The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Hey ICT, just wanted to share the below video with you for a great tip on MT4, could be of great use in your videos when you want to look at a specific day from your HTF analysis.

How to keep MT4 charts on same date & time?

Nice. Thank u.

Jimboharg - great tip on mt4.

Re the just posted ICT review - there is a great ‘up to the minute’ example of his Grail set up on EU on H4. Draw your fib from the high on the 11/07 to low on 13/07 and note the Stoch divergence at the OTE. I know it went past the OTE a bit yesterday (Sunday) but was still within range (for me anyway) especially as the PA on Friday nailed the OTE almost to the pip.

Have a good week all.

Edit - would post charts but using different pc’s so a bit of a pain - sorry, I know a picture paints a 1000 words!

One of the BEST Technical Analysis books published. Simplifies and breaks down trendline draws extremely well.

I appreciate clarity and simplicity.

FSK

Good morning, afternoon to all you pipsters today!

I have a question concerning the “tools” for the MT4 platform.
Are the tools “ICT Asian Session” configured for NY time or GMT or???.
I am using Oanda’s MT4 to trade and I believe it is on NY time. If the tools are not in sync, is there a way to adjust the settings so the tools are on the appropriate time frame?

Thank you all for your help and have a fantastic day today!!!

For those looking for the Seasonal Chart I mentioned in the latest video…

GLGT :57:

The indicator defaults to 00:00 - 08:00 broker time. In ICT’s videos, he talks about the Asian Range being 00:00 - 05:00 GMT time. If your broker is GMT time based, changing the default end time to 05:00 should give you a chart that shows what most people see. Personally, I set it to 04:59 as an end time. If you look at an hourly chart…setting it to 05:00 includes the 05:00 candle in the range indicator…meaning, you’re Asian Range would show 00:00 - 05:59 on an hourly chart. If you drop down to 15m chart…the 05:00 setting shows through 05:14. Hence, my preference to set it to 04:59.

But I think most people use 05:00. The purpose is to give you a quick glance of the range and price action of the first 5 hours of the GMT day.

[video=youtube_share;a0wCrK6mqyU]http://youtu.be/a0wCrK6mqyU[/video]

Stay Tuned Folks For More Details…

[B]GLGT[/B] :57:

Sorry for the delay Simr… and the tweet to help me locate the inquiry too!

The Trinity is merely a tool to help aid us in determining “likely” targets once a Monthly and or Weekly range is broken in either direction. While the Price remains inside the Trinity Matrix {horizontal lines}, we treat them as any other Support and or Resistance level and refer to the Overbought and or Oversold conditions this tool provides us.

Nothing ever makes these tools work 100% of the time and while I’d love to say this is precisely how it will unfold each and every time… I simply in honestly can not. We are best prepared for a Trade decision when we have other factors in sync with what a tool like the Trinity provides… Higher Time Frame S&R comes to mind I hope…

[B]GLGT[/B] :57:

Damn teasers…get my mouth all wet and make me wait :smiley:

Took a Long trade in EU, Bagged 40 pip’s.

Entry - 1.2200
Exit - 1.2240
SL - 1.2175

Reasons:

> OTE from Friday’s low to high
> Price reached ADR Low
> Type 2 Bullish Divergence
> Pivot buy zone + S1 Confluence

P.S - I din’t knew that today we had retails sales report and it caused that big spike. But the confluences mentioned above worked out very well. Do throw some suggestion’s on how this trade could have been performed better.

In the same trade…and still in it…sitting on +90 pips right now. Entered at 1.2189.

Holding for a little longer swing trade. Looking for a short squeeze up to the 1.2600 range to retest a significant S/R level and OTE from the 6/17/12 high to the low last week. Also, looking for price to snap back to the 18 EMA on a weekly chart. Price got pretty far south of that line and looking for a reversion.

Also, there’s a reflection from the June high to the June 27 low. After the low on the 27th, price formed an OTE, then reached a 1.27% expansion. Looking for a retrace for another OTE for the next leg down.

Do you Normally enter trades with less than a 2:1 profit to risk ratio? I am curious as I am just learning, the rest of it sounds marvelous!

…and I’m having a short pos. since 1.2283 :wink:

1. Key S/R
  2. Sell zone - Pivot
  3. OTE
  4. Market flow - Short

Does ny1 know wen ICT’s News & Events Video will release on Youtube???
im waitin eagerly 4 dat
:smiley:

Daily market flow is short. Hourly and 4 hour is bullish. Correct?

I considered closing at 1.2280. But change in market flows during today’s kill zones was a big reason to stay long for a larger retrace and higher tf OTE.

Think the teaser said it was 8/19 at 3pm et I would suppose on the 20th if he records and posts it.

Hey guys, i finally got around to starting my own thread - so if anybody is interested you can find it in the swing trading section:
http://forums.babypips.com/show-me-money-swing-trading/45820-trading-higher-time-frames.html#post373525

I’ll be posting the majority of my thoughts and analysis in there :slight_smile:

Good luck to everybody this week!

:57:

I was blown away by the last market review, made me want to start a thread and showcase the Grail system but with 2 threads already i know that would be too much for me. Once i master the two systems i’m trading i will look to do a 3rd thread on the Grail system. I will try and catch the odd Grail trade and i though i’d start looking. Funny enough there was one today!!

As you can see it occurred at NYO, it also had a small SMT divergence with the Cable at the time.
The Stochastic had a lower low while the Fiber posted a higher lower in an OTE, boom off too the races, an easy 80pips, (always easy in hindsight lol, just for clarification i didn’t take this trade, i hope it serves as an example and helps others)

Patience Pays

Pivot Calculation

Hello

I’m using Multicharts isntead of MT4. I need to create my Pivot indicator

I found these formula. Anyone could confirm that it is similar to the one use by ICT
Also, Out of these number, witch one is to be kept. R1 S1 and ???

Martin

Classic Formulas
Pivot = ( High + Close + Low ) / 3
R1 = 2 * Pivot - Low - Normal Trading Range
S1 = 2 * Pivot - High - For The Next Period
R2 = Pivot + (Resistance1 - Support1) - Extreme Trading Range
S2 = Pivot - (Resistance1 - Support1)
R3 = High + 2*(Pivot - Low)
S3 = Low - 2*(High - Pivot)
M5 = (R2+R3)/2;
M4 = (R1+R2)/2;
M3 = (P+R1)/2;