The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

I want to change my answer to the recent homework assignment.
I’ve been spending most of my time looking at COT, interest rate movements, market structure and S&R levels and I want to continue with that, I’m not very interested in actually placing trades at the moment.

Yep. I was thinking about things last night and I am changing my goals. My goals are to read, read and read some more. That’s it, nothing to do with placing trades or making a profit or loss. Simply to read.

I’ve had a bit of an ephinany about ICT, at least how I perceive him. He’s not really my mentor anymore, he’s more like the class swot, my friend. Now the thing about the swot is, he’s done all the reading and he’s very organised and he’s very well prepared in advance. The friend side of him has advised me to read some books because these are the ones that really hit home for him and I’ve not done that. So I’m going to do that, read the material.

The more I listen to ICT and the less I presume I know enough to trade succcessfully, the better I understand how little material he has covered, despite the apparent vastness and end to end coverage of what has been presented so far. I want to understand more about pattern recognition in charts, if I’m going out there to be a successful technical trader and I don’t understand the patterns to look for, then I feel I’m setting myself up for a fall.

First book, Street Smarts.

Mantra: A statement repeated frequently to aid concentration.

Yes I do have this. Well it is a sticky note on my monitor, perhaps I could do better in repeating it more frequently!

It reads:

“Be Consistent… and you will be awarded consistent results”

I like it because it reminds me that if I am consistently disciplined, the results will be consistently good. If I am consistently undisciplined, the results will be consistently bad.

Hi guys, i am new to trading and was wondering if you could suggest any videos I can look up on YouTube or subscribe to. Also any books or sites I can sign up to. Thanks

Very nice mate. :slight_smile:

I find if you repeat your mantra before you place every trade, it helps challenge your reasoning and eliminate a lot of trades placed out of psychological error.

I was thinking of going into spread betting rather than trading in the actual market, any advice?

look to post #1 of this thread.

Are you in Uk? Spread betting is working good for me!

grab ahold of something… :slight_smile:

Actually, that’s no help at all. The first page of this thread is (kind of) required reading for anyone interested in this thread. Absorb what ICT, or InnerCircleTrader is telling you in the intro video and the text and go from there. That page contains links to quite a few videos but just begin at the beginning and start working your way through them. You can come here for questions.

Mike

I’m re-reading that, just going over the chapter on Wolfe Waves, but noticed chapter 14 - A Picture is worth a thousand words, spikes, ledges and fakeouts, it’s very insightful if you look at what is happening in the charts.

Hey, yep I’m in the uk, over the past week I have been looking into online schools and watching videos on YouTube. How Tough has the recent market been as I aim to start spread betting within the next month

Thanks mike, I have watched the initial video, really cool and exciting, I am working my way through the texts and I feel am picking up the information at a reasonable pace but some of it still seems abit tough to grasp. Are there any other videos on YouTube you would recommend as I find these better teaching tools

You’re welcome J :slight_smile: - And welcome… J… :slight_smile: Unless I’m mistaken, all these videos started life as YT videos - does that help? :slight_smile: To be honest, I came here 3 years ago and dove into demo trading with visions of sugar dollars dancing in my head - and promptly blew out 2 demo trading accounts. This time, I ran into the ICT thread and it stopped me [I][B]dead[/B][/I] in my tracks.

What stopped me was the personal responsibility concepts that ICT started his video series with. Essentially, he said “If you don’t get risk/money/emotional management down first, you stand a [I][B]very good[/B][/I] chance of being driven out by your own bad habits or thought processes or ignorance.”

I don’t know how much you already know about trading and how to do it, but I’ve had to start from scratch. Self-discipline was and is the most valuable trait I think I can develop regardless, so that’s where I’m putting my effort. If you want, there may still be a link to all the ICT material somewhere around here. My being methodical about it has made the last 4 weeks [I]immensely[/I] productive in terms of learning how to trade successfully and I recommend it.

Mike

\

Happy birthday old man! :slight_smile:

Wonderful advice. Thank you very much. I know very little but I’m very much looking forward to the roller coaster. Will be in touch. Thanks again

Hi Jdoto88… all the links you will need to learn how to be successful in this, you just have to put in the time:

InnerCircleTrader - YouTube
Babypips Inner Circle Trader - live streaming video powered by Livestream
Babypips.com Inner Circle Trader - live streaming video powered by Livestream
https://twitter.com/ICT_Babypips
http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/36328-what-every-new-aspiring-forex-trader-still-wants-know.html
School of Pipsology

Have fun and enjoy it! :slight_smile:

Hey crew,

Can anyone please tell me if they have encountered woopra-ns on this site. I have looked into it a bit and it seems like it is some type of tracking beyond babypips. Really? IF this is the case then I guess when you think you are looking at a “free website” you are giving up your freedom of having someone snoop into your computer. Man I hope my suspicions are wrong, but if they are found to be true, That blows big time… Disturbing to say the least. PLease chime in on this, as I don’t allow people I don’t know into my house, my computer is an extension of my house and I believe that they should be treated like any other intruder that violates my space, first a dog ripping your arms and legs off then a bullet.

This isn’t meant to be threatening at all, I just view my space as my domain and cannot stand big brother! If you want to come and visit only have to ask.

http://forums.babypips.com/bugs-suggestions/44728-virus-alert-woopra.html

:slight_smile:

Thanks SanJ,

Is there a way to go around this other than using a public library? I am thinking about some type of proxy server or a dedicated machine. Any suggestions?