The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Excuse me but…are you sure?
tp1(50%) means 0.545=22.5 pips
tp2(50%) means 0.5
95=47.5 pips

tp1+tp2=70 pips!
Am I correct?

Hey thanks… I guess I need to take in account the trend and not try to catch the bottoms and tops.

Wouldn’t you think this is the grounds for a turtle soup entry? When price drops through short term resistance it could be that they are cleaning out stops for a move higher. That was my thought going into this trade. Clearly the wrong thought but still… lol

Newby question

As my English is not perfect, I would like to have an explanation on ICL concept

In this video, Price Action Examples & General Knowledgeon Babypips Inner Circle Trader - live streaming video powered by Livestream

Mickeal talk about “Market Structure” & “Market Flow”

Anyone could explain and ideally put a snap picture to explain the differences between those 2

Any help appreciated

Martin :slight_smile:

Not gonna lie, it does hurt a little knowing if i just held on and didnt go for a scalp id be sitting on 110 pips at the moment lol… Anyway, shouldn’t complain when im in profit…

Anyway, as we are looking largely bearish, finally we have matching MF in the cable and fiber… If tomorrow presents an entry short, my targets will be looking at:

Fiber:

200 swing extension lies at 1.2370, close to weekly S2 (at the institutional level), and also puts us on the 79% retracement of the daily OTE…

Cable:

200 swing extension at 1.5450, mid fig and also weekly MS2, also puts us on the OTE on the daily…

:57:

Hey Martin

Check out this thread, it might help you :slight_smile:

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/45248-ict-market-flow-structure-help-please.html

Hi,

I don’t know how you do it, but I calculate pips this way:
Assuming TP1 is 50 pips and TP2 is another 50 pips, the trade together has a profit of 100 pips.

Of course, when I enter my profit in CHF into my trade log, I calculate the pip cost, which is half of the original position if I take off 50 %, with the pip value of the take profit order. So assuming a 2000 unit position, with 1000 units taken off at 50 pips profit, it would be 0.10 x 50 = 5 CHF.

Nope :)!Your risk is… 0.20/pip,not 0.10!If you lose 30 pips risk,you lose 6 CHF.If you win first 50 pips on TP1 you win 0.10x 50 pips=5 CHF! 30 pips loss=6 CHF but 50 pips win=5 CHF!How`s that? :slight_smile:

It didn’t seem you had a fully determined bias supported and I haven’t dipped much into reversal or reflection, the most I understand of it is if a precipitous move happens into a place where lets say you have a S or R on the daily, weekly or monthly, if it confluences with the trinity but hasn’t broken it, the bonds and USDX are telling you it should of went the other way because its overall move is the opposite instead of the move that occured (SMT divergence) thats your strongest indication and confluences you can get

The moral? Make sure your trade has enough room to develop before you enter and don’t take partial profits :slight_smile:

FXTraderCro,

Let`s take an example:
today fiber short at 1.2510
took half of position(50%) TP1 at 1.2480----->0.5x30pips=15 pips
took quarter of position(25%) TP2 at 1.2440----->0.25x70pips=17.5 pips
took last quarter(25%) TP3 at 1.2410----->0.25x100pips=25 pips

So total amount of pips 15+17.5+25=57.5 pips

if your risk is 30 pips=> rr 1:1.91

GLGT! :slight_smile:

…hm, and he claimed 140 pips on this same trade… this is how ‘‘megapips’’ are achieved then…

To be fair, Michael doesn’t really factor in partial closes when counting pips either… it doesn’t really matter what other people do though

I think this has became a mess. Firstly, I shorted at 1.2515 and I did not take partially profit 3 times at the levels you described. I wrote exactly where I entered and where I took partial profit, feel free to go back to my post. 50 % for 45 pips, 50 % for 95 pips. For my trade log, I calculate this as a 140 pips profit in a position. As I already explained, I enter the money value it in my log with the appropriate pip value (if I take off 1000/1000 units = 0.10/0.10). Also, the 30 pips loss was a SL that got hit on my trade yesterday, and is not connected with today’s trade. I’m very well aware that if my SL gets hit, that is has the pip value of my whole position.

