The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

Hey Scalper,
To everything there is a process. How long have you been trading?

We all go through the bumps and obstacles several times throughout our trading journey. You just have to keep at it and never give up. Your experience will grow, that is for sure.

If trading is your passion, there is no reason for you to give up.

Quote yesterday talking about SMT divergence"
After a while you will get to anticipate this happening in advance - try to imagine where it could happen, e.g.
look at todays 15 min on both, see how cable is now making an effort to reach the asian high, whereas fiber doesā€™nt have the same legs, so tomorrow morning Iā€™ll watch this, Iā€™ll look for a reach to 1.5690ish -1.5720ish, if it leaves fiber behind then Iā€™ll sell."endquote

Well it spiked to 1.5730 and then down, fiber was not interested - you could see this stop raid being set up from yesterday LC, and because fiber hadā€™nt the legs cable immediately reversed - good for 30 pips
Classis SMT on 15min cable making higher highs - fiber making lower highs - see 15min at 12.15 gmt.
I find it helpful to see where the most recent stops are on a zoomed out 1 hr chart, I know that the banks need these areas for liquidity and will move price slowly in that direction, then reach up (or down) fast.

Next stalk area - 1.5780 :slight_smile:

Hello all, I just wanted to make sure if the kill zones timingā€™s posted by Clint are still the same or any changes in it ?

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/43400-wolf-pack-ict-tools-concepts-action-21.html

On a very lighter note I guess you might want to start getting to the HTFs by first changing your nameā€¦You will get there eventually man! We all will if we donā€™t give upā€¦

Iā€™m sure youā€™ve all done the math of doubling your account every year or letā€™s be honest every month. So letā€™s put out some hypotheticals. Youā€™ve been trading for 30 years and have double your account annually. You now stand on a mountain of 1trillion. Lol I kno crazy and wonā€™t happen but my question for you more advanced and professional traders is at what point could your trades move the market? At what point could you become the manipulator sucking in the street money? Even during the Asian sessionā€¦

Oh thank god I just realized like 5 hrs later like, hmm I think Iā€™m missing OH **** THE WEBINAR.

Never lets be honest with yourselves here and go back to the reason why I laugh when people get a hold of a compounding calculator on google.

1st although doubling your account is possible annually. Dont bet your life on it as you will take drawdowns from time to time. Yes ICT show an excellent way to minimize drawdowns and maximize profits. You are still going to have drawdown. Do not kid yourself.

2nd if you trade full time and left every penny in there to compound then you obviously never needed to trade in the first place as you never needed a job or anything in your life. So now once you start to take profits out that compounding calculator is way way further from the truth. Can you make a million? Sure even with taking profits to pay bills but it will take longer than that stupid calculator tells you it will.

I dont like to burst peoples bubbles but this one needs to be. Be real with yourself and you will get real results. If you are not real with yourself you can still do grat but will always be disappointed.

The more I trade, the more real I get))

lifeā€™s too short for boring cars and cheap wine.

Yea bobmaninc my first response to every pitch is if itā€™s too good to be true then it probably isnā€™tā€¦it was just a thought process Iā€™m sure
Many people have and I was wondering what could hypothetically happenā€¦was never a serious thought. Could you or a group become a financial superpower? Or is there some hindrance?

ok, iā€™ve done a list of my problems

• my tendency to barely look at the htfs, i cant wait to got to the M15/M5 to look for any intraday session OTE
  • my tendency to trade otes without signals from other tools
  • my tendency to take profit too early. i accept those volatile intraday swings as reality, but it makes things more difficult.
  • when i tried to trade htf s/r, i again looked for intraday otes - sometimes stopped out, when the position was in profit, i took profit at 1500 gmt even if i had a swing trade in mind. and yes, the positions would have been great profit if i had let them running.

what i want to do about it:

