The Inner Circle Trader's Millionaire Traders Guild

…ok, so it looks like SMT divergence has been breached but this is what I’m seeing on the USDX.

Type 2 or hidden divergence (yellow line) on the wider USDX with type 1 or normal divergence (red line) in the shorter term…making that an ICT Stinger…

Having seen Piphangers Homework, it got me thinking about how everyone else has their trade journals? Paper or Electronic, Word or excel?
I use excel to track my Positions and Profit/Loss. But trying to use it to record my Friday/Saturday autopsy and preweek plan never seams to work. (text & charts all mixed up) and looking back historically is a mess.

If anyone has a good method please share.

Thanks!

I use microsoft onenote it works great as you can add charts and put it into sections. I have it sectioned off into years months and weeks. Just to bad I never backed up my old data and when my laptop crashed I may have lost it. I will have to startover. I have got to figure out how to recover the data off that HDD or I will have to buy microsoft office all over again. As I only have the free version on the new laptop and it does not have onenote or a version of excel where I can continue with my cot report

I’d stress this as well - keep backups! I was maintaining my journals on my laptop (I use word for day to day stuff, with an excel sheet per trade that I paste the details into word) which was then stolen about a year ago. An online service like Dropbox or similar is free and makes sure you always have a copy of your journals.

I’ve started using Evernote as I have it on my phone as well and it all syncs, plus it is backed up somewhere on a cloud:22:. It’s pretty simple as you can throw screen shots and the rest.

Havent seen anyone post trades today, i didnt trade it as intraday things are not my plan anymore…

But for you intraday people, there was a great buy on the fiber today:

Fiber Left
Cable Right

SMT divergence between the two, below the central pivot, just below the 80 inst level, in line with higher time frame premise, right at LO…

And also, topped out at the 200 ext at exactly 3pm GMT…

Good for 90 pips!

Anyone jump in on this?

Also, only just caught up with market reviews… Happy belated birthday Michael, same birthday as my younger sister, no excuse to not remember next year :smiley:
Hope it was one to remember!

Alright Sanj, I missed out on the possible morning fibre trades (triple OTE) and thought I’d try and catch the train at the destination by going short at 1.2356 due to a number of factors (also a PivotPoint). Almost burnt my balls as it came agonisingly close to my stop but closed half out at 1.2336 and rest to B/E.

Hope you’re trading well… was meant to pop in to your thread to see how you’re doing these days.

SanJ,

got in on sunday. and then saw that London Open later on.
any thoughts on the weekly range?
hoping the market review will have some insights

Hey Trint

Nice job on the trade today, glad it worked out for you in the end… Although, i on my charts i would have been looking for an entry a little higher up…

Had my 4H OTE marked in the right area it seems today on the fiber:

The blue area being the OTE, and i hope the marked swing which i drew it from is obvious from the pic…

Although according to my rules id then look for a smaller OTE within the larger OTE - which never played out, we only had a reflection entry today:

Guess that would have been the perfect short today, but yano hindsight being 20:20 and all lol

At the end of the day, dont have to be right, or pip perfect, just have to be profitable - just like you did today :slight_smile:

That said, i wouldnt have taken a short anyway as its counter trend in my opinion… Ill be looking for lower prices to try and get in on the move higher…
Cable was pretty sloppy today, days like this where im glad ive moved away from the intraday action which usually only resulted in my losses…

Good job bro!

:57:

Awesome trade bro! Sitting on some solid pips by now it seems :slight_smile:

To be honest, im not even going to try and speculate on weekly ranges at the moment, word on the street is that August usually brings some unusual action to the markets, but who knows what the week will bring…

As long as you’ve taken partial profits and locked BE your sitting pretty regardless… Tomorrow and Wednesday may give a clearer idea of what price may do this week…

Good luck!

:57:

Sounds like you’ll be putting the crosshairs on the pairs over the next few days Sanj.

That 4H chart of yours, I actually dragged a fib from that subsequent lower high fractal and used it with other confluences (fib extensions/projections) as well as what looked like a bullish diverging dollar at the time but it just seemed to weaken (due to the stronger underlying trend possibly…) so the countertrade outcome was rather fortunate in the end.

The rest of this week seems to be quite busy with forex news, going by the calendar.

[video=youtube_share;93WxpeGh0Ik]http://youtu.be/93WxpeGh0Ik[/video]

[B]GLGT[/B] :57:

I nabbed 60 on fiber and 30 on cable
I wasn’t awake to t/p for the 90 pips because I just fell asleep however. Money is money.

I saw the judas around 2-2:30 I was talking to clark I look over and I said OH **** THE OTE LONG CLARK I GTG!

Can Please someone record the training video Inside the Range on Sunday 18th. Its only 200 seats, and ill be on holidays in village where is no internet ;(((

I know myself and one other have capping capabilities but thats 2 in however many that can and are out of the 200 seats vs how many people.

Is this called getting a little optimistic?
Just looking at the possibility of a push higher on the cable to take out the old highs around the 1.5760 price level…
Will check in around London open time to see how we look. Still waiting for price to move down into the OTE. Any thoughts?

Idk ICT sounded very neutral in his video but I highly agreed with him that rally on friday needs a bit of correction

Same thing I was looking at…

I placed a limit entry at 5674…came back and price made a low at 5673…leaving me in the dust…

This is truly getting scary…I am placing entries and exits almost to the pip of turning points…

Earlier this year I was losing like crazy and getting frustrated, now I am placing my entries half a pip away from getting triggered into good trades…

but I am not complaining, I would rather have the later of the two as a problem…

Excellent news and I saw your results from last week…very impressive. I’m curious, what would you say was the turning point for you? You are not just trading off the trading plan you and ICT developed so was there something (or multiple things) that made the “light” turn on for you?

Thanks ICT.

With regards to exits and Fibs, I agree, blending them is very efficient for determining exits.