

This week so far, i actually got back into the trading saddle on Tuesday, i made the decision as i didnt think Sunday’s action was as panicked as everybody thought, so i let the dust clear Monday and Tuesday was ready…

I see most of you have picked up on the only trade i took, which was long fiber - nailed a pretty solid entry @1.258… Most of you have already pointed out the reason, but wanted to add that i was personally watching the 1.257 level as a HTF level, it had a nice reaction from there and came back down to give the OTE at the institutional level which was pretty sweet…

Took a couple snaps when couple days ago…

Cable - Left
Fiber - Right

Yellow Line - Bullish SMT Divergence on Monday
Red Line - Bullish SMT Divergence on Tuesday

Fiber Entry

You can see my 5m OTE there, which worked out pretty sweet as i actually didnt think it would come back down as it had already rallied off nearly 45 pips, then a news release actually gave the long wick candle and triggered me in long…

As it was Tuesday, i was hoping to have caught the low of the week and my plan was to ride the weekly range upward. It was only a small position of 0.5% due to my losses last week so i was going to trail my stop instead of scaling out… I was actually planning to scale in further positions once id taken all risk out of this trade but no other opportunities presented themselves…

Market structure and market flow on the daily are aligned give us a bullish outlook i think for this week. Today though, i closed out half my position at +130 pips as we had our first bearish sign today: Key level hit on the fiber, confluence R1, smt bearish divergence… So i decided to play it safe and take some of the position off…

The remaining half is laying at +60 pips - a lot of breathing room in case the news later decides to give it a leg up…

Upside objectives im looking at firstly the big fig 1.28, and if we get a strong enough push there, im aiming for the 1.288 level. So im going to leave this to either hit my stop or go for my TP now…

If the market carry on like today, think this will be my only trade this week. Not a huge % ROI as i said it was only 0.5% a position, but R.R at so far 1:6, no complaints here… Ill be back to 1% risk on my next trade…

Apologies for the long post!

Just wanted to give a thanks to Alishijo for kicking up the question to the awesome live stream last night…
Well worth getting your hands on for anybody that missed out…

And as always, thank you to ICT for the awesome session last night :)… Oh and no ‘i told you so’ for trading before Wednesday, i was profitable :D… Oh and work was horrid after the 3-6am live stream last night lol!

Will update at the end of the week with final results of the trade - could be my first true one shot one kill as it may be my only trade for the week!

All For One & One For All!
:57:

As always I wish you the best. Looks like a winner to me. Just monitor it close lots of new coming things could get hairy for the next couple hours.

First off, well played Sanjeev.

Nitpicking, I notice when you’re looking at higher lows to lower lows on this daily basis you’re using the whole swing. Is this right? I’ve always time bound them.

In your trade:

Fiber roughly is from Friday 16:15 - Monday 20:30 and Monday 20:30 - Tuesday 11:00.
Cable roughly is from Friday 15:30 - Monday 15:45 and Monday 15:45 - Tuesday 11:45.

See, these times don’t line up, I’ve always considered SMT divergence to mean it being timebound to the same 5 or 15 minute candles, across the pairs or between the pair and USDX (preferably both personally, I use the USDX for a confirmation of the divergence, but I’m sidetracking).

Now, you could argue that the analysis holds up even if you use the same time boundries, because it does, but how you’ve presented it is not like this, so I’m wondering what your thoughts are on the matter? Timeboundries or swing points? Or both?

Either way, I want to thank you for presesnting the analysis, I’ve had it rough this month and a post like yours helps me re-orientate how I should be doing my analysis. Thanks.

Thanks Bob, i thought it all just looks like a giant bullflag at the moment, but after the bearish SMT today, dont really know… Worst case is my final half position gets taken at +60 which im fine with so will see what happens…

Thrax

This is my take on the SMT divergences ive noted since last Friday… All GMT timings matched to the relative swing…

Cable - Left
Fiber - Right

Blue Line (Bullish):
Friday to Monday - Swings Friday @ 12pm to Monday 1.15pm

Red Line (Bullish):
Monday to Tuesday - Swings Monday @ 5pm to Tuesday 8am

Green Line (Bullish):
Tuesday to Wednesday - Swings Tuesday @ 12.45pm to Wednesday 8.30am

Brown Line (Bearish):
Tuesday to Wednesday - Swings Tuesday @ 5.30pm to Wednesday 11.45am

My initial chart was just thrown up for emphasis of the divergence, but in my second chart above ive posted matching the swing to the time

Hope this can help…

P.S. Ive also had a rough month, was a one off half decent trade :57:

Hooray, first profitable trade this month! Riding it out at and engaging a 5 pip jumping stop after +50 pips, first profit taken. Remaining safe at BE. Back in the saddle! High five!

Hmmm, damn, the upload isn’t kind to a 2 screen screengrab.

Basically the Fiber was making lower highs Mon-Wed and the Cable was making higher highs Mon-Wed. The USDX eventually confirmed something was up today, making a higher low Tue-Wed.

Smelt to me like the FOMC announcement would turn out to be temporarily favourable for the dollar, so I put a sell order in on the Fiber, being the weaker of the two in this instance.

My entry wasn’t great but thanks Sanjeev for re-calibrating me into noticing this, shame it was about an hour or two too late, but I’m not going to grumble, profit is profit.

Final edit: Ok, so the entry was so poor the remaining portion got stopped out, but I’ll take that first profit thank-you-very-much. Kinda makes up for ignoring the short Cable trade this morning at LO (and ignoring the subsequent long!). Better safe than sorry though.