• only have a H1, H4, Daily & Weekly open
  • focus on eur/usd and Gbp/usd
  • change my mindset from ā€œtrade every session OTEā€ to ā€œtrade only htf OTEsā€
  • trading plan - clear entry rules, at least 3 ICT concepts . i.e. ote, smt, grail

i think my problem is patience. nobody likes to lose money, neither do i, but iā€™m actually calm when it comes to that things. it hits my pride a little bit, but i forget losers pretty quick and dont cry about the lost money. funny thing is taking profits too early hits me more lol. i would disagree with mr. gekko and ā€œgreed is goodā€

well i ll just try to trade with my program above and completely ignore everything else. just as exercise for about one month or so. real money, live acc.

and ya i know its sounds ironic, so plz ignore my username lol

thanks again for everyone contributing here, great community

with great power comes great responsibilityā€¦

big money can move the market, but they face challenges of liquidity that retailers certainly donā€™t have to worry about

Also, I once read that institutional players, involved in the markets on the behalf of clients, actually envy the position of the retail trader. You see, they HAVE to fill those orders for the clients in a timely manner, while we can simply sit back and wait for the perfect opportunity.

I find having an opinion of direction on the WEEKLY chart helps alot, I use market structure but use what ever you like, tendlines, fib levels, whatever and then all the other lower time frame charts are looked at in relation to the the grand plan of the weekly. I find I donā€™t freak out at every little unexpected wiggle-waggle on the daily, 4H and 1H as long as itā€™s still in line with the weekly trend then everything is a move to suck in more street money.
Also when it comes to working out todays action, I think to myself ā€œwell if its going up it should go here or maybe here and then move OR if itā€™s going down it should go here or maybe here ectā€ in other words I try to keep my opinions of today open as much as possible.
Hopefully Michealā€™s Trading plan will help you out.

Wally

i have had trouble posting since last night (this is a test)

Actually this just struck me as a question I had before but it got lost in the back of my mind till now.

Originally the videos I remember said to target the 121 or the 162 ext levels on a fib projection. But recently and by that mean a couple months now has been preaching about the 200ext level

Why?

Very good point. Iā€™ve been reading ā€œReminiscences of a Stock Operatorā€ and one of the points that comes up again and again (after our fateful hero makes his millions) is the importance and difficulty of getting a good price to enter/exit on without moving the market.

Thankfully I think most of us are a bit away from that so far

probably just a minor glitch, tycoon.
I for one see your post (as evidenced by this reply)

127 and 162 from the current swing.

200 from the swing that the current swing is anchored from.

Wally

This is actually a good question. I know on the Aussie when in an uptrend (like we are currently) when I look to short I look to short and the 121, 162 ext levels targeting OTE. In a down trend I look to enter at OTE shooting for the 121, 162 level respectively. I have found that price goes to the 200 ext a lot of the time but will fall short by a few pips and reverse. So with that I usually look to get out at the 162% or at least tighten up my stop

Ok guys, a first attempt to see if the crystal ball works :slight_smile:

EURUSD bounced off of yesterdays low, it is now retracing, I guess 1.2250 will be reached in 40 minutes (12GMT).
We will go down again to form a OTE at 1.2230-1.2235 (12:20GMT).
This is the area where I will go long and I will TP @ 1.2320

UPDATE: 12GMT. Seems the ball is a bit broken :slight_smile: But at least the daily range is almost reached with EURUSD, so we might see a retracement

Also EU made lower low, while GU did not. On the 1 hour and 15min, it looks like a grail setup for GU

UPDATE 12:20GMT : Iā€™m going for the GU grail setup, long GBPUSD @ 1.5673, because of rejected lower low, nice grail setup on the 1 hour and 15min, (small) stochastic divergency

Iā€™ve been debating how to determine which I should use and how and so far Iā€™ve only determined for the most part just stick to the regular policy of each 30 scale out and move stops.

Except when I anticipate larger range days then Iā€™ll be shootin for 261 extensions rarely 423 unless its a weekly range trade.

But I sort of get it wally, You got your OTE on the most recent swing before the bull but the initial move was from that previous swing