As I stated several times, I’m trading on a demo account until I feel ready for a live account. Because of this, I don’t feel it appropriate to say “I just made ____ $ today”, so I’m talking in pips here, when I share my trades. If others have a different type of calculation, that’s fine, when I share my trades, I don’t just say I made ___ pips, but where I entered and exited. I don’t get the “this is how megapips are done” comment.

Hi Guys,

One more lurker here coming out in the open.
I’ve been trading somewhat successfully over the last few months with the ICT methods, after studying his methods for over a year. I’m trading both a demo and live account, slowly doing more and more on the live account.
Thankfully i’ve been seeing very positive results over the last few months, however June has been a struggle for me after a very profitable May. But I’ve held back and not taken too much of a loss.

Pipmart, I did take that reflection pattern today and took 39 pips out of that trade. The reason for that trade was the reflection with some other factors, such as price reaching the asian session low as well as a support line I had from the 26th. The mid pivot was also in play there, it didn’t quite reach it, about 8 pips short. I’m using the GMT pivots.
The general market flow was pointing down once we broke that 1.5550 level and I didn’t see much in the way of price reaching lower. So thats the reason I pulled the trigger.

I believe we touched bottom by dipping just below 1.5500 today so I’m looking for long setups again.
We are currently in a HTF OTE and looking at the COT data I see the SM is increasing their longs. Also if you look at the seasonal tendencies they indicate that we might be going higher in July.

Well… at least I hope I start getting something right again after a rather confusing June.

Good luck and happy pipin guys.

Dingalo

Hi pip…
when you decide to take the trade…beforehand you must make a decision as to your trading method.
first check out all the information as stated in my last post…and then that would have indicated that a break out to the downside on this trade could have probably meant a trend continuation in a downside direction.
under these circumstances it is a bad idea to do a turtle soup ( which is based on catching out the trend followers…based on the presumption that the trend will fail in the short term).

so if you are gonna just blindly turtle soup any break (which is a valid …decent …trading plan)…then it is fine to take the trade and lose occasioinally…but its even better if you only take the turtle soup option after some good technical analysis which backs up the plan that the breakout is going to fail.

you see you have to be careful not to put the cart before the horse…when you are doing TA.
the cart in this case is your indicators and turtle soup trading technique…and the horse is price action.
the cart can be a very good strong cart…but make sure you put it behind the horse.

my impression is that maybe you are overwhelming your trading with loads of differrent techniques and indicators and in this casee you approached the trade with lots and lots of signals in mind …the trick is to find out which signal is useful and which is not useful under the current price action.

let the horse lead the way…down the most probable route.
hope that makes sense.

Oh,no…I`m really sorry!!!I just gave an hypothetically example with no similarity with your trade.Forgive me,please!

People…$ and pips don’t matter. By themselves, they say nothing about the performance of your trading account. They are only used to overestimate a mediocre performance. The only thing that matters is the % return on your account.

It was a good trade nonetheless…

Personally, i think pip count should go hand in hand with % return on your account…

5% ROI in 50 pips, is completely different to 5% ROI in 200 pips…

I try to determine a ‘true pip count’ in terms of the size of the positions left on…

So in my most recent example of my last big pip haul trade, i closed it in two equal positions of 50% each… 50% at 130 pips, and the final 50% stopped out at +60 pips… So to me, since they were 2 equally weighted, i find the average, add both positions together and divide by 2 - a true pip count of 95 pips…

So i would basically divide the amount of pips by the % size of original lot used - if that makes sense…

Anyway, personal preference i guess…

Hey thanks for the reply! I noticed all the things you stated(Asian low, mid pivot,etc) although I have to admit I haven’t been paying much attention to market flow and market structure… so that would have helped today. Keep posting from time to time. Good luck with July!

Aaaa thanks for this. I shouldn’t let the very short term signals get in the way of larger time frame direction and price action.