The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Cable trade
First entry was at 1.5620 2%
Second entry at 1.5615 1%
Stop was 1.5650
I didnt follow the take half off rule. I was busy getting ready for work.
Exited at 1.5545 for 75 pips

Reasoning being. OTE Tuesday high Wednesday low. R1. Smaller OTE for the added 1%. I thought there would be stops at the 1.5540 level judas up out of Asia in LO. Seemed rather easy…:confused: :slight_smile:

…you still claiming 140 pips, even thought, the entire daily range on Fiber for today (so far) is 116.9 pips… hm, dont know how to call that
as far as I’m concerned you made (45+95)/2= 70 pips, the rest is just wishful thinking fella…

I’ll give you fresh example from today, instead of shorting 1 pair I decided to spread my position within 4 pairs, auto TP was set on +25 pips. question for you: did I make 100 pips (25+25+25+25) today?.. according to your logic I definitely did, but in reality I made only 25 pips. :wink:

Posting false results is a bit irritating to say the least… :58:

kubio and ake,

I use to take my first profit(50% of position) at +60pips(when I risk 30),so 0.5x60=30 pips which will cover my next loss ;).

Anyone else get the “I wanna practice?” like right after watching an ICT video it’s like i gotta open up the charts and make a trade based on the video I just watched

Also how do you guys take profit on the middle of a trade without closing it? Maybe since I’m trading the minimum with mt4 (.01) I can’t take any off?

Kubios and SanJ’s post made understand this better, I see now the logic/advantage behind average pip calculation.

Sorry for the confusion, no bad intention meant.

hey iya …if you trade a FULL LOT…you can take off many chunks…
he hehe

Alright thank you be awhile before I trade a full lot lol using real money and just started don’t wanna use alot yet til I’m more consistent and disciplined

double click on your order,then type, in the volume box, the amount of lots/mini/micro you want to close,then press close(yellow button) !

i know …a mistake on a full lot would be costly…its just a bit of humour…
hopefully you will get to that level soon…
i think if you trade maybe 0.02 lots you will be able to split the profit taking with some brokers…
other than that…if you are confident with the trade…maybe put 0.01 lot on twice…2 trades at the same point… and close one for profit as and when…
anyway good luck

Ok another question lol…how much of your margin do you guys use? Just depend on how much you wanna risk? If you use less you can have more of a stop loss to make sure you don’t get your stops ran…that’s what I do anyway I was just wondering how others trade.

I think margin requirements are different per broker. But 1-2% risk of capital per trade.

Yeah I usually wouldn’t count scaling out as a +pips, sure you took some off but your looking at % until you tp somewhere thats your pips gained otherwise %

It only makes sense if say you did 25+25+25+25 IF, you scaled in somehow or closed your orders and opened up new ones

wow… finally my fiber long (from my limit buy order…) moved up enough to move SL to BE…
at some point yesterday I got tired babysitting the trade and set one of these free online alerts… and now its going up like crazy muahahaha;) beautiful!
looks like I will start my weekend maybe even before LO;)

don’t even know whats going on but it sure goes in my favor… moved more than a hundred pips in a few minutes;)
definitely my one shot one kill…a trade which I was stalking forever;) -although it is the 3rd trade of this week…

at +50 I took a third off and moved SL to BE (normally at 30 but the alert woke me up…took me a minute;))
at +150 I took another third and moved SL to +50
currently its at around +180 but I keep my last third open and head back to bed… maybe dreaming of lamborghinis now or something hahaha;)

cheers

Pivots call all the action in the fiber today. Hard to believe this all happened in less than 24 hours!

Good job Fredfresh, dedication pays off :wink:

Greetings all.

Firstly, sorry for the long post.

Secondly, for anyone interested, or that cares, I made version 1.0 of my personal ICT reference “manual”. I mentioned previously that I was trying to put this together for myself but figured if it can help others in any way, why not share.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gWTwmu_F9LNOYr2erF0VFGDmQwFUDaU64EbguZBSwpI/edit

95% of this has came from ICT videos, my notes, PDF’s that were included in Clark’s torrent, and other contributions. Apologies for using others’ work without reference/approval but this was really intended for my use only. Anyways, feel free to use it as you wish. I will update it as needed and/or if people have any comments/edits.

Thanks in advance to ICT for helping me get to this point. Now I need to learn it, live it, love it as prep for my demo experience once I get back from vacation.

EJ

R3 overlapped with old daily (january low) 2623 SR level also … pretty nutz eh :26: …

I zone out for about an hour then I see clark msg me saying LOL EURO BAIL OUT I think to myself what for 5 mins then I look at the charts and I just say

i was gonna make something like this not as detailed tho. you saved me the trouble :smiley: thank you very much!

lol so thats what happen?
they really really really don’t want to lose that sucker (the Euro) just yet, during their political terms… too bad because I already stocked up on popcorn for the big blow/show… and now they obviously delay the collapse a little longer and make it a little more painful once it happens (as long as it doesn’t happen during their political term…):wink:

getting ripped out of sleep and see a 200 pip move for your open trade is cool, but the nap I took right after was even more amazing… feel like a clean pair of brand new sneakers.
I’ll just keep my position open until tonight and then I guess I’ll close it, because I don’t like to hold over weekends…

posting my weekly/monthly results later… time for some air

cheers

Way to go Fred.

I’d been stalking the same longs for quite some time now, on both the fiber and the cable. Up over 400 pips so far, across 3 orders.

A few things lined up to confirm this trade…

1. Seasonal tendencies/end of month
  2. Tagging of fresh liquidity on both the Cable and Fiber.
  3. OTE’s for longs.
  4. RSI divergence.
  5. Cable v Fiber divergence.
  6. Insititutional level on over-stretched Cable.
  7. Old supports on Fiber holding throughout day.

I was too embarressed to post yesterday because everyone was going short and I was watching my drawdown increase, I went to bed with faith in my analysis and for once I’ve been rewarded.

I really needed this account boost, I was only a few trades away from collapsing the deck to 1/5th it’s size.

GLGT to all.